Armstech Offhand Fiasco (Bind on Pickup, overpriced)

Retrogame

I want to register my extreme displeasure with the fact that the Armstech offhand schematics that can be purchased for 150 Basic Commendations produce items that bind on pickup. How absurd!

Artifice offhand shields/foci bind on equip. Biochem implants bind on equip. Cybertech earpieces bind on equip. Armormech armor parts bind on equip.

So why on earth do the offhand weapons (which are only even relevant to scoundrels and mercenaries!) bind on pickup when made?!?

I recognize that these items can only be obtained by crafting with Isotope-5, but the high price and the fact that they can't be sold on the GTN, unlike the offhands produced by Artifice, makes this a complete waste of time. Furthermore, if a mainhand weapon of rating 156 can be purchased for only 85 Basic Commendations why does the Offhand SCHEMATIC which requires a unit of Isotope-5 (drop from Toborrow's Courtyard operation or bought for ANOTHER 35 Basic Commendations) cost 150 and can basically be used one time??

Please tell me this is actually a BUG that can be FIXED. Otherwise I just bought a shotgun schematic on my Vanguard who can't use shotguns! (I intended to craft for an alt.) It failed to register that in the list of dozens of schematics the offhand weapons said bind on pickup while everything else in the list says bind on equip.

Yep, i got some schems for artefice and they are BOP aswel. Can't send them over to my artefice toon. Total BS.

I think he's talking about the crafted goods. I believe all the schemes are bop but most you can craft to resell or send to alts. His problem is the shotgun scheme he now has allows him go make the shotgun but he can't resell them or send them to his alts.

It's obviously a bug. I reported it a long time ago shortly after 2.0 when I first noticed it but nothing ever came of it. The only thing I can say is people need to keep reporting it in game and posting about it on the forums and hopefully sooner or later someone at Bioware will notice and fix it.

I think he's talking about the crafted goods. I believe all the schemes are bop but most you can craft to resell or send to alts. His problem is the shotgun scheme he now has allows him go make the shotgun but he can't resell them or send them to his alts.

Yes I would expect the schematic itself to bind on pickup. But when you use the schematic you learn to make an item. And the item you make binds on pickup, meaning that only you, or one of your companions, can use it.

I forgot about offhand sabers in the description but that's also BOP. But the offhand focus or shield for a Guardian is NOT bind on pickup when you craft it. So something is wrong here.

The only other examples I know of where crafted items bind on pickup, making them only usable by the crafter, are reusable Rakata adrenals and medpacs and stims. But those schematics are purchased from the Biochem trainer for credits, not for commendations. The old Exotech med unit schematic can be purchased with Classic Commendations now but the produced product does NOT bind on pickup.

I would really like to believe this is a mistake. It makes no sense. At least if I was a smuggler class then either myself or a companion could use the crafted shotgun. But as of right now it's vendor trash and a total waste. I could have bought an Arknanian Relic for the same price as the useless schematic.