my own portrait vanished

deathorsemen

i was just doing a heroic then all of a sudden my character portrait just vanished and i have no way of seeing how much health i have left or anything ive re-logged and even reset back to default task bars etc. but hasn't appeared back does anybody know what i might have done or what i can do to get it back

its the player frame that's missing which is my portrait i don't what to do as it won't appear would somebody please help me as i don't want to have to delete my character and start all over agian!! and ive just disabled and re-anabled the player frame and still nothing is visable Edited by deathorsemen

Off the top of my head there are 2 things I can think to try.

1) CTRL + U is the command to reset the user interface. It's a toggle command. So, when you hit it once, it makes your whole user interface go black. When you hit it again, it restores your user interface. It does not set everything to default, though so your UI settings don't actually change from doing that.

2) Maybe your portrait and healthbar (they're tied together) have been hidden or moved. The way to move or enable them is in the advanced user interface screen. I think that screen is one of the buttons in the "options" menu. It's a pretty advanced screen to work through because of how powerful a tool it is (they made it so you can change your user interface a great deal), but if you start from there, you probably will be able to solve your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just happened to me too. On quesh. I have logged out and will go back later to try the ctrl u suggestion. Was totally random. I didnt fiddle with anything in the interface menu. I even checked the interface editor and it shows the two player & target panes. they are both enabled they are just not visible.

• 9 months later...

your portrait and healthbar (they're tied together)

Unrelated to this thread, but this above fact annoys the **** outa me.

I would rather have no portrait for enemy character and in the case it's a mob im targeting a little icon would tell me it's strength type (silver, gold, champ). While at it, I'd remove my own portrait as well. It just feels like uneeded **** that takes up real estate on my screen.

• 6 months later...