So the Emperor was truly defeated by the Jedi Knight?

Slowpokeking

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its clear that he used up alot of his power. However, hes not really dead. Anyways, according to wookiepedia, he never returned to public attention after his painful defeat on the hands of the Jedi knight.

Not yet anyhow. Future content may have something to add, seeing as the main two hands (who really remind me of those 2 un-named unicorns from Charlie the Unicorn) hint that the Emperor is gathering his strength for future plans.

Not yet anyhow. Future content may have something to add, seeing as the main two hands (who really remind me of those 2 un-named unicorns from Charlie the Unicorn) hint that the Emperor is gathering his strength for future plans.

Well his impact can't be that big anyways, since the Galactic story mainline progresses without him. That beeing said, the 'Jedi Knight' possibly defeated the Galaxy's strongest Sith Lord ever.

sincerly,

I know he didn't really die, but did he use all hist power in the fight against the Jedi Knight character or did he lose the battle on purpose to get a new body?

He didn't lose on purpose for the sake of getting a new body for his Voice because the body he was in he just acquired recently and after the Voss incident he said he was not going to make the mistake of requiring the death of his host body to leave it again.

As for whether he used all of his power, it appears he is recovering when the JK walks in on him, likely from the Voss incident. While the Emperor recovers to a greater extent if you save your companion, however that doesn't necessarily mean he was at full power at the time of the fight. Furthermore we don't know how powerful the Voice is in relation to the Emperor's true body, so it might actually be impossible for the Voice to fight with the Emperor's full power.

Well his impact can't be that big anyways, since the Galactic story mainline progresses without him. That beeing said, the 'Jedi Knight' possibly defeated the Galaxy's strongest Sith Lord ever.

sincerly,

Well so did the SW. *shrug*

He didn't lose on purpose for the sake of getting a new body for his Voice because the body he was in he just acquired recently and after the Voss incident he said he was not going to make the mistake of requiring the death of his host body to leave it again.

As for whether he used all of his power, it appears he is recovering when the JK walks in on him, likely from the Voss incident. While the Emperor recovers to a greater extent if you save your companion, however that doesn't necessarily mean he was at full power at the time of the fight. Furthermore we don't know how powerful the Voice is in relation to the Emperor's true body, so it might actually be impossible for the Voice to fight with the Emperor's full power.

Well so did the SW. *shrug*

Well wether or not his true body still exists let alone has any effects in future is pure speculation. Whats set is that it won't have any serious influence on the outcome of the further Star wars history.

Well wether or not his true body still exists let alone has any effects in future is pure speculation. Whats set is that it won't have any serious influence on the outcome of the further Star wars history.

No his true body still existing in confirmed in post Chapter 3 emails the SW gets. Believing what the game tells you hardly qualifies as speculation.

And you can hardly say that he will not "have any serious influence on the outcome of the further Star wars history." Will he succeed in his plans to eat the universe? Will he be a major player during the era of Darth Bane, assuming he survives? No(unless they retcon that era somewhat....which is not impossible). Will he have an impact on the remainder Old Republic era? Of course he will. The rest of the Old Republic history has yet to be written(or at least released) and he is too important to never be mentiioned again especially when the writers made the point to keep him alive. The class stories will continue and we will see him again.

Yeah that's what I feel weird about.

For realism, Grand Master Satele should obviously be with you when you face Vitiate. Hell, bring the entire Jedi Council too.

This is the most powerful, feared Dark Lord/Sith Emperor ever then. He eats planets, knows most every Dark Side technique which is how he's lived 1,300 years so far (not sure what lightsaber style he uses if at all cuz he's obviously a Sorc), but yea. Even then.....good luck Jedi......

Edited by Darth_Solrac

......A meager Jedi Knight (not even a Master?) is supposed to defeat the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith (at that point) ever? Really? Guess since it's our character.

I plan on rolling a DS JK, does being DS affect how I confront Vitiate?

Except this "meager" Jedi Knight isnt any ordinary jedi knight. His the Luke Skywalker of this era. Once this games over and done with people wont be talking about Revan anymore, itll be about this JK.

For realism, Grand Master Satele should obviously be with you when you face Vitiate. Hell, bring the entire Jedi Council too.

This is the most powerful, feared Dark Lord/Sith Emperor ever then. He eats planets, knows most every Dark Side technique which is how he's lived 1,300 years so far (not sure what lightsaber style he uses if at all cuz he's obviously a Sorc), but yea. Even then.....good luck Jedi......

By Planets, you mean ONE planet that required the ritual of thousands of Sith Lords for him to achieve long life?

Every single class hero in the game walks in out of nowhere to become the most powerful at whatever it is they do in the end of there class story. If you dont exactly like the way it is then it seems this game story isnt for you.

Edited by Girdeux

Except this "meager" Jedi Knight isnt any ordinary jedi knight. His the Luke Skywalker of this era. Once this games over and done with people wont be talking about Revan anymore, itll be about this JK.

By Planets, you mean ONE planet that required the ritual of thousands of Sith Lords for him to achieve long life?

Every single class hero in the game walks in out of nowhere to become the most powerful at whatever it is they do in the end of there class story. If you dont exactly like the way it is then it seems this game isnt for you.

Actually, the JK in TOR is more along the lines of the Kyle Katarn of his era... at least that's how I played him. The Knight who took no crap off anybody. Yeah, I was only barely Light IV by the end of the story. :p

......A meager Jedi Knight (not even a Master?) is supposed to defeat the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith (at that point) ever? Really? Guess since it's our character.

Sir, I have to correct you.

The most power Dark Lord is Sidious.

His true body does exist. Its said throughout the SW storyline that the Emperor's true self has been outside of the known galaxy for some time and that the Emperor will unleash the SW while he recovers his strength. The JK defeated one of the Emperor's Voices,which while nothing to sneeze at, are just vessels for the Emperor.

Think of the Voice as avatars were for various culture's Gods, they were an extension of the God's power and a way for the God to interact with the lowly humans, but they only contained a slight bit of the God's actual power.

The Emperor has been set up in both the TOR game,comics and books as the ultimate baddie for TOR, he is dangerous to both factions because of his ultimate goals.

That being said, no way is BW crazy enough to kill off the ultimate baddie for the game in one class's story and thus forcing people to roll a certain class to participate in his defeat. As nuts as BW is at times, No.Freaking.Way.Did.They.Do.That.

Expect to see the Emperor returning to the know galaxy and burning worlds in future expansions and story content.

Go watch my Video and you will understand how he is still alive

Note how he is crushed at the end but you can still hear his voice...obviously not dead/his essence leaves his old voice host with one last attempt to smash you.

Also i believe if that was the emperors true body he would of had a better escape plan lined up than "whoops my darkside rituals didn't work and now im weaker because of it....Ill sit here without the aid of the full dark council to protect me while the whole republic fleet attacks....yea seems safe.

Oh god no. That is a horrible idea. That would just be giving the Emperor reinforcements as he corrupted the entire Jedi Council. Now borrowing 4X from the Trooper might work as might borrowing the Consulars army of droids, but bringing in any organic other than maybe Kira would be a horrible idea as they would be turned fairly quickly.

He didnt defeat the emperor, he defeated his voice, which considering the Sith Warrior does too, isnt really that hard. The True Emperor would probably one shot your JK

He didnt defeat the emperor, he defeated his voice, which considering the Sith Warrior does too, isnt really that hard. The True Emperor would probably one shot your JK

I can imagine him flicking his wrist and wiping the entire room. I can't wait to meet the emperor. :D

To be completely fair, the Voice the SW defeats not only lowers it's defenses but has Sel-Makor corrupting it and appears to be much less powerful than the one the JK fights.

I've played both the SW and the JK to 50 and the JK by far fights the tougher Voice.

On a side note, I'm still surprised by the people who stubbornly refuse to believe the JK did not kill the actual Emperor given the plethora of topics about it, knowledgeable people lurking about the forums and posts like Ranadiel's Primer on the Emperor, which breaks down the whole scenario for you.http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=340056

Edited by Temeluchus

But any other Person, even Satele Shan herself, would immedeatly be mind-twisted by the emperor, which is why you cant even bring your companions but your droid.

Makes sence since scourge is only with you because he waited 300 years for you to be born as the 'only person who can resist his dark influence'.

sincerly,

But any other Person, even Satele Shan herself, would immedeatly be mind-twisted by the emperor, which is why you cant even bring your companions but your droid.

Makes sence since scourge is only with you because he waited 300 years for you to be born as the 'only person who can resist his dark influence'.

sincerly,

Well it isn't entirely true that the JK is the only one who can resist that specific effect. Revan was able to do it as well(and resisted for close to 300 years). And since it is clearly implied that a person gains this resistance by breaking the Emperor's control after being controlled the first time, it seems likely that Kira should have it as well.

And then droids are naturally immune to the corrupting effects....although they are probably a bit more prone to death by force lightning making them a less than ideal response to the Emperor.