Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Much prefer this, have rolled an alt on Dalborra and frankly would not be happy to be moved there. Never realised saying 'Greetings Padawans' on Tython would somehow be offensive :confused:

it isn't, they just don't know SW lore and thought you were calling them something bad.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much prefer this, have rolled an alt on Dalborra and frankly would not be happy to be moved there. Never realised saying 'Greetings Padawans' on Tython would somehow be offensive :confused:

nah, make them come to us :)

MDN is do much better apart from the pop. All the people dont mid a little thrash talking. Adds to the fun imo.

it isn't, they just don't know SW lore and thought you were calling them something bad.

Perhaps offensive was the wrong term... lets just say the response I received was something along the lines of 'go away you dirty filthy RPer'

Anyone else see this in the Blog about the state of the Game

Topic #3: Oceanic populations. Are we doing anything about them?

Answer: We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.

OK, that is it for now. Please keep your comments and questions coming and I will try to answer the biggest, unresolved questions in these “State-of-the-Game” posts. I want to thank you all for the opportunity to be involved with such an amazing game like Star Wars: The Old Republic. I will do everything in my power to take care of the game, and help guide it to a great future.

At least its something......even though its a little late in coming :)

To be honest I'm surprised how many people have voted to have free transfers away from the APAC servers rather than have them merged. You realise that if the servers were merged we would have a higher population than any of the US servers? Why would you want to transfer to a US server with 200 latency instead of keeping APAC around with <30ms?

Oh, lord, with the current bugs in play?

What are they thinking?

apparently its their last hand,,they might as well play it

but yes,,even as a F2P game with lightsabers,,its still wanting,,A LOT

but lets see,,those lockboxes seems to have went well in STO,,maybe it will happen here too

So there it is guys, next thursday is F2P, get the word out and maybe, hopefully, we can lift the numbers just a bit.

I couldn't deceive any of my friends and tell them it would be a good idea to play on an APAC server, not after complaining here for the last few months XD

I couldn't deceive any of my friends and tell them it would be a good idea to play on an APAC server, not after complaining here for the last few months XD

Deceiving? Are you daft? It's the best idea for the current moment, building up population is better than abandoning the servers completely. If you're just going to be a stick in the mud, then seriously, **** off.

Deceiving? Are you daft? It's the best idea for the current moment, building up population is better than abandoning the servers completely. If you're just going to be a stick in the mud, then seriously, **** off.

As opposed to sticking them in a server where the Q times are beyond ridiculous?

I've basically told people that are interested to answer this.

Would you prefer a ~200+ ping, but a guarantee to ALWAYS be able to PvP (or other content), or would you prefer <50 ping, with possible 30+ minute wait times to PVP (or other content)?

Thats really what new APAC players need to ask themselves.

As opposed to sticking them in a server where the Q times are beyond ridiculous?

Because people are *********** idiots, it's that base.

Look, if people go to the server, that means there'll be people there, right? Instead, people just want to go to the US server instead of sticking together as a community. No wonder APAC is falling apart, majority are just whiners who won't do anything to fix the problem and would rather bail. Pathetic.

Because people are *********** idiots, it's that base.

Look, if people go to the server, that means there'll be people there, right? Instead, people just want to go to the US server instead of sticking together as a community. No wonder APAC is falling apart, majority are just whiners who won't do anything to fix the problem and would rather bail. Pathetic.

And how do you propose we fix the problem? Re roll to Dalborra? Not happening. I have 8 50's, legacy 50, SO SO many things unlocked. There is no way in hell I would re roll to a server nearly as dead as my own.

The best thing we can do right now, and it is disgusting, is to get as many people as possible to avoid the APAC servers like it is the black death, so that when Bioware does it's re-evaluation of the servers, and sees that F2P hasn't helped, they will merge the servers, and then everyone can get their transfers.

Edited by scullzomben

The best thing we can do right now, and it is disgusting, is to get as many people as possible to avoid the APAC servers like it is the black death, so that when Bioware does it's re-evaluation of the servers, and sees that F2P hasn't helped, they will merge the servers, and then everyone can get their transfers.

they would close the servers if that were to happen. Best bet is to try and get all APAC f2pers to go on one server, forcing them to merge to that one server and closing the other two (with a choice of transfers to NA/EU servers for those who want to)

Edited by Jarlgon

they would close the servers if that were to happen. Best bet is to try and get all APAC f2pers to go on one server, forcing them to merge to that one server and closing the other two (with a choice of transfers to NA/EU servers for those who want to)

This. Bioware has to pay for those servers, if you force people to not play on those servers, then Bioware will simply see it as a way to ease their payload, closing the servers for good and forcing everyone in APAC to play on US servers.

This. Bioware has to pay for those servers, if you force people to not play on those servers, then Bioware will simply see it as a way to ease their payload, closing the servers for good and forcing everyone in APAC to play on US servers.

You honestly think that?

There is still at least 70 per faction online on MDN of a night. With obviously Dalborra and Gav being higher, do you really think they would just shut down ALL three of the APAC servers, and ship those 400+ people back to US, when a single server would be a much better solution.

I've basically told people that are interested to answer this.

Would you prefer a ~200+ ping, but a guarantee to ALWAYS be able to PvP (or other content), or would you prefer <50 ping, with possible 30+ minute wait times to PVP (or other content)?

Thats really what new APAC players need to ask themselves.

Your missing the point, more ppl = shorter queues. So everyone should recommend new ppl to use the APAC servers. It's use them or lose them basically!

You honestly think that?

There is still at least 70 per faction online on MDN of a night. With obviously Dalborra and Gav being higher, do you really think they would just shut down ALL three of the APAC servers, and ship those 400+ people back to US, when a single server would be a much better solution.

it would be, but with the way the way you want the f2pers to go will make Bioware choose the easier solution (closing APAC servers altogether). Even if we can get around 200 per faction on one server with what he have now, they would see it as too much of a risk to keep them open.

You guys are even more doomsday theorists than I am. Some paranoid parrot **** up in here.

I am not a doomsdayer. I was using logic, which doesn't get used enough, to come up with a more viable way and think like company exec's do.