Disappearing Crafting Recipes!

SithKoriandr

Today, I have only a short list of disappearing schematics (did not much crafting anyway) ; so the vanishers ;

General Reinforced Fiber Belt(Purple) and Critical Reinforced Fiber Boots(Blue).

KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE . Cya tomorrow:)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like most of the problem is happening to cybertech as my character who it is happening to is a cybertech. Also, I noticed that it seems to only be happening to people who have switched their crafting profession. I was thinking that wasn't the case at first, but then i remembered that i DID change my profession when i was trying to decide which one to pick.

I had trained synthweaving on my Sith inquisitor and then without even leveling it at all, I had switched to cybertech realizing that between me and my other friend, we didn't have a cybertech. I have not had the problem on any of my other characters and neither has my friend; they have never changed their crafting profession.

DEVS THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE AND WILL LIKELY GET MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE GAME OUT OF IT!!!! Crafting is a major part of the game and if we are unable to do that you will lose lots of people.

This also happened to me. My toon is a lvl 31 cybertech. last night i took some mats from a player to craft skill armoring 26. when i mailed em over to my opposing faction crafting toon, i was shocked to see that ALL of my 26/27 cyber patterns had been unlearned and i had give the player the mats back.

I had this today too! I am using synthweaving. But unlike many of you, I did not switch crafting skills at any time. You can see my proof posted here:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84263385/Disappearingschematic.jpg

(shows a purple Item I created, but the schematic is missing from the list)

Still waiting on Customer Service. I am a full subscriber.

Still waiting on Customer Service.

Good luck.

Today patch went out, so we will need to w8 another 2 weeks to get this fixed. This bug isnt even listed in Known Issue... and now "priority issue" is silly companion bug (witch can be solved by ~8 clicks)... Its like EAware has 3 devs and one works in half-time :/

The list of vanishing schematics in synthweaving is very short today because I'm hesitating to craft a lot, so for today;

Fervor Acolyte Sash(Purple) is no longer present. Sinds I discovered the bug the total until now is still about 15 recipes. On the support forum I received a YELLOW answer telling me the issue is known and it will be patched in ONE OF THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCES. Wow....., because it isn't patched out this time we can expect it to take at least another 2 weeks....so I'm wondering if Bioware and EA are deliberatly ruining this game? When you read the support forum the latest patch adds only a lot more problems to a game that at certain points is already a mess. When this is continuing it will be certainly without me (paying or non-paying)

Edited by Kengas

• Dev Post

We appreciate your reports about this issue, and we are actively researching the problem.

If you are experiencing this issue, please post with the following information:

• What class are you?
  • What is your crew skill?
  • What was the name(s) of the specific schematic(s) that you lost?

While we are working to ensure the fix for an upcoming patch, there isn't a definitive time frame for the fix. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Edited by AmberGreen

Wonder if this is similiar to the issue of learning a purple mission and it not showing up in the mission tab, If i buy another of the same mission it wont let me learn it and says I already know it Happened on my diplomacy 340 lightside mission and several of the lower level ones. Also happened on one underworld mission.

Class: Imperial Agent/Sniper

Crew Skills: Tested with ALL of them, all are broken.

Specific Recipes: Honestly it was so many that I simply couldn't be bothered to write them all down. Essentially it was ANY blue/purple recipe obtained via reverse engineering.

We appreciate your reports about this issue, and we are actively researching the problem.

• What class are you?

While we are working to ensure the fix for an upcoming patch, there isn't a definitive time frame for the fix. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Why isn't this on the known issues list?

I can understand 24 hour delay in verification, but after that shouldn't it be displayed where we all can see what you know about and what you do not?

Why have things like the standing corpses that have been around since launch not been added to the known issues list?

Is there some kinda cut off on the list? must have over 100k people affected or something and if so, is how many so we can try to make sure we completely overwhelm CS with enough tickets to qualify.

I have the exact opposite problem.

On one of my characters, I deleted the Cybertech profession and re-learned it.

As there is currently no way to get rid of individual unwanted recipes, unlearning the complete profession and re-learning only the stuff you need is the only way to clean it up.

But now when I delete the profession and re-learn it, after a relog all my old recipes are back ... and I can't get rid of them.

Please fix this and/or give us an option to delete unwanted recipes. Thanks.

I know this probably won't help much, but I wanted to confirm a case where this did NOT happen.. this post had me concerned so I logged in to check on some schematics I learned yesterday.

Yesterday I read the schematic book for Fortitude Augment 19. Then I proceeded to craft and reverse engineer the blue schematic version and then the purple Advanced Fortitude Augment 19. I logged in today and I still have them.

For what it is worth, it was Armstech, and I've never dropped a crew skill to learn a different one.

For what it is worth, it was Armstech, and I've never dropped a crew skill to learn a different one.

So it dont concern you.

Class: Sith Inqusitor/Assasin

Skill: Picked Slicing, droped it for Synthwaving, then picked Archaeology and Underworld Trading.

Recipes: All from revers engineering and lost some from vendor

• Dev Post
Why isn't this on the known issues list?

I can understand 24 hour delay in verification, but after that shouldn't it be displayed where we all can see what you know about and what you do not?

Why have things like the standing corpses that have been around since launch not been added to the known issues list?

Is there some kinda cut off on the list? must have over 100k people affected or something and if so, is how many so we can try to make sure we completely overwhelm CS with enough tickets to qualify.

These are both great questions! First, every bug that we know about will not make it to the Known Issues, and there are a few reasons why we may not put something on the list right away, even when we know about it:

Exploits.
Even when we know about them, we certainly want to keep players from abusing these bugs before we are able to fix them.

Bugs we are actively investigating but don't have a definitive "who, what, when, where, why" for.
Often, these types of issues will end up in their own thread or post where we are gathering information. To answer your first question, this particular issue is one in this category. Yes, we know that schematics are disappearing for some players after they learn them. However, we are still trying to get more information about the topic, so acknowledging it here and asking for more information is the first step. When we know enough to confidently say what the issue actually is, then it will be added to the Known Issues list, because it effects gameplay.

Performance issues.
Because we will always need to be collecting data from players about anything performance related, these types of issues will generally get their own thread in the Customer Support forums where we can get players to post logs, dxdiags, etc, to help the developers.

It doesn’t affect gameplay enough, and the list needs to be kept to a reasonable size.
This is the reason that the second example you gave is not listed. Generally, this will include bugs with art (floating rock), typos, voice overs, sound effects, and other small things. However, there will always be exceptions to this, especially when the bug is related to combat.

Hopefully this helps you understand how we decide what goes on the Known Issues list, and we are happy that you look to it as a resource!

Edited by AmberGreen

2. Bugs we are actively investigating but don't have a definitive "who, what, when, where, why" for. Often, these types of issues will end up in their own thread or post where we are gathering information. To answer your first question, this particular issue is one in this category. Yes, we know that schematics are disappearing for some players after they learn them. However, we are still trying to get more information about the topic, so acknowledging it here and asking for more information is the first step. When we know enough to confidently say what the issue actually is, then it will be added to the Known Issues list, because it effects gameplay.

Not to be overly critical, but this really makes it sound like by the time an issue is ready for the Known Issues list, it should be getting fixed in the next patch...

I experienced this with a imperial agent. This was a character I created way back, but never really played. I started active playing on the character after the 1.5 patch.

I first acquired synthwaving, then figured out, this was the wrong skill for me. Afterwards I changed to Armormech.

Then I started crafting. The first blue schematics included stealth boots, which disappeared after a short time. I also experienced this with the blue stealth belt schematic.

After that I pretty much stopped crafting.

From what I read here and in other places, it seems that most, if not all characters with this problem changed their crew skill at some point, so this may be related to a change of profession. I did this after the 1.5 patch. Also it seems that only schematics disappear that were reverse engineered.

Hope that helps

Friedi

class: Sith Warrior (Juggernaut)

skill: biochem

names: implants - all of them. All gained form reverse-engineering. Strange is that my reverse-engineered medpacs and stims didn't disappear.

Subscriber. Did change professions, but just after they were available to check them out. No problems for a long time until today.

Hopefully this helps you understand how we decide what goes on the Known Issues list, and we are happy that you look to it as a resource!

Oh, I completely understand how you determine what goes in the list and when.

What boggles my mind is the fact that it's taken, what, 10 days to even acknowledge this? I have tons of schematics on lots of characters. Have I been losing schematics during the past 10 days? I had no idea to even look at it!

An official thread should've been started as soon as a few reports were verified. That thread should've started with exactly the kind of post you posted here which would of course show up in the dev tracker.

Btw, this is why posting these problems in General makes more sense than posting them in the "appropriate" forum (Crew Skills in this case). Visibility is apparently near zero for the devs as well as the playerbase.

I guess I'll need to start taking screenshots of my crafting panel prior to each patch from now on. How tedious.

Edited by Altairien

These are both great questions! First, every bug that we know about will not make it to the Known Issues, and there are a few reasons why we may not put something on the list right away, even when we know about it:

Exploits.
Even when we know about them, we certainly want to keep players from abusing these bugs before we are able to fix them.

Bugs we are actively investigating but don't have a definitive "who, what, when, where, why" for.
Often, these types of issues will end up in their own thread or post where we are gathering information. To answer your first question, this particular issue is one in this category. Yes, we know that schematics are disappearing for some players after they learn them. However, we are still trying to get more information about the topic, so acknowledging it here and asking for more information is the first step. When we know enough to confidently say what the issue actually is, then it will be added to the Known Issues list, because it effects gameplay.

Performance issues.
Because we will always need to be collecting data from players about anything performance related, these types of issues will generally get their own thread in the Customer Support forums where we can get players to post logs, dxdiags, etc, to help the developers.

It doesn’t affect gameplay enough, and the list needs to be kept to a reasonable size.
This is the reason that the second example you gave is not listed. Generally, this will include bugs with art (floating rock), typos, voice overs, sound effects, and other small things. However, there will always be exceptions to this, especially when the bug is related to combat.

This might have been an adequate response five or so years ago. However, this is 2012, and your customer base is used to a knowledge base approach rather than a list. Please create a section of the knowledge base for known issues and relabel the "known issues" as "hot issues" and refer people to the knowledge base for what are truly "known issues."

It will save you and the player base a lot of grief, and retain significant player good will over what you've squandered on this sort of thing in the last year.

You don't need to let us into your scrums or bugtracker, but put *something* in a section of the knowledge base in concert with what you describe above, and you'll save in CSR time, forum heat, and retention.

Respectfully and with great love for the game,

Shava Nerad

30 yrs on the net

former indy game CEO

probably running CSR groups before you were born

still somewhat regretting not getting the game testing/QA position at INFOCOM in '79

• What class are you?

1. Sith Warrior, Juggernaut

2. Picked Slicing, dropped it for Synthweaving.

3. Critical Heavy Thermal Belt

Edited by Koriel

• What class are you?

* Sith-Juggernaut

* Picked Artifice, dropped it for Synthweaving

* Every reverse engineered schematic disapears, no matter what

* Trooper-Commando

* Picked Armormech, dropped it for Armstech

* Every reverse engineered schematic disapears, but strangely 2 blue reverse engineered Barrel-2 Schematics are still in my Schematic list

* Jedi-Sage

* Can't remember which crewskill i dropped, but i chosed now Artifice

* Every reverse engineered schematic disapears

* Scoundrel

* Picked Cybertech, dropped it for Armormech

* Every reverse engineered schematic disapears