Guild Hunting!

YesterdaysRepeat

Hi there! As the tile of this thread says, I am looking for a guild to join on this server. Specifically, an Rp guild on the republic side. I am a big fan of playing Jedi characters, so any guild that caters to that would be super awesome and amazing.

Honestly, I do actually -play- the game a whole lot in the traditional sense. I don't care too much for flashpoints and raids and the like, though I am willing to do them on occasion, and I rarely -actually- level unless it is to get gear for rp. But I absolutely love and adore rp, and would spend pretty much my whole life doing just that if it was possible.

A little more about me:

* I go by Dean.

* I am FtM transgendered.

*I am actual on the American side of the world, but due to my work schedual, I am on at times that don't work too well with american servers (between 3 and 5 pm CET to 8:30 pm CET or so). Hence my looking for a guild on this side of the world, so to speak.

*I am generally super hyper. Be forewarned.

*I LOVE rp. I don't think I can possibly stress that enough.

*I have a dog named fish.

*I have been rping pretty much constantly for the past 10 years or so on forums. I am something of a newcomer to in game rp, but have been doing that for the past year and a half or so.

*I have been around on this game since day one. Started over on Begeren Colony, and though I love my guild there, I am no longer able to be on when there are other people on due to work.

Things I need in a guild:

* Rp! Lots of Rp!

*Fun people who like conversation.

* A guild with people who are on around the time I can be online.

*Uh...Rp?

Edited by YesterdaysRepeat

Hello there, I'd like to kindly invite you to have a look at Nestinar. We're one of the oldest active guilds on the server (founded on November 11th, 2011), with a distinctive RP background, regular 16man operations and with high standards about who we let into the guild. The pleasant and friendly atmosphere are of utmost importance for us and we have few but strong policies that ensure no tolerance to individuals who for some reason might intentionally disturb other members. In that regard we are LGBT friendly, since you mention it.

You're welcome to visit our website at http://www.nestinar.eu/

Or if you prefer to start the introduction from the first step, here is our recruitment thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533502

Good hunting :)

Certainly. What I meant is that what the guild is about and how we approach it differs from most other Imperial guilds, which I will describe below. As for the RP sessions, they tend to be either organized or sporadic, generally there is RP happening every day with few or more members taking part in it at remote places usually without other players. Additionally, we have prepared and are polishing our own RP system, with rules and features that covers both the forum and in-game. It relies on a Game Master to guide the in-game events and observe the rules, while the forum part will be more individual driven.

The distinction in our RP theme begins with the guild ideology. We are neither a power base, a Sith cult, mercenary organization nor intelligence service. Our purpose is supporting the advancement of the Empire for the good of the Imperial citizens and the people in the galaxy as a whole, for which we believe the Imperial order is the right form of government.

Then again we stand against individual power players within the Empire, Sith Lords who deteriorate it with their erratic quests for influence. Against those who would put the life and well being of imperial citizens at risk, or even sacrifice them for their own advantage. In that regard Nestinar is isolating itself from other organizations (you will hardly see us in multi-guild RP, although we do have allies in the community), which does spread rumors or make some call us snobs.

From the D&D system we are a mix of Lawful Evil, Lawful Neutral and Neutral Good.

As another analogy you can say Cerberus from Mass Effect - minus their terroristic tendencies and unmoral experiments.

The guild chat is OOC and we assume our members to be OOC unless specified otherwise. We do not expect people to use "((" when they talk. All text in /say and /emote, however, either in the open world or inside operations/flashpoints is IC.

I hope that covers some of what you've been wondering about. :)

Edited by Darth_Haderach