New WZ type

dibert

Hey everyone I had an idea for a WZ that i thought would be pretty cool. I had the idea of implementing a type of gladiatorial arena. Each player would have to wager credits on the outcome of the fight. Then they will be matched up for a one on one battle consisting of 3 rounds. The winner after 3 rounds would take home the pot. Would yall like to see something like this?

Well the pubs would just have to step their game up. I think it would really draw people to pvp. It would also give people some serious barging rights if they could post how many gladiator matches they have won. It i have never seen anything like this in any mmo. I think it would be a great pvp boost.

While they don't have it in this game they do have something similar without the gambling aspect in the Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures game. They pit single online players against other online players. It's a really cool aspect that I enjoyed in that game and would love to see in this game. They could introduce a new tier of gear so that it was even across the board and a new valor system. Maybe not overhaul it but add some features to it that would make it worth doing and give out added bonuses for pvp.

Edit: There would definitely need to be a limit or cap to how much people could wager though. It would be no fun it top tiered War Hero Elites posted a million credits each wager.

Edited by VigDiath

Honestly, I'd take anything that doesn't devolve into: Ranged AoE spam an intractable area; ride spammed ability to victory.

Seriously, once you cap a node you just let your inquisitors/sages/hunters/troopers spam the heck out of it until time expires. That's usually how the games are won now. Whichever team can continually disrupt interactions with effortless AoE spamming.

Except Huttball. That's Dash & Push/Pull your way to victory.

Too many Warzones with blatant ability advantages for certain classes.

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

Seriously, once you cap a node you just let your inquisitors/sages/hunters/troopers spam the heck out of it until time expires. That's usually how the games are won now. Whichever team can continually disrupt interactions with effortless AoE spamming.

So what you hate is good strategy?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you're a Sentinel or Marauder?

Well play a few games as a ranged AoE like a Merc/Commando or DPS sorc/sage then come back and tell us which of our few beneficial abilities you want to take away.

Edited by Kerensk

So what you hate is good strategy?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you're a Sentinel or Marauder?

Well play a few games as a ranged AoE like a Merc/Commando or DPS sorc/sage then come back and tell us which of our few beneficial abilities you want to take away.

lmao. I never said to remove the abilities. I said it's shameful that certain Warzones cater too much to certain abilities.

Second, continually using the same ability is indeed a strategy, but it's not exactly tactical. It's like mashing "Low Kick" in a fighter game. Sure you can beat someone down with that strategy, but you're still just mashing the "b" button repeatedly the whole match.

Third, I rolled a Trooper pre 1.2 and it was one of the easiest medal farming experiences I've ever encountered. Paint an area with your target marker, sit back and reap the rewards; all while playing towards the objective by preventing caps. It's low risk/ high reward playstyle.

I'm just saying, I know for a fact (by your tone) you'd be the first person complaining if there was a Warzone that catered to Warrior Smash. Like if you had to protect an object from attack, and Warriors could just spam Smash for instant victory.

Edited by QuietGoneJinn