Star Wars v Mass Effect

Midasear

I'm curious. I see preposterous threads for Klingons v Sith, Jedi v Superman, Middle Earth V Star Wars, WOW v SWTOR, etc....

How come, despite the forums being hosted by Bioware itself, I never see Mass Effect v Star Wars threads? The possibilities are there & potentially endless:

Mass Effect v Star Wars.

Commander Shepard v. Revan v. Captain Picard

Sith Empire v. Reapers

Jedi v. Spectres v. Sith

The Force v. Biotics

Jedi Council v Citadel Council

Twi'Leks v. Asari

Zabrak v. Turian

Normandy v. Ebon Hawk

Blaster v Lightsaber v Assault Rifle

Why is this overlooked?

Well, I'm not sure how that would go.

I'll be frank-I like Mass Effect better than SWTOR for one reason-Commander Shepard and the rest of the ME galaxy are incredibly in-depth, and your decisions effect that universe far more than SWTOR. After all, in Single Player you beat an area and never have to worry about fighting your way through new enemies.

On the other hand, Star Wars has its own merits. For instance, movies, flying games (X-Wing and Rogue Squadron original are awesome games), etc. You got to give credit where credit is due, after all.

But that's just my opinion on the overall thing.

comparisons are only comparisons. you can compare all you wish, but in the end, its just apples and oranges. Personal taste and experience/perception.. ME is what it is and SWOR is what it is.. they both have stars, spaceships, bad guys, and well, ME has sex.. However, ME being a single player game can have a much deeper storyline. Theres more that can be involved because your not trying to balance everything out for up too two million people at the same time.. SWTOR has included a decision tree, and it does effect your over all character, but being a never ending story line, it cant really have any long term lasting effects as over time you will change.. Shep can be as noble or evil as you want, but in STWOR those concepts are little more than abstract background and player involvement has to take center stage, all because ME has a definite ending, and SW doesnt.. ME ends this year, but you will concievably be playing SWTOR four years from now...

Leave the comparisons where they belong.. in the trash with the basket weavers...

I'm curious. I see preposterous threads for Klingons v Sith, Jedi v Superman, Middle Earth V Star Wars, WOW v SWTOR, etc....

How come, despite the forums being hosted by Bioware itself, I never see Mass Effect v Star Wars threads? The possibilities are there & potentially endless:

Mass Effect v Star Wars.

Sith Empire v. Reapers

Jedi v. Spectres v. Sith

The Force v. Biotics

Twi'Leks v. Asari

Zabrak v. Turian

Normandy v. Ebon Hawk

Why is this overlooked?

You forgot Miranda vs Leia and Liara vs Padme. FAIL.

• 10 months later...

Mass Effect v Star Wars. Star Wars

Commander Shepard v. Revan v. Captain Picard. Shepard

Sith Empire v. Reapers. Empire using the force rip the Reapers in half.

Jedi v. Spectres v. Sith. Jedi or Sith

The Force v. Biotics. force

Jedi Council v Citadel Council. Both are equally ignorant in terms of philosophy and politics, but in a fight the Jedi Council.

Twi'Leks v. Asari. Asari

Zabrak v. Turian. I'll go with Turian... I like Garrus.

Normandy v. Ebon Hawk... Normandy as long as Joker and Edi are there.

Blaster v Lightsaber v Assault Rifle. I'd take a lightsaber if I was as awesome as a Jedi or Sith.

You forgot Miranda vs Leia and Liara vs Padme. Leia would beat Miranda and Liara beat Padme.

Mass Effect v Star Wars.

Sith Empire v. Reapers

Jedi v. Spectres v. Sith

The Force v. Biotics

Twi'Leks v. Asari

Zabrak v. Turian

Normandy v. Ebon Hawk

Why is this overlooked?

Because these kind of battle end in flame wars without any winner.

Here i demonstrait:

ME:The reapers can basicly destroy everything.

SWTOR: not true mass effect ships where primative comparing to swtor ships and we got the force we just ram those reapers into eatcher.

ME:No reapers are more advance the anything even you swtor toy ships in fact even human alliance ships are better.

SWTOR: not true you rely on mass relays to get around we use hyperspace.

ME: hyperspace is just as limeted as you need the cordance and it still takes hours mass effect travel is instant between relays.

We could do this for years and still get nowhere.

And this is when we still are trying to make sense.

Mass effect is the better written and more immersive universe. You'd be hard pressed to find the quality and attention to detail in ME1&2 nearly anywhere in the StarWars canon, with 3 only trailing due to it's abysmal ending.

That said, in an actual straight up fight Mass Effect would lose to most everything in Star Wars. Liking someone more, unfortunately, does not make it the more powerful thing. The StarWars universe, in terms of tech, is just more advanced and even discounting the huge armada's of powerful warships Jedis and other force sensitives have become super soldiers, capable of taking down entire squadrons solo.

Mass Effect v Star Wars.

(cut for length)

One of those three people does not belong in this discussion... I just felt the need to point that out.

Because, you know, Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise is from Star Trek.