The Super Secret Space Project is revealed... or at least teased!

jasoneth

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks promising, but still wish that they could have advanced the technology so that we could have space missions like the games: x-wing, tie fighter, and x-wing vs. tie fighter. Oh, they do have the tech seeing how those were the best lucas arts games ever, and that was from about 20 years ago. A boy can only dream though.

I never thought I'd live to see the day.. Just when I saw the YouTube link I went to grab a snack to get comfortable.

All my months of hoping, praying, begging, sacrificing, and bargaining has finally come true.

BioWare... Thank you. :)

This is my concern. However that to me looked like some kind of PVP scenario with generic ships.

Hopefully its part of something a lot bigger :)

rumors are its a pvp scenario with the choice of 3 types of ships, heavy, medium and light. I suspect that means it will be pvp dog fights set up like battlefront with bombers and fighters, hopefully there will be objectives on the capital ships you need to bomb while dog fighting players :D

this is all speculation but that's my 2 cents

Edited by Vis-Tecum

I wouldn't honestly get your hopes up too high people. Look at the rest of this game, and how its "Progressed". Mostly due to this terrible now bastardized pre-alpha game engine that can't support ground PvP, much less aerial PvP.

Just a word to the wise, from someone who has been burned for the last time with the "awesome pvp centric update in 2.4 I waited 4-5 months for"

rumors are its a pvp scenario with the choice of 3 types of ships, heavy, medium and light. I suspect that means it will be pvp dog fights set up like battlefront with bombers and fighters, hopefully there will be objectives on the capital ships you need to bomb while dog fighting players :D

Okay, that sound actually cool. Stil it would be somewhat a bummer not to use your own ship.

Edited by Drudenfusz

I wouldn't honestly get your hopes up too high people. Look at the rest of this game, and how its "Progressed". Mostly due to this terrible now bastardized pre-alpha game engine that can't support ground PvP, much less aerial PvP.

Just a word to the wise, from someone who has been burned for the last time with the "awesome pvp centric update in 2.4 I waited 4-5 months for"

That's just your opinion of course. There are people that are quite happy with 2.4 and there will be a lot of people happy with SSSP. Even its implementation into the game = awesome carrots.

this is all speculation but that's my 2 cents

that fits with a rumor I Heard about where BW was looking at going with this

I just hope it means codex entries for more ships

Edited by BrianDavion

It looks like Battlefront 2 :) if so I'm gonna fist-bump for ever ^^ people walking into this expecting EVE or SWG-style space combat are going to be pissed - this game is NOT a sandbox, it's an instanced themepark... there's not going to be any 'open space'... it looks like they've taken space off the rails, given us an archive of ships to choose from and are going to let us have areas we can fight each other or waves of enemies in ala battlefront 2

Which should be STEEPED in awesome IMO

It looks like Battlefront 2 :) if so I'm gonna fist-bump for ever ^^ people walking into this expecting EVE or SWG-style space combat are going to be pissed - this game is NOT a sandbox, it's an instanced themepark... there's not going to be any 'open space'... it looks like they've taken space off the rails, given us an archive of ships to choose from and are going to let us have areas we can fight each other or waves of enemies in ala battlefront 2

Which should be STEEPED in awesome IMO

I don't mind if its instanced as long as its multiplayer.