Exploit? Flagged for PVP

Elekradel

This may be the wrong area to ask this question.

I was out PVE'ing with a friend, Republic side, not flagged for PVP at all. Was in the bonus area of Tatooine, a group of Imperials started following us around, and whenever we attacked anything, they would jump in and attack our mobs. In the process of this, somehow my partner and I were flagged for pvp, and the group of Imperials killed us.

I assume this was their intention all along. I'm sure this is an exploit in some way, however, that's not my main concern. My partner, who I level other characters with, suffers from an anxiety disorder, and this caused a bit of a panic attack. I am curious what caused us to be flagged for PVP in that scenario.

Please know that I'm not crying about having been killed, I could care less about dying, I try my best to die several times a day. But this really ruined our night because of the panic issue my partner had. Just want to try my best to make sure it doesn't happen again. Obviously if people start following us around, that means we just walk away for a while. But we may not be given that option.

Thanks for everyone's time.

Edited by Elekradel

They are waiting for you to cast AOE spells and hit them with it, causing you to be flagged.

Just use single target damage only on mobs when those griefers start following you around. Eventually they will realize they are wasting their time and go bother someone else.

Edited by ParagonAX

File an in-game ticket. The Devs have stated that this sort of following-people-trying-to-get-them-flagged falls under the category of harassment, so if you remember the names of those Imps, you should mention that in your ticket.

I hope your friend's doing okay.

So aoe's hit them even if we aren't flagged for PvP? Thanks for that info, I was curious how it happened.

I do have their names saved, but I'm not really looking to get someone in trouble so much. I did right click and report for harassment. Will be more careful with the aoe's going forward if people are following.

Friend is okay, just ruined the rest of the evening for her.

We are pretty new to the game.

Hopefully once I get a better understanding of the game, I'll be in this forum more often as a PvP'er.

My only real point for this post was to make sure it doesn't happen to us (mainly her) again going forward, and now I understand how it works. Thanks so much for that.

AoE's were changed awhile back so that they do not auto flag you upon first attack.

However, if you were using companions, and one of the opposite faction healed, or guarded the NPC you were attacking once that enemy is defeated your companion will auto attack the flagged person thus flagging you.

no aoe damage from a player who is not flagged on a flagged player will cause the unflagged player to become flagged.

I have seen companion aoes flag people.

I had a flagged enemy duel me and i won the duel and it somehow kept me flagged so I killed him right after the duel was over instead of a normal duel where you still live with 1 hp left.

no aoe damage from a player who is not flagged on a flagged player will cause the unflagged player to become flagged.

I have seen companion aoes flag people.

I had a flagged enemy duel me and i won the duel and it somehow kept me flagged so I killed him right after the duel was over instead of a normal duel where you still live with 1 hp left.

Opposing faction players with their PvP flag on show as yellow don't they? I'm guessing the same rules apply as yellow NPCs. So even if you use single target attacks your companion may have their AoE attack enabled andhow yyou've been ganked.

On a PvE server report them. I doubt they'll get anything from an offense or two but if it's constant they may takeaction .

They didn't show up as yellow. I know that people on the same faction show up yellow when they are flagged for PvP, and I assumed that apposing faction would as well. Which is probably why I didn't give it any real thought when they were following us around. Just figured they were being jerks in a PvE manner, which doesn't bother us too much.

Regarding the joining the war zones. The panic attacks aren't something that are easy to get over. I've tried explaining it in the past that if you die it's not much different than if you do in PvE, but it's that extra thing we enjoy about PvP that causes it I think. After seeing how she reacts to it first hand, not something I'd really ever want to put her through.

They didn't show up as yellow. I know that people on the same faction show up yellow when they are flagged for PvP, and I assumed that apposing faction would as well. Which is probably why I didn't give it any real thought when they were following us around. Just figured they were being jerks in a PvE manner, which doesn't bother us too much.

Regarding the joining the war zones. The panic attacks aren't something that are easy to get over. I've tried explaining it in the past that if you die it's not much different than if you do in PvE, but it's that extra thing we enjoy about PvP that causes it I think. After seeing how she reacts to it first hand, not something I'd really ever want to put her through.

If your imperial and not flagged you are BLUE

If your imperial, your allies will be BLUE if not flagged and GREEN if flagged

If your imperial, pubs will be BLUE if not flagged and YELLOW if flagged.

This may be the wrong area to ask this question.

I was out PVE'ing with a friend, Republic side, not flagged for PVP at all. Was in the bonus area of Tatooine, a group of Imperials started following us around, and whenever we attacked anything, they would jump in and attack our mobs. In the process of this, somehow my partner and I were flagged for pvp, and the group of Imperials killed us.

I assume this was their intention all along. I'm sure this is an exploit in some way, however, that's not my main concern. My partner, who I level other characters with, suffers from an anxiety disorder, and this caused a bit of a panic attack. I am curious what caused us to be flagged for PVP in that scenario.

Please know that I'm not crying about having been killed, I could care less about dying, I try my best to die several times a day. But this really ruined our night because of the panic issue my partner had. Just want to try my best to make sure it doesn't happen again. Obviously if people start following us around, that means we just walk away for a while. But we may not be given that option.

Thanks for everyone's time.

I've quickly red all the other post and have not seen the answer to my question. What server are you on? I feel like you are on a pvp server lol