Veteran MMORPG player just chilling and living life

DoubleSwords

Its pretty amusing reading the whining and panicking on these boards. You could view page one, then turn to page two, and see the same posts because they are flying by so fast.

I've played more MMORPGs for so many years that its just another normal launch to me. Bioware even let some folks in sooner than expected, and staggered them so that you don't have two hundred people camping the same quest area. Of course, the herd still finds cause to panic and stampede.

I'll just keep chilling. Will check the forums later, moving no faster than a "mosey". I don't expect to get in today anyways.

Life goes by, and its a nice day. Will not waste too much of it waiting. BTW, those folks who are still waiting to get in...go get your food and rest in before the gates open and you try to play a marathon. A day or two difference doesn't really matter.

:)

Its pretty amusing reading the whining and panicking on these boards. You could view page one, then turn to page two, and see the same posts because they are flying by so fast.

I've played more MMORPGs for so many years that its just another normal launch to me. Bioware even let some folks in sooner than expected, and staggered them so that you don't have two hundred people camping the same quest area. Of course, the herd still finds cause to panic and stampede.

I'll just keep chilling. Will check the forums later, moving no faster than a "mosey". I don't expect to get in today anyways.

Life goes by, and its a nice day. Will not waste too much of it waiting. BTW, those folks who are still waiting to get in...go get your food and rest in before the gates open and you try to play a marathon. A day or two difference doesn't really matter.

This ^. Considering it's the 13th people have no right to ***** and moan about not getting in.

The Force is strong with this one...

I'm messing around on the forums a bit and playing Skyrim.

I didn't pre-order until September 21st. Before they added the two extra days I didn't expect to get early access until the 16th. Now I'd guess I'll get early access the 15th or 16th.

Only thing that really get me down is I use common names for my characters, so I'd like to save the names. Playing wise, I could wait to the 20th, there is no rush.

I'm messing around on the forums a bit and playing Skyrim.

I didn't pre-order until September 21st. Before they added the two extra days I didn't expect to get early access until the 16th. Now I'd guess I'll get early access the 15th or 16th.

Only thing that really get me down is I use common names for my characters, so I'd like to save the names. Playing wise, I could wait to the 20th, there is no rush.

remember they are adding in new servers each day so just pick a new server and problem solved on names.

and force your friends to move to your server hehe.

Well said, this is definetly the way to handle such a big launch. Couldn't care less if I get in one or five days early for a game I'm likely going to play for years. The important thing is that the launch is smooth. People need to remember the staggered launch is for the benefit of us, the players, not something done out of spite.

remember they are adding in new servers each day so just pick a new server and problem solved on names.

and force your friends to move to your server hehe.

I'd do that, but I'm in the pre-launch guild problem. My guild of 50 people was already assigned to the Vulkar Highway server. If not for that, it's good advice. :)

Not sure if we will stay on the server. Right now the guild search for that server is a bit bleak in terms of competition. Imperial guilds outnumber Republic guilds about 5 to 1. Most of the Imperial guilds have 30+ members and there are at least 10 with 50, only 1 Republic guild has more than 30.

We want a server with competition, underdog all the way. :)

I'm actually sitting here giggling while reading people having psychotic breaks because they didn't get instant gratification. Reading all those posts that the McGeneration is making while foaming at the mouth because they pre-ordered this morning and can't play is making my heart warm... it's like watching world's stupidest people and laughing because you know you would never do that kind of thing.

Personally, I have downloaded all the extra music on the facebook page (they released the rest of it, by the way). And yes, I actually spelled out "downloaded" and "by the way." It's because I'm not a lazy frak and actually take pride in the 22 years of education I have (two more years until I am Doctor Volund Starfire :jawa_biggrin:).

Yes, I am waiting for the game. Yes, I will admit to being a little twitchy while waiting, because it is such a good game. However, I am not going to threaten to quit, threaten to cancel my pre-order, threaten to blow up a dev's dog, or any of that other stuff. Want to know why?

I am mature. The Army taught me that patience is a virtue. Actually, they taught me to hurry up and wait, but that's the same thing, right? I know that I will be able to play the game. I know that the devs are doing what they can. So, why should I make an empty threat like the McGeneration because I feel entitled?

I am no more entitled to play this game than McJohn who is still living in his parent's basement and wants some Twi'lek lovin' right now! I worked hard to earn the money I used to buy the pre-order and worked hard beta testing to make the game better. The devs are working hard to provide me the opportunity (sorry for any McGeneration reading such a large word) to play their game. Even then, it's up to them whether I play or not.

In the end, I'll just sit here at my computer, checking the launcher every fifteen minutes or so, and laugh at all the McMonkeys flinging poo around the boards believing it will get them into beta faster. Wouldn't it be funny, if the devs actually put them back to a later queue every time they posted a McThread?

That would make me laugh.

Edited by Volund_Starfire

/highfive

This is the first post I've read all day that didn't make me want to scream at my monitor.

I love you.

Awwww, if I was only young and single again. ;)

Wife got me involved with MMORPGs when she bought me EQ a few months after marriage. Glad she joined me in several MMORPGs, cause that could have been a marriage-ender otherwise, and has for some people.

Fun when your spouse shares your hobbies.

Glad I finally re-found my post. It got sucked under to page 8 right away! lol.

My server was down for three days at the WoW launch (Khadgar represent).

Kids don't know what anger truly feels like.

*packs another lip of grizzly LC*

..and do you think anyone remembers the first players to reach max level, or get the first epic internet wizard hat? I'll let you figure that out yourself.

I'm actually sitting here giggling while reading people having psychotic breaks because they didn't get instant gratification. Reading all those posts that the McGeneration is making while foaming at the mouth because they pre-ordered this morning and can't play is making my heart warm... it's like watching world's stupidest people and laughing because you know you would never do that kind of thing.

Personally, I have downloaded all the extra music on the facebook page (they released the rest of it, by the way). And yes, I actually spelled out "downloaded" and "by the way." It's because I'm not a lazy frak and actually take pride in the 22 years of education I have (two more years until I am Doctor Volund Starfire :jawa_biggrin:).

Yes, I am waiting for the game. Yes, I will admit to being a little twitchy while waiting, because it is such a good game. However, I am not going to threaten to quit, threaten to cancel my pre-order, threaten to blow up a dev's dog, or any of that other stuff. Want to know why?

I am mature. The Army taught me that patience is a virtue. Actually, they taught me to hurry up and wait, but that's the same thing, right? I know that I will be able to play the game. I know that the devs are doing what they can. So, why should I make an empty threat like the McGeneration because I feel entitled?

I am no more entitled to play this game than McJohn who is still living in his parent's basement and wants some Twi'lek lovin' right now! I worked hard to earn the money I used to buy the pre-order and worked hard beta testing to make the game better. The devs are working hard to provide me the opportunity (sorry for any McGeneration reading such a large word) to play their game. Even then, it's up to them whether I play or not.

In the end, I'll just sit here at my computer, checking the launcher every fifteen minutes or so, and laugh at all the McMonkeys flinging poo around the boards believing it will get them into beta faster. Wouldn't it be funny, if the devs actually put them back to a later queue every time they posted a McThread?

That would make me laugh.

Agreed, and well said.

I also noted the earlier reference someone made about playing Skyrim while waiting. That's what I'd love to be doing right now. Pity I put it on my birthday list, no one got it for me then, and likely I'm getting it for Christmas instead so I have to be patient and wait.

Including all the other nice games that came out this Fall, it seems like a deluge of new toys all shoved too closely together.