Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

CourtneyWoods

I'd really love to see a new profession, "Pilot". This would allow for people to craft and build their own ships and have open space missions (no rails!). I'd love to see a career path for people to start out as "Pilot" and end up as "Fleet Admiral".

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailer looks very pretty, but it doesn't really tell you anything about gameplay.

If it can match the X v TIE series that would be incredibly awesome, but I'm not going to hold my breath for a true 3D free flight space combat sim until I've actually flown it in game. As others have mentioned, an interface that doesn't work with pitch, yaw, roll, thrust continuous input axes (ie joystick or HOTAS input devices) would feel fairly broken for us ancient codgers. Though I can say that wouldn't mind at all if the, "you must press a modifier key in order to roll about your starfighter's x axis," feature failed to show up.

I'll hope for the best, and rest secure in the knowledge that if it turns out half baked I can sim to my heart's content in DCS World, where no Abrams, Bradley, LeClerc, Leopard, or Challenger AI is safe from watching me courageously fly a Sukhoi into the mountains of the Black Sea region.

Also, I'd like it better with an option for an out-of-the-cockpit view, rather than just a following view from somewhere behind (where the player's ship moves around on the screen). It would feel more immersive to me that way. Nearly all the flight games that I've really enjoyed playing (such as the X-Wing series, Wing Commander series, F-19 Stealth Fighter, and various flight simulators) had out-of-the-cockpit views with at least part of the cockpit visible (including some gauges and other indicators). And, yes, the more control over the 6 axes of movement, the better. Edited by WhyNot

Look at it. Who got more? PvE or PvP? PvE is first of all the only thing in SWTOR, the only PvP content is so small. I mean there's barely any. I liked the Gree Event because it was a lot of PvP. There are totally 12 PvE servers and 6 PvP servers. Give some stuff to PvP players as well.

For those of you wanting a PvE system in place, there's one already available to you. It's on-rails, like every other PvE system in this game. Use it.

:cool:

How about no. The system in place is terrible. I for one wanted a system that has both pve and pvp available. Which is what they should have had in the begining. I play on a pvp server what I would really like to see is a system where you go into space and you have both at the same time.

Video looked interesting. Would be nice if they bumped it up one more step. Let two people be in each ship. One person pilots and fires forward, the other person can change position and fire from any of the other sides, deploy decoys etc. Edited by Ironskillit

This community is amazing (read: bad). BioWare finally announces the free flight space combat that everyone has been wanting, and the first several posts are, "Where's the PvE?, " and "This should have been in at launch." As opposed to just, "Cool! Thanks!"

Ya how about a little love for the Bioware devs for once. /cheer

Thanks Devs for getting this out to us!

I do appreciate the Devs coming out with this expansion, but in all honesty this games development began in the 21st century. I think it was a bit cheesy on the devs part to give us a space system that was from the 1980's. Earlier in this thread I merely asked a question if this expansion was also going to have pve content or just pvp content. To be honest I would enjoy seeing a space system where I don't have to enter a battle to experience space. I would like to have the ability to jump in my ship and take off then pick a direction or a hyperspace route and take off and fly myself somewhere, or just fly around and for the hell of it.

HOPING more than anything that this PVP system is more balanced than the current system ......

who's taking the bets on it releases with two tiers and best weapons only available either at max level or via cartel market to recoup some of the cash from 'giving away' this content .....

dont get me wrong , i like the look of it and i will most likely play it , but for all those thinking this is gonna launch and actually work ..... HAHAHAHA ..... nothing has launched an worked properly here since game began ....

here's to HOPE :)

• 2 weeks later...
I, for one, am thinking this will only fragment the all ready small PvP community even further thus creating even more a sorry state of affairs for PVP in this game.

People need to get it through their thick skulls that this is not PvP in the traditional MMO sense.

ALOT of PvE players will play this because it is not even slightly like the regular MMO PvP. I loathe PvP in SW:TOR but I'll be playing the heck out of this expansion because i love space shooters.

And that is what this is. A space starship shooter.

Comparing this to regular MMO PvP is like comparing call of duty to regular MMO PvP.