Archon’s Contraband Pack

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tatile,

We will look into this - in the meantime, can you send me a shot of which details that are missing?

Thank you!

Well, from the looks of the screens in the blog, the female version is missing the trousers (I don't buy packs, so I've not seen it in game), unless of course the Rattataki skin colour is confusing our eyes. See here, where the male version is dressed head-to-toe, but the female version is missing the leggings and the skin of her legs are showing? That can't be intended, you've stopped doing the unnecessary gender differences in armour.

The problems with the Genteel set are well documented, though, and your development should already be aware of this (you fixed it once, adding in all the ornaments and flaps, but then broke it again with a subsequent patch.)

Edited by Tatile

Well, from the looks of the screens in the blog, the female version is missing the trousers (I don't buy packs, so I've not seen it in game), unless of course the Rattataki skin colour is confusing our eyes. See here, where the male version is dressed head-to-toe, but the female version is missing the leggings and the skin of her legs are showing? That can't be intended, you've stopped doing the unnecessary gender differences in armour.

Please don't change it. I rather like the female version looking kind of like a skirt. There aren't really any options for something like that short of the slave outfits. There are already plenty of full pants options. There's nothing wrong with gender differences in armor.

Please don't change it. I rather like the female version looking kind of like a skirt. There aren't really any options for something like that short of the slave outfits. There are already plenty of full pants options. There's nothing wrong with gender differences in armor.

Well, if it's supposed to be a skirt, like the item name says, why does the male version have leggings?

I don't see why we need gender-based differences - all armour and all versions of armour should be available to both of the gender options in this game, there's literally no reason why they should be divided as they are.

At first I wondered if the "leggings" on the male version of the Regal skirt were just the Ratattaki skin color, but though body textures do tend to be darker and grainier looking than the head/neck, it isn't that bad. xD

I prefer the skirt as it is on the female version, and do think it is odd that the male version of the skirt appears to have leggings. It makes no sense. Putting on leggings under a skirt does not make the outfit any more "manly", it simply makes it more modest.

I prefer the skirt as it is on the female version, and do think it is odd that the male version of the skirt appears to have leggings. It makes no sense. Putting on leggings under a skirt does not make the outfit any more "manly", it simply makes it more modest.

It would appear that those at Bioware who design armour, are at odds with many cultures around the world when it comes to manly dress.

SWTOR evidently does not allow kilts. Or any form of dress that would bring the current definition of masculinity into question for the wearer :rolleyes:

So instead of just making chairs in various areas interactive items, you make people buy portable chairs for real money and without even a guarantee of getting the item...

That's just great.

The RP community is forever indebted to you for such an immense contribution to our way of play.

I believe I read that it would have to do with some major, dangerous, recoding.

In fact, a group of players (me included) asked for this chair from the cartel market.

And more importantly...

BIOWARE! Is there any way the Supreme-Mogul's pack can have the recolored Kell Drake pets please? I would buy ENDLESS packs for this!

Well, if it's supposed to be a skirt, like the item name says, why does the male version have leggings?

I don't see why we need gender-based differences - all armour and all versions of armour should be available to both of the gender options in this game, there's literally no reason why they should be divided as they are.

Possibly so it will be used more in game? Not that I'm against the idea, but it could be their reasoning on why to give the males leggings with it.

Let's look back at Light Armor and all the complaints about males not having any pants options, and stuck with, as they put it, a dress.

I recall what seemed on the forums (of City of Heroes) a good amount of request for kilts for males, only to find in game hardly anyone used it.

Of course, as more and more armor styles are introduced, they're likely to see more varied styles in actual play (with a surge on new OMG AWESOME styles at first, then people going to their preferred look). But then, being a pack item, it may not matter.

Possibly so it will be used more in game? Not that I'm against the idea, but it could be their reasoning on why to give the males leggings with it.

Hmm, that is a good point, could be the reason. :) I can't say I've ever seen a single male character in the Handmaiden's skirt though, and it looks pretty much the same style-wise. I'm sure some do wear it, but it doesn't seem at all popular among male characters.

Still, I'm happy that the female version at least doesn't have leggings, it will look much better with the covert feet armor or the slave/dancer sandals. Capris are cute and all but they just never looked right to me with any of the non-boot footwear currently in-game. Which is like 2 pieces, but oh well. xD

I posted this in the bug reports forum, but I thought I should mention it here as well.

The "Cartel Market Certificate" item dropping from the Archon packs do do not stack. I received three or four of them from a set of hypercrate packs, and was surprised to find out they didn't stack. Considering they have a number (1) in the corner, it is safe to assume this is unintended?

Hmm, that is a good point, could be the reason. :) I can't say I've ever seen a single male character in the Handmaiden's skirt though, and it looks pretty much the same style-wise. I'm sure some do wear it, but it doesn't seem at all popular among male characters.

I tried it with the Jumpsuit jacket, but honestly, it would have looked better at mid-thigh rather than knee. Yes, knee is closer to a real kilt, but my Agent has such lovely legs...

Still, I'm happy that the female version at least doesn't have leggings, it will look much better with the covert feet armor or the slave/dancer sandals. Capris are cute and all but they just never looked right to me with any of the non-boot footwear currently in-game. Which is like 2 pieces, but oh well. xD

Been leveling and running around on fleet (can't speak for PvP zones or those who just queue for FPs or what not, in other areas) and I can count on one hand how many times I've seen a male running around in the Handmaiden's leggings.

But to be fair, I recall it being a pretty pricey outfit on GTN (being a rare pack item)

I don't see why all clothing variants for both genders should be the same - both genders aren't visually the same. For me, it's all about having a variety of options and styles. If you want the look of a skirt w/ pants underneath you already have the Last Handmaiden's lower outfit for that. We don't have the look of a skirt-only equipment. Though in fact, if they made the male look be the same skirt-only no pants look as well then I wouldn't have a problem. It's a new look that hasn't been available before, and I'd rather not see it taken away for the sake of "consistency."

Then I can have my Smuggler run around in his kilt, and my Jedi can run around in her skirt! More options is always good.

Why can't we have both, for both genders, because then people can pick and choose?

I'd really like to have the bandaged, hood robe for my Assassin, but because she's a woman she's get an exposed belly and sternum. And I know there are people out there who would want the exposed skin that that top has, but on their male characters.

What I don't understand is why, in 2011 when this game was released and why still in 2013, we still aren't allowed to fully decide what our characters can wear just because someone dictates that there absolutely must be differences in how the genders dress. You're not going to confuse Corso into treating your Smuggler like a woman just because he's wearing a skirt or showing a bit of belly. (Although seeing Corso's misogyny directed toward a male character would be kind of funny.)

Edited by Tatile

I posted this in the bug reports forum, but I thought I should mention it here as well.

The "Cartel Market Certificate" item dropping from the Archon packs do do not stack. I received three or four of them from a set of hypercrate packs, and was surprised to find out they didn't stack. Considering they have a number (1) in the corner, it is safe to assume this is unintended?

FWIW the Cartel Market Certificates in the last set of packs didn't stack either I have 7 of them in 7 separate slots in my inventory.

If it's a bug that they don't stack it's not a new bug.

Why can't we have both, for both genders, because then people can pick and choose?

That would be the ideal choice, but to be honest if that's the price to have my girl character use a skirt without leggings, that the two gender pieces are different than be it.

I just don't want it to be fixed and get leggings for the females too. :(

And if we are at the skirt... is it possible to do some fix so the skirt actually doesn't clip with the chest flaps? I planned to mix it with the new relaxed chest (great for shadow dps) or the Bastila's chest but the flaps are really terrible.

I'd really like to have the bandaged, hood robe for my Assassin, but because she's a woman she's get an exposed belly and sternum. And I know there are people out there who would want the exposed skin that that top has, but on their male characters.

What I don't understand is why, in 2011 when this game was released and why still in 2013, we still aren't allowed to fully decide what our characters can wear just because someone dictates that there absolutely must be differences in how the genders dress. You're not going to confuse Corso into treating your Smuggler like a woman just because he's wearing a skirt or showing a bit of belly. (Although seeing Corso's misogyny directed toward a male character would be kind of funny.)

Same reason you step outside your house and go to the mall and the male selection is less than the female side? It's 2013 after all! :p

Has anyone verified that the male version has leggings in-game? From what I can tell the male model in the picture is just a Ratataki with white legs belying the appearance of stockings.