Cory Butler provides a bit more detail about Dye Modules in 2.1

jasoneth

Cory Butler provided a little more information to OotiniCast about the new Dye Module feature which are coming in Game Update 2.1. The main additions are that they'll be producible by Artifice only, and that they won't be reverse engineerable (something that was suggested in earlier information).

All sounds good! A shame there aren't both primary and secondary Dye Module slots on items, rather than the single slot. Really need to see how it all hangs together! Hopefully we won't be waiting too long. :)

Well more customization and options for making your appearance look more unique can only be a good thing. Doesn't seem to matter what you wear at the moment...there is always someone running past you on the fleet wearing the same thing....whoever makes it I don't mind, as long as we get it in game that is the most important thing :)

• 2 weeks later...
Drat, none of my characters are artifice. Hopefully peeps will try to sell some dyes on the galactic market....and at a reasonable price.

Don't you worry Oak, when the undercut idiots get ramped up on the Dye Modules just like everything else you'll be able to pick them up for a song, a song AND a dance at most. Craziest **** I've ever seen, even worse than WoW...got 60,000 credits in mats to craft an item? No problem, sell it for 9,999 credits because the next highest guy is 10,000 credits! Don't you worry...

Obviously the Devs don't know anything about Crafters or they would've put the Dye in the Armor makers and Biochem to. Artifice has NOTHING to do with how a Dye can be made.

Has nothing to do with logic ... Color dyes are a bone toss to Artifice

Artifice got hit when they made Wieldable items moddable and available from comm vendors, the whole category became pointless ... then got spanked hard when they came out with the packs full of color crystals with stats @ level 10 only available at level 50 crafted, all thats left is enhancements and lightsaber hilts.

Only reason Armorer didn't get killed by CC market is not everyone (IMO) wants to look like a P2W clone :rak_03: