Warzone video commentary

frose

Hey guys,

I have been considering posting commentary videos of warzone game play. Let me know if this is something people might be interested in. I made a quick video last night as an example. It is of a normal voidstar match with pretty basic game play. If you are interested in watching these types of videos, let me know if there is anything specific you might want to see.

Link #1 - Voidstar:

Link #2 - Novare Coast:

Edited by frose

Very nice vid I'm learning a lot from just the commentary. Just a couple things I'd like to ask:

1) I notice you don't use dark infusion often at all. I thought that was odd since its your biggest heal?

2) you seem to have the camera zoomed in quite a bit. Do you think if you zoomed your camera out to max (or even further by changing game settings) would benefit your situational awareness?

3) when sticking close to pillars for Los do you have trouble getting Los to other friendlies?

Luc

Hey mate,

1) I don't use Dark Infusion because the cast time is too long. Too often you will be interrupted or your target will die while you are casting it. The long cast time also means it is no good when you are trying to keep up multiple people at a time (pretty much always the case). I have found this to be the case even if you talent to reduce the cast time on it. That being said, in low pressure situations it can be useful as a force efficient heal.

2) Yes, typically I have the camera zoomed out more.

3) I generally have a good awareness of where my teams players are positioned so I don't have too much trouble healing them as I am line of sighting enemy. The important thing to remember is not to line of sight a friendly healer when you are running around a pillar. However, if you are sure you can mitigate the damage by running around the pillar, you might not even need to stay in your friendly healers line of sight, thereby allowing him to heal the rest of the team.

lol midian and boss premade against randoms >< so hard give feedback you're good tho but id like to see a game where you're with pugs against a decent team

lol hardly against randoms, I saw Not Entirely Stable and EWokalypse Now in that WZ. they maybe had 2 pugs.

Not like he's doing this as a demonstration of how awesome he is. He's going through the basics on how to play the class at an effective level. It's up to the individual not to completely panic under pressure. He might eventually do a more advanced one for that kind of stuff but until then I think he's done a great job.

Nice vids Swash. Some good insight into how you play your class. It would be awesome to see a vid on you kiting some heavy hitting melee classes, especially more than one at a time when you get focused with some commentary. This is one area that I still find hard to deal with as a sorc healer. Edited by KrypticSeathe