Ultimate Showdown!!! Exar-Kun meets his match!!!

UndyingHadyn

You asserted that Kenobi could diffuse a Force Blast. The fact is: he can't.

You said,

A duel such as this would probably go down like the Mustafar duel. Exar Kun would blitz Obi-Wan with a brute force offense and Kenobi would weather the attacks. I think that Exar Kun would have to pull every trick he has to get the better of Obi-Wan, but that may not be enough. What then results is an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object... until Exar Kun pulls out his Force abilities, then Kenobi is screwed.

A good match, but Exar Kun would win.

This is what I wrote.

A novice understudy would generally perceive that size doesn't matter -- big guy always wins. Point is "the big guy" kun, would as you say resort to "big" force attacks. Now the common misconception here is that highly powerful Jedi are extremely tuned into the force. In essence, they *are* their environment, every stick, every stone, every spec of dust in the air.....everything.

Now kun would draw on the force to generate this "big" blast of his that everyone accepts as a "kun wins button". Now Obi-wan would be able to sence the huge collection of darkside energy beginning to pool from kun. Obi would also be wise enough to accept that he is unprepared to match such an attack head on.

So what we would see here, is on one side Kun is beginning to channel a force blast, and on the other side, Obi-wan is searching with lightning fast force perception, as to what he shall use to interrupt Kun. He is already aware of absolutely every single molecule in the room....so with his sence of humor, he out-wits Kun.....with a rock.

Obi sends the rock from behind kun with just enough force to not impale kun's skull. Kun does not loose consciousness, however it is too late. Obi-wan uses a force push, which sends Kun shattering into a wall. This attack does incapacitate Kun.

Next thing that occurs in kun's world, is him opening his eyes in a special chamber of the Republic Prison. Kun is nothing more than a relic of just another failed Jedi that thought he could rule the galaxy.

Hmm.

I never stated that Obi-wan could diffuse the blast. It's the very essence of darkside energy in it's purest form. A form that could undoubtedly be recognized by a master lightside practitioner. I said that Obi-wan interrupted Kun's blast before it began.

It's true. Obi-wan has displayed inferior force barrier capabilities. He has also displayed incredibly well timed feats that bordered on impossible. He utilizes his wisdom, his experience, and his faith in the force to overcome superior adversaries. Granted, luck may often win a battle for any man...If his courage holds. That is why I say that Obi-wan firstly, would have the ability to recognize the raw power that Kun could channel, and secondly would possess the wherewithal within the force to find another way to overcome the encounter.

I'm not confrontational, I'm just trying to draw from you, your best.;)

Edited by UndyingHadyn

[i never stated that Obi-wan could diffuse the blast.

Yes you did:

Even easier then for Obi-wan to diffuse.

*Insert cliché "ah ha!" quote here*

I'm not confrontational, I'm just trying to draw from you, your best.;)

Then let the games begin...

I love how he didn't even explain how he believes Obi-wan could successfully pull off a Force attack against Kun, when Kun has exceptionally powerful Force Barriers.

And even if Kenobi manages a successful Force attack, Kun would most likely recover from it fairly quickly.

I'm sure an argument can be made for Kenobi being able to successfully pull off a Force attack.

Alright alright, I used the wrong word in response to the lady's lesser force fart arguments, don't get too cheeky lol. However it is clear in my original picture of the fight, that I said Obi-wan's enhanced perception would enable him the chance to interrupt Kun's force attack. This May or may not actually occur, but in the event that Obi-wan didn't defeat Kun during the sabre duel (which is possible he could)... interrupting kun's force blast is the only chance he has, and he would know it.

Coincidently, it is known that kun was actually quite susceptible to physical injury and wasn't able to "diffuse" them as efficiently as force attacks. This is a fortunate circumstance for Obi-wan, for his ability to interrupt kun with physical energy first, would actually catch kun by surprise. These factors were included in my original account of how their fight might occur.

I love how he didn't even explain how he believes Obi-wan could successfully pull off a Force attack against Kun, when Kun has exceptionally powerful Force Barriers.

I'm going to call you "old once again", like as a nick-name or something.

Re read my account of how I said the fight might occur ...once again.

I think he was saying he was going to attack him long most people attack against an opponent with strong force barriers by chucking rocks and the like. Force barriers don't protect against projectiles thus Kun has to use his own TK abilities to stop the stones something I doubt he can do while concentrating for force blasts. Also Kenobi has the strongest push in the order and high caliber force sensitives have penetrated Kun's Defenses before (albeit Kun was able to lessen the impact) I believe by having such a high caliber push Obi-wan classifies as a high caliber force sensitive.

Not taking any side here just thought some clarification was needed and just wanted to point out that a less powerful, but crafty force user can still use lower level conventional force abilities to fight against a more powerful opponent, and thought that argument wasn't being explained well enough carry on.

I'm going to call you "old once again", like as a nick-name or something.

Re read my account of how I said the fight might occur ...once again.

If you weren't being such an arrogant twit in almost every post I might care to read your arguments.

I think he was saying he was going to attack him long most people attack against an opponent with strong force barriers by chucking rocks and the like. Force barriers don't protect against projectiles thus Kun has to use his own TK abilities to stop the stones something I doubt he can do while concentrating for force blasts. Also Kenobi has the strongest push in the order and high caliber force sensitives have penetrated Kun's Defenses before (albeit Kun was able to lessen the impact) I believe by having such a high caliber push Obi-wan classifies as a high caliber force sensitive.

Well there are a number of problems here, Kun doesn't need to stand around and charge a blast, he never relents his attack, it is also one of the reason he wields his unique weapon with one hand, he always has one free to use his force abilities with, Obi-Wan is not going to have time to use any rocks, because he is getting bull-rushed.

Between Force Wave, Force Wound and how easily Kun could take advantage of Soresu's weaknesses and Obi-Wan is in trouble.

Edited by LadyKulvax

If you weren't being such an arrogant twit in almost every post I might care to read your arguments.

Well there are a number of problems here, Kun doesn't need to stand around and charge a blast, he never relents his attack, it is also one of the reason he wields his unique weapon with one hand, he always has one free to use his force abilities with, Obi-Wan is not going to have time to use any rocks, because he is getting bull-rushed.

Between Force Wave, Force Wound and how easily Kun could take advantage of Soresu's weaknesses and Obi-Wan is in trouble.

hehe, my apologies me lady.

There is a problem here when suggesting all of Kun's force blasts were instantaneous. Force blasts, were a subdivision of the ancient Sith Magics. In essence they were the applications of sorcery. First glance into most types of sith magic, all reveal that the qualities or strength of said applications, all required some preparation. It could be meditation, hand gestures, etc. This highly suggests that sith magic was *chanelled*, ergo Obi-wan would have even more time to act upon the already apparent darkside energy that would be collecting around Kun.

Another arguement to note is again pointed towards Obi-wan's sabre skills. He wasn't using an extendable sabre, but he was a master of more forms than just Soresu. He could switch between many forms quickly and efficiently. So basically, Kun's arrogance could totally be used against him. Obi would be surviving Kun's sabre onslaught, creating windows of opportunity for Obi to switch to an aggressive form. It would be easy to goad Kun into one of his power strikes. We would see an infuriated Kun swinging with tremendous power down upon Obi, only to see Obi simultaneously dodge and riposte with Shi-cho, for example.

The exponential possibilities of this fight are absolutely delicious.

There is a problem here when suggesting all of Kun's force blasts were instantaneous. Force blasts, were a subdivision of the ancient Sith Magics. In essence they were the applications of sorcery. First glance into most types of sith magic, all reveal that the qualities or strength of said applications, all required some preparation. It could be meditation, hand gestures, etc. This highly suggests that sith magic was *chanelled*, ergo Obi-wan would have even more time to act upon the already apparent darkside energy that would be collecting around Kun.

The preparation required for Sith Magics differs based on the magnitude of the spell and the power of the Force User. For example, in Dynasty of Evil Zannah could inflict extreme terror and insanity on an opponent's mind with no preparation but in Rule of Two she used some weird half second hand gesture to perform it. Exar Kun is quite the powerful Force User and is top 3 of all time in terms of use, knowledge, and power in Sith Magics. Preparation for these attacks is not something he needs.

You also have forgotten the point that Obi-Wan has had opponents rip through his Barrier. Eps III is pretty much Obi-Wan's prime (or close to it) and look how easily Dooku threw him aside. Consider 3 cases:

-Now if Dooku had to "gather his power" to do that, if Obi-Wan sensed Dooku gathering his power whatever means he took to prevent Dooku's attack obviously had no effect.

-If Obi-Wan couldn't sense Dooku gather power, this deducts points from Obi-Wan's sense abilities.

-If Dooku didn't even have to "gather his power" to break Obi-Wan's barrier, this is the most detrimental to your argument for obvious reasons.

So, all 3 cases hurt your argument that Obi-Wan can sense or defend a Kun Force-Based attack and note that I am ignoring the fact the Obi-Wan has no knowledge of defense against magic. If breaking his Barrier occurs, how do you propose he will defend himself against something he knows nothing about? One of the reasons Yoda tells Obi-Wan he is not powerful enough to face Sidious. It's true that Dooku is powerful, but Exar Kun is more powerful. This is not an argument in my opinion but been fun.

The preparation required for Sith Magics differs based on the magnitude of the spell and the power of the Force User. For example, in Dynasty of Evil Zannah could inflict extreme terror and insanity on an opponent's mind with no preparation but in Rule of Two she used some weird half second hand gesture to perform it. Exar Kun is quite the powerful Force User and is top 3 of all time in terms of use, knowledge, and power in Sith Magics. Preparation for these attacks is not something he needs.

You also have forgotten the point that Obi-Wan has had opponents rip through his Barrier. Eps III is pretty much Obi-Wan's prime (or close to it) and look how easily Dooku threw him aside. Consider 3 cases:

-Now if Dooku had to "gather his power" to do that, if Obi-Wan sensed Dooku gathering his power whatever means he took to prevent Dooku's attack obviously had no effect.

-If Obi-Wan couldn't sense Dooku gather power, this deducts points from Obi-Wan's sense abilities.

-If Dooku didn't even have to "gather his power" to break Obi-Wan's barrier, this is the most detrimental to your argument for obvious reasons.

So, all 3 cases hurt your argument that Obi-Wan can sense or defend a Kun Force-Based attack and note that I am ignoring the fact the Obi-Wan has no knowledge of defense against magic. If breaking his Barrier occurs, how do you propose he will defend himself against something he knows nothing about? One of the reasons Yoda tells Obi-Wan he is not powerful enough to face Sidious. It's true that Dooku is powerful, but Exar Kun is more powerful. This is not an argument in my opinion but been fun.

We're not disputing force pushes here. The arguement placed by those saying Kun could melt Obi with a force blast stands. Kun could melt almost anyone with darkside magic. Obi-wan could not diffuse sith magic. He could interrupt it tho.

Cheers;)

We're not disputing force pushes here. The arguement placed by those saying Kun could melt Obi with a force blast stands. Kun could melt almost anyone with darkside magic. Obi-wan could not diffuse sith magic. He could interrupt it tho.

Cheers;)

He could interrupt only if Kun gave him such a chance. But Kun is capable of short blasts, in which case, Obi-wan's only chance would be to dodge. And to dodge, he'd need some of the Ataru gymnastics he was fond of in Ep I, and which nearly got him killed in his fight against Maul. When you only consider Kun's Force blast, you're taking away the fact he was one of the most gifted lightsaber combatants of his time, able to beat his master, Jedi Weapon Master Vodo-Siosk Baas. Exar Kun was never defeated in a lightsaber duel. Obi-wan would be at best evenly matched by Exar Kun.

Also, Dooku did not just Force push Obi-wan away. He lifted Obi-wan up with the Force, choked him, then flung him across the room (which means he grabbed Obi-wan by the balls for at least four seconds). Then the Jedi Master was knocked out for some good twenty minutes. Enough to see who would wake up in the jail in that case (were it not for Anakin).

And these applications of the Force were simply telekinetic. The most basic, run-off-the-mill skills available to Force-users. Kun was capable of considerably more elaborate manifestations of abilities, like the "Force wound" with which he killed Odan-Urr, the Force Blast, mind control to a ridiculous extent (not to say that it would affect Obi-wan, but it's one hell of an elaborate use of the Force that shows how Kun can bend it to his will). Obi-wan would have a better chance at beating Sidious, and we know the outcome of that ficticious confrontation. As Yoda would irrevocably place it: "To fight this Exar Kun (Darth Sidious), strong enough, you are not."

He could interrupt only if Kun gave him such a chance. But Kun is capable of short blasts, in which case, Obi-wan's only chance would be to dodge. And to dodge, he'd need some of the Ataru gymnastics he was fond of in Ep I, and which nearly got him killed in his fight against Maul. When you only consider Kun's Force blast, you're taking away the fact he was one of the most gifted lightsaber combatants of his time, able to beat his master, Jedi Weapon Master Vodo-Siosk Baas. Exar Kun was never defeated in a lightsaber duel. Obi-wan would be at best evenly matched by Exar Kun.

Also, Dooku did not just Force push Obi-wan away. He lifted Obi-wan up with the Force, choked him, then flung him across the room (which means he grabbed Obi-wan by the balls for at least four seconds). Then the Jedi Master was knocked out for some good twenty minutes. Enough to see who would wake up in the jail in that case (were it not for Anakin).

And these applications of the Force were simply telekinetic. The most basic, run-off-the-mill skills available to Force-users. Kun was capable of considerably more elaborate manifestations of abilities, like the "Force wound" with which he killed Odan-Urr, the Force Blast, mind control to a ridiculous extent (not to say that it would affect Obi-wan, but it's one hell of an elaborate use of the Force that shows how Kun can bend it to his will). Obi-wan would have a better chance at beating Sidious, and we know the outcome of that ficticious confrontation. As Yoda would irrevocably place it: "To fight this Exar Kun (Darth Sidious), strong enough, you are not."

Bah.

There isn't enough proof to support these instantaneous, all powerful, melt absolutely everything in your path blasts. Sith magic was channeled, that much lore can tell us. If you think that Kun could simply walk around and shoot blasts like bullets without channeling them, and not experience any exhaustion from utilizing the force... that's silly.

Sure we can list fights where Obi-wan had his nose put out of joint. But there's no denying the incredible victories Obi has had versus greater and more powerful opponents, due to his craftiness. Obi-wan was an experienced and seasoned fighter.

Once again, Kun was quite vunerable and prone to physical injury. I think I even saw a comic strip photo of a thrown stone smashing Kun's face before lol. We all appreciate the fact that sith magic was powerful, and Obi-wan probably wouldn't defend himself appropriately. That is why if the fight even progressed to the point where Kun would have to resort to sith magic, Obi would be able to detect it, and his survival would depend on a successful interruption.

My initial fight description still stands.

So why are people saying that Obi-Wan is just gonna stand there like a moron to try and take the Force Blast, instead of avoiding it? He isn't stupid.

Not saying Obi-Wan wouldn't get hit but you guys are acting like he is just gonna stand there and take it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi