What if Disney exerts their will on SWtor thread.....

AhsokaTanorules

• 3 weeks later...

Look at what they did with Marvel. Without Disney, there would be no Avengers Movie, no Thor, and no Iron Man movies. They only simply brought more fame to the series and brought more money into them.

Disney is a good thing.

Get over it.

Google "Star Wars SWEATSHOPS" or "Star Wars CHILD LABOR".

Nothing comes up.

Google "Disney SWEATSHOPS" or "Disney CHILD LABOR".

An endless history of abuse and misery turns up.

Don't get over it. Deal with it.

I'm absolutely ashamed of the entire Star Wars community for not bringing it up.

Edited by HiddenPalm

Google "Star Wars SWEATSHOPS" or "Star Wars CHILD LABOR".

Nothing comes up.

Don't get over it. Deal with it.

I'm absolutely ashamed of the entire Star Wars community for not bringing it up.

We haven't brought it up because we don't believe everyone who works for Disney is guilty of child labour. Its a company, not a person.

Disney can't really the license agreement for Bioware/EA to use the Star Wars universe was well before the deal so Disney has to honor it till the license agreement ends.

Well without knowing the details of the SW:TOR License I can't say for certain but during development and since there has been alot of talk about work done with the team at Lucasarts and I know that most SW licensing has caveats that lucasarts/film get approval on storyline so pretty indirectly Disney will have input. On the other hand Disney has been pretty clear that lucasarts is a fringe benefit to lucasfilm and really to the star wars franchise. They want to make star wars movies TV shows and lots of merchandising not meddle with a game they have neither investment in nor profits from.

Now if Bioware goes off the rails or EA starts trying to muscle in and screw with SW canon in a way they don;t like you better believe Disney will step in but that honestly would be a good thing. For whatever faults Disney may have you can not deny that they carefully curate their IPs to ensure their continued success in their respective areas.

Honestly given recent history at Disney my biggest concern is that the next star wars movies are going to make me weep like a child.

Edited by angrydurf

I have seen enough people on this forum post about how Skadge's intro on Belsavis was traumatizing enough and reminded them of some sort of "predator".

To put it bluntly, Skadge is the kind of character who seems inclined to engage women in intercourse against their will, likely as a lead-up to murdering them for the lulz.

I do not know anyone who wanted Skadge on their team, and I quite honestly do not know what the writers were thinking.

If you Google "McDonalds cancer" (which I did because I wanted to support McDonald's Sweden's donation drive to fund cancer research) you get "An endless series of TOTALLY REALZ PROOF that McDonalds CAUSES TEH CANCERS".

Don't believe everything you read, buddy.

Edited by HellbirdIV

To put it bluntly, Skadge is the kind of character who seems inclined to engage women in intercourse against their will, likely as a lead-up to murdering them for the lulz.

I do not know anyone who wanted Skadge on their team, and I quite honestly do not know what the writers were thinking.

I was the total opposite. I wanted my BH to have a team of total bad asses for his crew and I ended up being disappointed in all of them to some degree except Skadge. Mako is too whiny. Torian is too pretty boy. A squeaky runt Jawa? No thank you. Gault is evil but ultimately a coward so not good enough.

Anyway this is for another thread :-)

That's like saying that Mickey Mouse will be in the next Marvel Comic... No.

Regardless to what you believe Disney is, they're not a stupid company. Infact, they're one the most successful in the world. They know better than to invest 4.01 Billion dollars into a project and then crash it into the ground and ruin the series completely.

Look at what they did with Marvel. Without Disney, there would be no Avengers Movie, no Thor, and no Iron Man movies. They only simply brought more fame to the series and brought more money into them.

Disney is a good thing.

Get over it.

iron man was made before disney bought marvel out, also avengers and thor was in the works as well before disney bought marvel. IM3 will be the 1st disney did after they bought marvel

I don't see how Disney could do more damage than George Lucas already has, the prequel were style over substance, and the Toon Wars were dire, apart from the ocassional decent character. I mean how could Anakin Skywalker have a Padawan, at that point he was a Padawan himself, in fact I don't think he ever passed his Jedi tests.

Personally, MY problem with Skadge is that he invited himself along with absolutely no build up. I barely said two words to the guy, he lacked in any defining personality (I was HOPING he'd be like the dumb Houk early on in the Warrior's story, that guy was funny), but we go through the Belsavis arc, and he's all, "Well, I'm on your crew now," and while I knew ahead of time he WOULD be a companion, his inclusion was the most poorly thought out I'd encountered before or since, and that INCLUDES worthless little Ashara, and there was no point in the whole exchange that explained WHY he would be a companion.

Edited by Darth_Vicente

I don't see how Disney could do more damage than George Lucas already has, the prequel were style over substance, and the Toon Wars were dire, apart from the ocassional decent character. I mean how could Anakin Skywalker have a Padawan, at that point he was a Padawan himself, in fact I don't think he ever passed his Jedi tests.

I believe Anakin became a Jedi Knight in the Clone Wars, although there might be more than one story about exactly how and when he was promoted in the EU.

Edited by OldVengeance