Crested Orokeet / Model Flashfire

Screaming_Ziva

Yesterday someone on fleet was linking the Crested Orokeet in fleet. I asked them if they actually had it or if they were linking it from collections and they said they actually had it. I asked them where they got it and they said they got it from a physical Cartel Coin card from Best Buy.

I just got back from my local Best Buy and they did have physical Cartel Coin cards. They're the same 2,400 coin cards and they say they come with an exclusive pet but they don't say which one. I got home, entered the code, and logged in expecting to see the Crested Orokeet in my mail. However, to my surprise I got the Model Flashfire. So the question remains, where is the Crested Orokeet going to come from? I know Amazon is changing their pet on the 12th of this month, maybe there (but why did someone supposedly already get it from Best Buy)?

Also, before you go running off to Best Buy. All the cards at my local store were "recalled" and, technically, they were not supposed to sell them (a big red alert came up on the register when they rang them up). I convinced them to sell me one anyway since it was my $20 that would have been wasted if it didn't work. So, don't be surprised if your store refuses to sell them.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8692/13zw.jpg

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, we need some official word on this. After all, having new SWTOR products on shelves is a great marketing move on their part; they should not hide it.

What I believe has happened is that originally Target was supposed to have the Crested Orokeet pet but for some reason they ran into problems and had to delay this. Note that the mail for the Orokeet says "Target Cartel Coins reward".

Then, with the Space PVP expansion they made a new pet, the Model Flashfire, and produced new codes for BestBuy. Note how it says "BestBuy Cartel Coins reward" in the subject of the mail.

I am guessing that they mixed up some codes, and therefore some cards sold by BestBuy in fact granted the Orokeet pet. As soon as they noticed this, they told BestBuy to recall all cards until they figure out which codes are right and which ones are wrong.

I suppose that they have contracts with the individual merchants that promise a unique pet, and therefore they want to minimize the impact of mixed codes so that they do not have to pay any penalties? Still, I find it unfair that some players have now gotten the pet before it was recalled, and all others don't know if they'll ever get it.

And to add to the confusion, don't forget that Amazon will have a new pet on Tuesday, November 12. No idea what pet that will be, since there is no other pet in the collections yet.

Edited by Jerba

And to add to the confusion, don't forget that Amazon will have a new pet on Tuesday, November 12. No idea what pet that will be, since there is no other pet in the collections yet.

Well, also interesting is that Amazon said the new pet would be on November 5th, then they changed the date on like Nov 4th. Maybe you're right and someone screwed up. Maybe Amazon were supposed to have the Crested Orokeet and Best Buy were supposed to have Model Flashfire and the codes got switched around. Hence Amazon delayed their pet and Best Buy tried to recall all their cards until they could sort it out.

It does look as if this has turned into a huge mess and an update on what the hell is going on would be awesome. I mean, they do want us to buy these things, right? Right now, I'd suggest no one buys either of them until we work out which pet is where!

Of course the two could be unrelated - maybe Best Buy was always supposed to have Model Flashfire, got some Target codes by mistake, and then Amazon had to delay because they hadn't put their new pet in Collections yet, which might be added in the next patch (which would, perhaps not coincidentally, be out on Nov 12th).

Whatever is going on, it's really frustrating. Now some people have the Crested Orokeet while other people haven't had that chance. I'm already having to fight pretty hard to get hold of these things because I'm outside the US - this is not helping!!

Edited by CrazyMcGee

After reading something on Reddit, I think I know which pet will be available on Amazon the day after tomorrow. :)

So this would be the current list of pets from Cartel Coin cards:

EU (physical): Forest Nekarr Cat - available

BestBuy (digital): Arctic Manka Lynx - available

GameStop (digital): Lobelode - available

Walmart (physical): Gilded Flutterplume - available

Amazon.com (digital): Umbral Blurrg - retired on 11/12

Target (physical?): Crested Orokeet - unknown/not available

BestBuy (physical): Model Flashfire - recalled

Amazon.com (digital): Model S-12 Blackbolt - available on 11/12

Edited by Jerba

Even though when you go to checkout at Best Buy the computer says 'recall' you can still buy the card and get the Model Flashfire. I got mine yesterday, fully expecting to get the Orokeet. Now I'm wondering when we can get the Orokeet from Target. Hopefully soon, I check every week and will post when I see it.

Oh! And you can get the cartel coins card as a download from Best Buy online. At least you could yesterday, altho I didn't try buying it. Am assuming it's not 'recalled' too :D

Edited by lizziandme

Oh! And you can get the cartel coins card as a download from Best Buy online. At least you could yesterday, altho I didn't try buying it. Am assuming it's not 'recalled' too :D

I am pretty sure that the online code only gives you the old pet (Arctic Manka Lynx), but I'll gladly be corrected if someone has tried it. :)

This is really confusing - can we please get a dev explanation?

This page needs updating.

Agreed. A dev response would be very nice but they should at least update their own page on the subject. They'd probably sell a lot more of them if accurate information was available on them.

I am pretty sure that the online code only gives you the old pet (Arctic Manka Lynx), but I'll gladly be corrected if someone has tried it. :)

The first thing I tried was ordering online. I didn't get a code (I already have the Arctic Manka Lynx) so I'm assuming the digital code still gives the Arctic Manka Lynx.

Now that the weekend is over, it would be nice to get an official response on this, specifically:

1) Is the Crested Orokeet still planned to be sold by Target, and if so, when can we expect to see it in stores? Will it be a physical or digital code? How can we pet collectors, who weren't that lucky to get the Crested Orokeet from a BestBuy card, still get it?

2) Why did some BestBuy cards unlock the Crested Orokeet pet? Am I right in assuming that the Model Flashfire is the correct pet from BestBuy? Why have the cards been recalled, can we buy them anyway, and if not when will they be back?

3) Can you confirm whether Amazon is going to switch to the Model S-12 Blackbolt tomorrow, or will it be another pet?

4) Please update the Help Center page with the current status on the exclusive pets to prevent any further confusion.

After reading something on Reddit, I think I know which pet will be available on Amazon the day after tomorrow. :)

So this would be the current list of pets from Cartel Coin cards:

EU (physical): Forest Nekarr Cat - available

BestBuy (digital): Arctic Manka Lynx - available

GameStop (digital): Lobelode - available

Walmart (physical): Gilded Flutterplume - available

Amazon (digital): Umbral Blurrg - retired on 11/12

Target (physical?): Crested Orokeet - unknown/not available

BestBuy (physical): Model Flashfire - recalled

Amazon (digital): Model S-12 Blackbolt - available on 11/12

Please keep in mind that it means http://www.amazon.com, not http://www.amazon.de , for example.

http://www.amazon.de only has the Nekarr Forest Cat, I found out.

I just purchased a physical card from Best Buy and presume I'll end up with a Model Flashfire. I still want a Crested Orokeet...

I still want any of the american ones ... Last time when I wrote into the forums here cthat I was willing to trade the CC code for any american one, no-one answered to me. Sad.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Has anyone bought the new pet from Amazon yet? Can you confirm what it is please?

I actually brought an Amazon cartel coin card on Tuesday, Nov 12 after 10 am PST. I got my 2400 coins but no pet in the mail...It is suppose to the Blackbolt pet..

I still hold with the theory that the people that aren't getting the new Amazon pet aren't getting it because they've previously used an Amazon card so they're flagged for no pet even though the pet has changed.

Hmm, interesting. I got the other Amazon pet by buying it off the GTN cos they forgot BoP, so maybe I'll try an Amazon download and test your theory.

I'm really confused about these pets, maybe someone can explain it to me.

The idea is that these stores get some advertising, plus while you're there on the website or in the shop buying the card, maybe you buy something else too, right? That's the basic idea?

So how does that work if there's no promotion and no announcement about when they are selling these and which pets are at which store etc? What's the business model here for having no information?

I struggle with these cos I'm not in the US, but I see plenty of posts here from Americans who have just as much trouble, like their Walmart has never heard of them. I don't get why this is so confused and secret.

Is it just really, really badly managed or am I not understanding something?

Edited by CrazyMcGee

Yeah, the Amazon.com codes still give the old (Umbral Blurrg) pet, that's why people who already bought it previously did not get a new pet this time around. There is a thread in Customer Service about it, but no yellow response, so I guess they are working on it and cannot say anything.

Also, the preview of the Blackbolt pet in the Collections does not work, similar to how the new packs also cannot be previewed (unless you use the workaround). This makes me believe that EA never intended to have them available already.

Also, I read that there are some problems with the digital BestBuy code (for the Arctic Manka Lynx). Some people could not find their code, other people got an error message when redeeming it, and now the codes give a pet but no cartel coins.

Please keep in mind that it means http://www.amazon.com, not http://www.amazon.de , for example.

http://www.amazon.de only has the Nekarr Forest Cat, I found out.

Correct, Amazon.de only sells the European code. I edited my post.

So how does that work if there's no promotion and no announcement about when they are selling these and which pets are at which store etc? What's the business model here for having no information?

I struggle with these cos I'm not in the US, but I see plenty of posts here from Americans who have just as much trouble, like their Walmart has never heard of them. I don't get why this is so confused and secret.

Is it just really, really badly managed or am I not understanding something?

I agree that this is very strange. It seems that it is out of EA's control when the merchants put them in the stores. The cartel coins are probably waiting in some warehouse until they have space in the shelves, and considering how there are always employees that don't think about what they're doing, I am not surprised that the marketing department has no idea what is happening in each individual store.

Edited by Jerba

I agree that this is very strange. It seems that it is out of EA's control when the merchants put them in the stores. The cartel coins are probably waiting in some warehouse until they have space in the shelves, and considering how there are always employees that don't think about what they're doing, I am not surprised that the marketing department has no idea what is happening in each individual store.

I'm guessing this is what it is. When the Gilded Flutterplume cards started showing up at Wal-Mart, the store right down the street from me didn't get them. I had to go a couple towns over to find a store with them. However, just a couple weeks ago the closer Wal-Mart got a stack of them in.

I still don't understand all the secrecy about these cards though and why they can't put any official information out about them.

I went to two Best Buys today looking for the physical card. First one they had already been returned. The employee (same guy who helped me with the digital) said they are waiting for a replacement card, but he didn't know when it was expected. Second store had them on the shelf and it was the Flashfire. The in game mail title was different than for their earlier promotion.

Yesterday someone on fleet was linking the Crested Orokeet in fleet. I asked them if they actually had it or if they were linking it from collections and they said they actually had it. I asked them where they got it and they said they got it from a physical Cartel Coin card from Best Buy.

I just got back from my local Best Buy and they did have physical Cartel Coin cards. They're the same 2,400 coin cards and they say they come with an exclusive pet but they don't say which one. I got home, entered the code, and logged in expecting to see the Crested Orokeet in my mail. However, to my surprise I got the Model Flashfire. So the question remains, where is the Crested Orokeet going to come from? I know Amazon is changing their pet on the 12th of this month, maybe there (but why did someone supposedly already get it from Best Buy)?

Also, before you go running off to Best Buy. All the cards at my local store were "recalled" and, technically, they were not supposed to sell them (a big red alert came up on the register when they rang them up). I convinced them to sell me one anyway since it was my $20 that would have been wasted if it didn't work. So, don't be surprised if your store refuses to sell them.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8692/13zw.jpg

I got two of the cards last week at best buy and they gave me the target crested orokeet. I will try again and see if they give the flashfire

Can I ask anyone that's gotten the Orokeet....what image was on the card? Was it a female BH with red hair? Or something else? The Fashfire was on one with the female BH....was just curious if the Orokeet has a different character on the cover. Might be easier to find that way, so if I see it in the store I know which one to get.

Previously, some people were wondering because the "Model S-12 Blackbolt" looked like the Sting starship and not like the Blackbolt.

And now, when I logged in to PTR today, I discovered that they renamed the pet to "Model S-13 Sting" everywhere - in the item name/description, in the mail, in the abilitiy name/description, in the NPC name and even in the Collections interface. So it looks like there was a mix-up and you're supposed to get the Model S-13 Sting pet. Amazon.com still advertises the Model S-12 Blackbolt though.

I so wish that we would get an official response and don't need to figure this out on our own... :rolleyes: