Best thing about being a girl gamer!

Sathla

Well, i personally haven't really met any female gamers, i know they exist, i just don't meet them...sadly.

I do however tend to meet the ones that think 'ALL video games are for children' i was like '***?' I mean, if i hung out with a friend that was a woman, she wouldn't need to be a gamer to be fun to be around, but she would have to be fine with me being a gamer, otherwise, its not going to work.....at all.

Also, the only game that women i know that did play games a little bit...was sims.........an ok game, but doesn't compare to an RPG or a RTS or a space sim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am also a guy who uses female toons exclusively when playing MMOs. There are many reasons why, but one of the best is the assumption that I am in fact a woman.

well, that reason is a kind of wierd to me!

I use female toons because of the perfect view from behind and some other sides (in cutscenes), it will be a bit... hm... not so exciting for me all that time in game see the man's back :-)

• 2 weeks later...
When i group up with people for a longer period of time, they tend to always guess i'm a female gamer because of how i act, but they get the age WAY wrong :p i had a guy guess i was 25-30 years old a while ago. I'm 14 :jawa_smile: I love to see their reaction when i tell them my real age.

I've run into various "girl gamers" at BSN from playing Mass Effect via fandom for FemShep, though there are guys (like, oh, me) who like that character too. Noticed some female voices over the mike while playing the ME3 MP as well. So it isn't too rare in my experience, at least.

Hm. Re: Playing a character of the opposite sex. I ended up starting my first character as a female scoundrel, mostly because I liked the voice that popped up when I was clicking around on options for the smuggler class' sex. Still have a male gunslinger started and he's fun to play too. I usually mention that I'm a guy when playing the female character if I get into a group and we're conversing about something or another, though not constantly. E.g., I was asked about healing and my reaction was like: "Heal?! I'm just a 42 yr old geek guy who just started this mmorpg thing. I'm a bit better at dps..." (Fortunately we had a Jedi healer who handled most of the healing in that group too. Though I have gotten a little bit better at healing. Keep getting lost on Taris, though.)

I guess I'll see what happens w/my female characters as I go, though I will try to not string people along into thinking I"m a "guuurrrrlllll" or whatever. Besides, the Female Trooper is played by FemShep so I've got to try that character out. :D

At the moment I can't really tell who is or isn't a male or female player. I do wonder about the ones who have female characters and/or companions dressed in that Republic dancer outfit or similar, though. My initial suspicion is teenage male :rolleyes: (I was once one, back during the last Ice Age, after all :rak_03:), though there are more than a few female Star Wars fans who like dressing up in that metal bikini outfit from RoTJ so that might be an unfair presumption...

• 2 weeks later...
When i group up with people for a longer period of time, they tend to always guess i'm a female gamer because of how i act, but they get the age WAY wrong :p i had a guy guess i was 25-30 years old a while ago. I'm 14 :jawa_smile: I love to see their reaction when i tell them my real age.

THATS funny because i'm 14 as well, but i am a guy. there was someone that though i was i colledge.

WRONG, btw whats your name in the game, it would be cool to talk to you

I've run into various "girl gamers" at BSN from playing Mass Effect via fandom for FemShep, though there are guys (like, oh, me) who like that character too. Noticed some female voices over the mike while playing the ME3 MP as well. So it isn't too rare in my experience, at least.

Hm. Re: Playing a character of the opposite sex. I ended up starting my first character as a female scoundrel, mostly because I liked the voice that popped up when I was clicking around on options for the smuggler class' sex. Still have a male gunslinger started and he's fun to play too. I usually mention that I'm a guy when playing the female character if I get into a group and we're conversing about something or another, though not constantly. E.g., I was asked about healing and my reaction was like: "Heal?! I'm just a 42 yr old geek guy who just started this mmorpg thing. I'm a bit better at dps..." (Fortunately we had a Jedi healer who handled most of the healing in that group too. Though I have gotten a little bit better at healing. Keep getting lost on Taris, though.)

I guess I'll see what happens w/my female characters as I go, though I will try to not string people along into thinking I"m a "guuurrrrlllll" or whatever. Besides, the Female Trooper is played by FemShep so I've got to try that character out. :D

At the moment I can't really tell who is or isn't a male or female player. I do wonder about the ones who have female characters and/or companions dressed in that Republic dancer outfit or similar, though. My initial suspicion is teenage male :rolleyes: (I was once one, back during the last Ice Age, after all :rak_03:), though there are more than a few female Star Wars fans who like dressing up in that metal bikini outfit from RoTJ so that might be an unfair presumption...

i agree it's getting hard to tell who's a girl and who's not in the game, and i also thought that all those metal biki's came from teeanage male players

I actually agree with you. If a man is dumb enough to give me stuff based on the fact I'm female, more fool them. I didn't create the stereotype and I don't ever ask for perks. But if they want to treat me differently then I'll take the perks because I know that I'll be getting plenty of the negative ones along with it. I'm a Sith fan for a reason, why deny myself the opportunity to get ahead just because its not moral? Morals have nothing to do with games and they shouldn't be something to hold back your progression.

You are a bad person and should be ashamed. Morals are always relevant, whether its "just a game" or not.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sincerely glad you're here ladies.

Because as in r/l you provide a civilizing influence.

Please don't ever let the emotional and/or chronological 'little boys' depress or discourage you. If you rise to their bait, you're giving them just what they want. Trust me, blocking/ignoring them and moving on is the best answer. Once again welcome. And... Party On!

• 4 weeks later...
I met a lady who was also a gamer.....I married her lol

^ this. I met my wife 7 years ago on Runescape. Strange thing was at the time I played a Female character because I use to mine rune ore in the wild back when it was pvp and I'd get attacked maybe only 1/4 the amount I did before I changed my gender. Anyways we play almost every game together and I can honestly say she can probably beat me out on any mmo in pvp and I've watched her play before she always comes first in every wz match ive ever seen her go in and Id be like 4th or some s*** like that. Lol but she's pro at pretty much any computer game. Funny to hear people rage on team fortress 2 mic when we constant run supercharged medic heavy on each other and can clear a command point ( not so sure why people rage in that game anyways, you die you respawn, team loses so what not like you get anything from it to where losing should piss you off lol.). Any ways the strangest thing is though you get her on a console and she ha the hardest time playing games on it. I remember a couple years back we got gta 4 on xbox and she couldn't turn a corner on any vehicle for the life of her. She'd slide out and crash every time she tried to turn was pretty funny for me to watched but man was she getting pissed. Especially in missions where you have chase someone down. But funny thing she or the gta bundle in steam about a month ago which had all gta games and dlcs up to 4 for like 12$ or something awesomely priced, and she was turning near flawless on the computer . Any ways I got side tracked. I met her on rs when I was 17 she was 16. I lived in California and she lived in Wisconsin. We talked on the phone every day. When I was 20 I moved to Wisconsin and we got married last year in April. I can honestly say I couldn't be any happier.

Lady Combat players put a lot of commitment into there gaming, and there not driven by the insane urge to be a level whore, or sometimes let of an PvP enemy if its obvious, she will win any confrontation.

I played with a husband and wife team in EAsys battlefield maps, and his wife , was ace with grenade use, she was no slouch, and she knocked me out a few times I can tell you, I had great respect for this lady, as she was very hard to bring down.

On the subject of ladies in Combat. In the virtual world of Second life lies many combat community's. I was in an urban ghetto type combat land. Me and a dutch lady made a faction named "The Widow makers" based on types of spiders. Although we co lead it, and it was my original idea, her leadership was as strict as any male leader.

When I had to leave it because of health issues, she took on the whole family, and it lasted 18 months before it ran its course. 18 months holding a faction together in The fast moving world of SL was no mean feat, and I was proud to serve with her for the time I was still able to support her until RL intervened.

My gender is neither female or male, I am an in- betweener, hence , because Mila from Res Evil is so hawt:D

I decided to name my characters after some of Alices names or films. In my guild, my Avatar picture is "The red Queen", and that's what Im known as, on our website.

Long live the republic & Girl power:cool:

I'm a guy that routinely plays female toons, and it's funny the way people look at you differently. In WoW, I was leveling a mage and two guys grouped up with me for a harder quest. At one point they were off turning something in, so I just naturally started killing things. When they came back, there was a pile of corpses in my area, and they exclaimed, "Well, aren't you just a little killer?" Then they helped me finish the rest of the quests in the zone even though they didn't need them--all because they thought I was a girl.

Whenever there is a potential female gamer around, a legion of mouthbreathers climb out of the woodwork.

• 5 months later...
Been gaming for 15 years and only met one girl gamer in all that time. Her and boyfriend played Wow together. Most of the female characters you see ingame are played by guys. And they will say they are female for real to get free stuff from other players. The OP might be a guy looking for stuff. Only way to tell is maybe with teamspeak. Edited by wmtyrance