Into the pit

Miffy

I was frustrated at this boss myself. I tried a few times with tactics but failed. I realised the Broodmother is somewhat force resistant.

So I decided to just ignore the adds and beat on her with my lightsaber while stunning, shielding and healing as necesaary. That worked for me.

I was a bit upset that the simplest approach worked best.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just slap on dark force, and when the broodlings come aoe them with discharge and an overload, they will fall over instantly and you can sit on the boss. I downed her after 2 tries, but didnt need and heals or whatn ot, my pet died but it worked out in the end :D did it lvl 21 with assassin

I couldnt do it as a madness sorcerer, but I just asked someone to help. It was pretty close though and I propably could have done if I had been +1 or 2 levels. Also, the thing that annoys me is that the broodmasters adds dont reset. If you die, they just stay there, making the next attempt that much harder.

I dont remember what level I did it, but remembering the speed me and khem were dying I was propably too low.

Edited by Karkais

well I am no power gamer. I can't hit all the buttons fast. I cant afford to outfit myself because I dont have any money. my armor keeps decaying and i spend all my money repairing it. I am 22 and keep dying. I finally found someone to help. they went 1st and completed their class then we exit and I go in first and they get the message they are ineligible and cant come in.

devs you have no idea how hard this is some people. This game is supposed to be fun and I can understand a challenge, but I can't do this crap.

I could not solo the dromand kas class boss either. This is total bullcrap.

lmao. i have to admit, the decision to make the class bosses the only hard content in the game is an interesting one, but i'm loving it personally. if you want to just hit attack until it falls over, there's always skyrim...

before declaring it impossible, i'd point out the percentage of people who've managed to complete it. perhaps some googling for strategy would help? (it certainly did with this boss)

there's no shame in looking for a new way to come at a problem.

I just managed to do this on my first attempt as a assassin. My advice would be speccing darkness, set khem to dps mode, and pulling the brood mother back to the steps that you entered the room by (not the ones by the relic).

When she summons her little babies they will either take alot longer to reach you (what happened the first time she summoned them for me) or not aggro onto you at all (which is what happened during their 2nd summoning).

Also, invest in a endurance stim pack and use one with the force. (atleast I think its called one with the force, the skill that gives you % health regen on a 20 min cooldown and makes the music all epic)

best of luck.

This guy pissed me off so much i stopped playing my assassin for awhile. i came back the next day and actualy tried getting into a raiding zone (from my wow days) and found it rather simple. as an assassin u need to kite the guy. focus on killing adds asap and use your channel of the force to give some extra hp.

Fyi get good at these fights. use your interupts, stuns, and kiting skills. YOU WILL NEED THEM LATER ON.

Im assuming your khem val is well geared btw, otherwise your doomed and you need to pvp for awhile hehe.

im assuming sorcs are the same way at this point btw just at a range. KEEP KITING.

Edited by FloatingOrb

The problem isn't that this quest is hard, it is that it is so much harder than anything else that has come before it.

I'm playing an Assassin (DPS) and was at level 20 when I did this quest. Took me three tries and using some of the strategies on this thread to beat it. (The idea of kiting the mother back to the original entrance chamber is what finally worked for me.)

I can understand wanting to make the final boss for a planetary class quest line a challenge, but I think the devs went a little overboard with this one, especially for the assassin spec. Assassins are all about striking from stealth, high burst damage up front, and killing off an enemy before it can down you in your lovely light armor. This encounter was designed in such a way as to eliminate most of the assassin's advantages. Doable, but it was like going from basic arithmetic to suddenly needing to solve an algebra equation.

Edited by Bluearch

Yeah, just tried this as a level 19 Sorc... think I'll do a couple of space missions first to level up. I got annihilated but I was just standing there like an idiot trying to nuke it to death and, using Overload whenever it popped. Think I'll try again when it isn't 3:30 am. :eek:

Toughest solo mission I have come across so far.

Edited by Zebede

I did this on lvl 19 and yes, it's not an easy fight at all. Failed 2 times before I realized what's wrong.

You see, don't fight her in the middle of the room, pull her to the stairs. Then there's chance that not all adds will come to aid her. Also be in tank stance, companion as well (disable auto taunting on him). Tank her for 1st part of fight, then taunt with companion and Maul her (and use med pack), that will pull aggro back to you and fight will be mostly over. Also take out adds as soon as they get closer (aka let companion taunt her).

So play smart, it's not that hard fight.

Edit: oh yeah, I was DPS spec at that time ... switched to tanking on Balmorra as DPS is pretty much the same, but survivability is much much higher.

Edited by pEEtrsCZ

This ins't that hard, just takes a little bit of patience. In Beta I cleared it as a Madness Assassin, on live a Lightning Sorc.

In beta I was Bio/Bio/Dip.. so I had access to a Prototype Bio-Enhanced Med Unit, Command Stim. This was post Khem nurf and I never dropped below 60%.

Live I'm synthweaving, so I purchased a couple Bio-Enhanced Med Units and a Command Stim from the GTN, then just healed Khem as a dps'd.

The stuff on the GTN is cheaper then the stim vendors, and is of a higher quality.

Just tried it for the second time following the advice in this thread and it was easy this time, I made sure I let Khem tank as I healed him initially. My problem is I've never played a healer type before so it is difficult to change old habits.

Cheers for the thread OP and thanks for the advice everyone.

well playing sorc its easy even though the "babies" have that group damage up ability so basically if your lightning all the way up you should be able to overload the "babies" so that they are immoble* then kill them off and or use chain lightning and make sure(not sure about assassin) that you keep a dot or dots on the mom so that she or it doesn't stay underground of a long time.

I think the quest difficulty is appropriate, once your past Nar Shaddaa the challenges become more frequent and you can no longer just stride into packs of regs/strongs.

Also make sure You & Khem are geared appropriately. Relics/Implants start becoming available at 20-21

I think the quest difficulty is appropriate, once your past Nar Shaddaa the challenges become more frequent and you can no longer just stride into packs of regs/strongs.

Also make sure You & Khem are geared appropriately. Relics/Implants start becoming available at 20-21

This quest is much harder than it is listed. This is also my biggest problem with this entire game in general. I can see if I am trying a quest rated higher than my level and I am defeated time and again. It is only the story line quests that seem to be totally screwed up level wise. Or perhaps after three weeks I had enough of SWTOR and simply don't feel like getting aggrevated anymore.

The mission itself seems appropriately challenging, considering the relative ease with which you're able to complete the bulk of your missions. Class missions, to me anyway, should provide a challenge, or even roadblock; until you're at an appropriate level and/or skill set.

I did this at level 23.(too much PVP caused me to overlevel this planet :p) anyway I only died once because I didn't realize it was a boss fight until I started seeing all the adds so of course I died because I wasn't prepared. Second time I used overload whenever I could and took care of the adds mostly and used one healing item and it was dead before it got me. It did kill my pet but fight wasn't too hard.

The mission itself seems appropriately challenging, considering the relative ease with which you're able to complete the bulk of your missions. Class missions, to me anyway, should provide a challenge, or even roadblock; until you're at an appropriate level and/or skill set.

That may be but its not a level 19 quest, as it is listed. If this was truely a level 19 quest that would tell me that my computer or my reflexs are not up to a level to play SWTOR at all, a conclusion I am fastly approaching when I hit a roadblock like this. I know everyone hates comparisons but I soloed a toon to 85 in that other MMO... And I never ever hit a roadblock like this. I don't have the option of just skipping this quest.

Edited by Loniki

That may be but its not a level 19 quest, as it is listed. If this was truely a level 19 quest that would tell me that my computer or my reflexs are not up to a level to play SWTOR at all, a conclusion I am fastly approaching when I hit a roadblock like this. I know everyone hates comparisons but I soloed a toon to 85 in that other MMO... And I never ever hit a roadblock like this. I don't have the option of just skipping this quest.

lmao. the way you put that "to 85" makes me guess you did it after they'd started pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Then again, you'd probably have quit back in the pre BC days.

mebbe go do something else for awhile. an instance or two? some pvp, some space combat dailies. then reread even the first page of this thread and give 'er a try at 20.

ok i had some trouble with this too but i discovered that if i pull her with a stun and run back to the central room with the acid pools i can fight her easily on the rings.

if i had to do it over again i would avoid blowing up the DoT canister on the floor in there to make it even easier.

when she burrows and summons her zerglings they have to make the long run from her chambers and by the time they get there its easy to electrocute her and quickly frag the swarm. with the Dot Bomb in place you can easily smack it and wipe the zergs while keeping on with laying a beatdown on the broodmother.

im a 20 sorceror with all healing specced so my dps was kinda lacking so mostly relied on khem and did alot of spamming the heal/bubble keys. i also used a blue crafted medpack when things got a tad hairy my 1st few tries but when i pulled her out of her den i had no need.

I struggled with this one a LOT! Until someone suggested the canister at the bottom of the shaft might be helpful. I cleared the mobs there without blowing the canister, then pulled her all the way back to the shaft. When the first round of adds showed up I blew the canister. They all died immediately and she went very soon after. I had almost no damage and Khem had more than half his health still. I did this with a lvl20 assassin. Probably would have worked just as well at 19. :D