Additional Weapon Stances

Arkeris

I've always wanted to see my character actually take a different stance when using Soresu, Shii-Cho or whichever other form is used in the game. That was my first thought, as I'm currently favoring a tank character. While the normal stance looks fairly defensible, in a Star Wars sense it isn't as exaggerated as it could be to invoke what each stance stands for. The attack stance (I think it's Juyo?) could be like an o-gasami katana stance, while Shii-Cho could jut out a little more like sha no kamae. I'm using Japanese combat stances mainly for my own reference. Western stances could be used to illustrate the same point, but I am not very familiar with them.

Maybe if it were a popular idea, Bioware could implement stances that could replace the character's current weapon-drawn idle animation. These stances would be purely cosmetic, and could be turned on or off like the Sprint skill, limited to having only one stance active at a time. Most likely they would end up in the Cartel Market, but purchasing them from trainers would be convenient.

Star Wars is super exaggerated and the combat styles, while really cool in a sci-fi context, are unnecessarily specific IRL, which in my opinion would make it easy to find real life stances to draw inspiration from.

I don't think the animation would be terribly difficult, though I figure the main problem would be that each skill animation starts from the current weapon-drawn idle. Even so, I think this could be easily offset by twining the animations together to make them streamline into one another.

Anyways, just a thought I had. I'm sure it's been thought of by someone before, but I figured I'd put it up here to get it out of my head.