PVE exploit when queuing for WZ

Sadishist

Say you're in the middle of a mob that you can't handle while queuing for a WZ and getting beat by them. Then suddenly the join WZ message appears and you join the WZ. After the WZ match, you're back in the middle of the mob unstealthed, but they ignore you. If there's an objective nearby that you need to get, you can get it and they'll ignore you still.

This should be fixed?

Edited by Sadishist

It's not an exploit because you can't MAKE it happen. The queue pops when the queue pops, whether you're dying or winning.

You get over 1 min to join the WZ. Say I want to get that objective that this tough mob is guarding, and you can't activate that objective in combat. I stand near it, wait for WZ queue to open, then I go next to the mob and immediately join the WZ. When WZ over, mob ignores me while I activate the objective.

Would you prefer to be killed by the mob while you are still in loading screen? This feature is in place since the launch so that you won't get camped by enemy players who happened to see you zone into WZ.

If you really make that much effort (i.e Instead of just kill the mob or CC it, you choose to fight the entire WZ just to avoid fighting 1 mob) then sure, why not. Since you go through that much trouble you deserve that objective.

By the way you can still cap objectives in combat as long as you are not taking damage that interrupts the cast bar.

First off, I don't think this is the right thread to be submitting bug/exploit information. That might be in the Customer Service thread. Second, as was previously stated, you probably don't want to be killed by the mob while zoning in, so it was designed that way. Third, there are in fact some mission objectives you cannot get while in a combat state, whether or not you're taking damage. Try doing Lights Out on Belsavis while your companion fights the mobs. That got fixed, because people were suicide running the switches.

Third, there are in fact some mission objectives you cannot get while in a combat state, whether or not you're taking damage. Try doing Lights Out on Belsavis while your companion fights the mobs. That got fixed, because people were suicide running the switches.

Yes, I made this thread with Lights Out in mind.

Yea, it's a thing that happens, but you missed the exploit part.

Suppose you were in open-world PvP on Ilum, back when there were actually daily rewards and stuff....and you just vanished in the middle of getting ganked!! Used to happen all the time.

It's sort of an intractable problem--no point in being able to queue if you can only pop out of combat.