Pvp trauma debuff in warzones?

Shikyo

Anyone else notice the pvp trauma debuff in warzones? I just noticed that I get hit with this in warzones. I've always noticed it in duels which sucks but in a warzone?? Frustrating!!

If you don't know, the trauma debuff GREATLY reduces healing sent and received, but not DPS.

So as a healer, I'm nerfed 30% in warzones. I reported it and got the generic, "this issue has been submitted to the dev team. Check the patch notes and forums for updates."

I'm a sorc healer, haven't noticed it on my ops yet but I'd imagine others may have seen this.

Anyone else?

Its basically to make expertise worthwhile to healers.

DPS need expertise to counteract the expertise of other players. At equal expertise no damage is gained or lost... 2 players with identical expertise do equal damage to each other as those same 2 players with no expertise would.

If there was no trauma debuff damage would remain the same (cancelled out by expertise) but healing would increase.

I think there should be a better way to handle it but thats the point behind it that I see.

DPS need expertise to counteract the expertise of other players. At equal expertise no damage is gained or lost... 2 players with identical expertise do equal damage to each other as those same 2 players with no expertise would.

If there was no trauma debuff damage would remain the same (cancelled out by expertise) but healing would increase.

I think there should be a better way to handle it but thats the point behind it that I see.

if that really would be the case - i do now understand how they come to the conclusion that assa/shadow are within a 5% range of thir estimated value ... when a 30% debuff compensates a 11% buff ... :rolleyes:

If this is the case it needs serious tweaking or just remove healing from expertise.

My PVE gear gives my inervate 1720 per tick and my big heal 5400.

My PVP gear gives roughly the same, a little less (minus the debuff)

With the debuff my inervate does 1430 per tick and my big heal does like 4000-4200.

These are crit numbers too so heaven forbid I don't crit.

My PVE gear is mixed columni, 1 part rakata, 1 part black hole.

My pvp gear is mixed war hero and battle master.

Pvp gear gives less base stats to add expertise (base stats also increase healing so from pve to pvp I lose healing to gain it back through expertise)

Also take into consideration that other classes have a debuff they can stack on a healer in pvp to also reduce their healing, plus interrupts, stuns, etc etc and you have a **** tale of don't heal in a warzone lol.

I guess I say reduce the percentage to counter the exact added healing through expertise or adjust the amount of healing expertise gives, or remove healing from expertise and remove the debuff. I don't think it's currently balanced correctly.

PvPers complaining about mortal strike. Ah, that takes me back.

Not talking about player debuffs, talking about pvp trauma debuff that is placed on you as soon as you engage in pvp. It would be added to a player debuff.

Please do not troll I'm asking for honest opinions to figure out if this is a bug or working as intended. Nobody has even complained yet lol. I did state it was frustrating tho.

it is a necessary change to bring healers back down to earth and make them killable.

Without the trauma debuff, I would do 900k-1 million heals every game and never die, while DPS is stuck doing 400-600k

This I don't understand and maybe you can help by supplying some of your numbers experienced on your individual heals as total warzone numbers can inflate and deflate based on the group composition and oposing team skill.

Example: if I don't get focused hard, have a guard, and am going against a team of primarily healers and tanks that never die and never stop hitting my team, I see healing numbers between 500k-700k

Now my average warzone is 300k healing with a guard.

Against another solid premade team average is 150k with 200k+ being lucky as I'm effectively shut down with interrupts, stuns, and anti healing debuffs.

Now that said I don't want to discuss class balance between sorc and ops healing and just the effect of pvp trauma debuff. Supplying the different numbers between your heals in pve and pvp ( without debuff and with) on a individual heal bases will help.

Thanks!

If someone has 20% damage increase, they only have about 15% damage reduction, and 10% healing increase to healing given (not received). This is where the counter for healing is once expertise comes into the picture.

The trauma debuff is there because BioWare decided that in order for healers to be balanced in both PVP and PVE, they needed to be able to put out bigger numbers in PVE.

Edited by Rassuro

Not talking about player debuffs, talking about pvp trauma debuff that is placed on you as soon as you engage in pvp. It would be added to a player debuff.

Please do not troll I'm asking for honest opinions to figure out if this is a bug or working as intended. Nobody has even complained yet lol. I did state it was frustrating tho.

Ah I see. Didn't really read it and thought you were talking about the Trauma debuff that accompanies the armor debuff of a sniper's shatter shot. -20% healing on that for 9 seconds.

This I don't understand and maybe you can help by supplying some of your numbers experienced on your individual heals as total warzone numbers can inflate and deflate based on the group composition and oposing team skill.

Example: if I don't get focused hard, have a guard, and am going against a team of primarily healers and tanks that never die and never stop hitting my team, I see healing numbers between 500k-700k

Now my average warzone is 300k healing with a guard.

Against another solid premade team average is 150k with 200k+ being lucky as I'm effectively shut down with interrupts, stuns, and anti healing debuffs.

Now that said I don't want to discuss class balance between sorc and ops healing and just the effect of pvp trauma debuff. Supplying the different numbers between your heals in pve and pvp ( without debuff and with) on a individual heal bases will help.

Thanks!

I don't understand the issue. The numbers you have given seem very reasonable to me. As a healer you should be able to heal through 1 or possibly 2 to 3 people attacking you (especially with guard and a tank taunting). I could even heal through 2 attackers as a commando with no guard (in dps gear!). What more are you asking for as a healer? You're going to get focused and you're going to die occasionally. This isn't PVE where you're going to run through an op without ever dying or ever having anyone on your team die. You simply can't compare PVE numbers to PVP numbers, everything has been skewed to help try to balance the system. The days of healer god-mode are long gone. :confused:

Anyone else notice the pvp trauma debuff in warzones? I just noticed that I get hit with this in warzones. I've always noticed it in duels which sucks but in a warzone?? Frustrating!!

If you don't know, the trauma debuff GREATLY reduces healing sent and received, but not DPS.

So as a healer, I'm nerfed 30% in warzones. I reported it and got the generic, "this issue has been submitted to the dev team. Check the patch notes and forums for updates."

I'm a sorc healer, haven't noticed it on my ops yet but I'd imagine others may have seen this.

Anyone else?

It's there because healers were designed to be able to heal raid boss damage. Players don't do that much, so healing would be OP w/o that trauma debuff.

No trolling here: trauma debuff is working as intended.

the trauma debuff was put in during beta. this was to bring healing more in line with player health in pvp. as in, healers have to do bigger and better healing in PVE than in PVP, so instead of trying to nerf everything, or come up with some complicated mechanic to give heals different values in pvp and pve, they instead put a flat 20% debuff on healing players who are in combat doing pvp. this is a good thing.

i was a beta tester, before trauma it was almost impossible to kill the other team if they had even 2 healers. even with focus firing, ie all 8 players targeting one person. it was not fun at all. at one point commando medics were so OP because of it that often that would be almost if not all of the enemy team makeup.

trauma is working as intended and is working fine, believe me.:)

I don't understand the issue. The numbers you have given seem very reasonable to me. As a healer you should be able to heal through 1 or possibly 2 to 3 people attacking you (especially with guard and a tank taunting). I could even heal through 2 attackers as a commando with no guard (in dps gear!). What more are you asking for as a healer? You're going to get focused and you're going to die occasionally. This isn't PVE where you're going to run through an op without ever dying or ever having anyone on your team die. You simply can't compare PVE numbers to PVP numbers, everything has been skewed to help try to balance the system. The days of healer god-mode are long gone. :confused:

The real issue for me is competing in ranked warzones on my sorc healer. I'm a competitor at heart and want to perform my best on the class I really enjoy playing! But it's frustrating with so much stacked against you in warzones!

Sorc healers have very little utility and with all but one of our heals requiring you to stay still to use, kiting isnt a very good option. We are too easily shut down. When I noticed the debuff I was like "wow, I get we were bugged at launch and godly but really? This too?" and wondering if it's a bug or intended and if intended why?

I found my answer thanks to all of you that replied, so thank you! I'll add it to my class feedback list!

In a Voidstar match, a typical healer with decent skill will do about 800 HPS, or about 600-800k healing

Without the traums buff, multiply all those numbers those numbers by 1.3, resulting in 1040 HPS and 780-1040k healing.

Since DPS usually does 400-600K, this would mean that healing output would be about 80% higher than DPS output. This means that individual healers will do MUCH more healing than individual DPS.

Bioware wants all DPS classes to be capable of solo-ing a healer. If healing output is almost double dps output for any given class, this means that it is almost impossible to so healers as a DPS, even if you were a PT or Marauder.

So, by having an across-the-board 30% healing debuff in pvp combat, you bring healers in line with all other classes/specs, leading to a more balanced game.

Hopefully this answers your question.

300k healing?

You might want to practice more and work on your gear. In a full-length WZ my teammates and I will never do less than 600k and will break 1 million occasionally

300k healing?

You might want to practice more and work on your gear. In a full-length WZ my teammates and I will never do less than 600k and will break 1 million occasionally

I'm in war hero and BM gear, mostly war hero. To be honest, the highest I've EVER seen on my server for wz healing was 700k. I good game for me is 500k and that is 100% based on if they try and shut me down or not. My average WZ is in the 300k range.

My ops healer, not a problem. My sorc healer is and that's the one I enjoy playing the most.

Either way, this thread has done its job. My questions answered, since the "u bad" posts have started I'll let this thread die.

Thanks again to everyone that answered and helped me out!

300k healing?

:rolleyes: Please tell us more about how great you are and how everyone else sucks and needs to L2P and "work on their gear" . Mmmmkay, thanks again for your epeen post.

Edited by stendarrs
why bother

:rolleyes: Please tell us more about how great you are and how everyone else sucks and needs to L2P and "work on their gear" . Mmmmkay, thanks again for your epeen post.

Not intended to call anybody bad. What that post intended to do was alleviate confusion. If, for example, dps was regularly doing 500k in void star while healing was only doing 300k, one may wonder why the trauma debuff exists.

I am just pointing out the norm. Im am definitely not the only person on my server who gets 600k or

More regularly in a full length game.

I think you can judge by my other posts that I am not trying to flame anybody; I am merely trying to help

Good day.

• 1 month later...

How does make expertise worthwhile for healers ? all i see is an overall loss in heals -17%! in the end healers get nothing from expertise only damage reduction and damage output! this debuff is unfair and needs to be reworked to INCLUDE trauma to damage class as Ive said in other post if I break ur leg u receive trauma u wont move as fast or hit as hard cause u have trauma. so why is it that healing "ONLY" gets affected bye trauma!