Maelstrom Prison Flashpoint: CANT MOVE, KEYBOARD WONT WORK

Mscouts

just queued for group finder and went into Maelstrom Prison. As soon as I loaded in, myself and at least one other group member(s) were stuck in place. Our mouses would hover over just like normal, but we couldnt click on anything (save the menu buttons and the chat box)

Tried using the mouse to move, couldnt.

tried using the keyboard to move, couldnt.

Hit enter to type into group chat, couldnt.

Had to click on chat box with mouse to be able to type.

Never saw this bug before.

Just got into another Group Finder for Maelstrom Prison, and this time I got to the shuttle from the fleet, and when I loaded into the FP, the same thing happened. Couldnt move or turn the camera. had to click on the chat window in order to tell the group what was going on... then when I tried to restart, I got kicked from the group by the computer and placed on a 10 cooldown before queueing again!

yeah this has happened to me three times, always in that same flashpoint :(

I wonder if it is kicked in by shortcutting the movie intro?...

I loaded into Maelstrom Prison today and let the intro go the full length... and WAS able to move afterwards....

Thanks for your reports!! We are looking into players becoming frozen when loading into Maelstrom Prison. If you have additional details (the movie intro is an interesting theory that we'll be testing for sure!), please add them here.

I just queued for GF and popped for MP. I let the cut scenes go the full legth... and was able to move once loaded.

two of my group members werent able to move upon loading... and said when I asked them that they did short cut through the cut scenes....

I still have a 10 minute cooldown though since the tank left ....and those arent plentiful enough to have stayed....

Thanks for your reports!! We are looking into players becoming frozen when loading into Maelstrom Prison. If you have additional details (the movie intro is an interesting theory that we'll be testing for sure!), please add them here.

not sure if this is intended or not... but when we try to relog and come back (and that doesnt work) we quit game to reload everything.... only thing is... as soon as we quit game we get auto dropped from group.... (last two times its happened to tanks and they arent exactly a quick replace.)....

not sure if this is intended or not... but when we try to relog and come back (and that doesnt work) we quit game to reload everything.... only thing is... as soon as we quit game we get auto dropped from group.... (last two times its happened to tanks and they arent exactly a quick replace.)....

Try the following:

1) Don't Quit the game.

2) Instead, click on the "Exit Area" button above your minimap (it becomes available once you are inside a flashpoint).

3) Once you appear back where you were, click on the "Group Finder" icon again and then click the "Travel Now" button to be taken back to the flashpoint.

4) Don't shortcut the intro movie and check if the issue is resolved.

If the above works for you, post back here and let us know (and let others in your group that are stuck know as well ;)).

I had this problem but thought it might be because I loaded in from the bugged Czerka daily area. Got in and could do nothing but type in chat.

1. Tried exiting area and returning, result was that I could click on people and do actions but not move forward without clicking guardian leap.

2. Next was forced dc through alt f4 and when i got back in it worked fine.

I have also had this bug happen (at least sounds incredibly similar), but it occurred part of the way through a Lost Island instance rather than maelstrom prison. It was a group with 2 that had not gone it before and we wiped on grav-rak but when we hit the button to return to area start. We were all teleported to where we were meant to go but all 4 of us were unable to use any abilities or move. We were able to use the chat window and I was able to accept scavenging mission rewards (at first I thought it was lag where the game thought we were still dead, but dead people can't accept the items until they rez).

One thing we did notice was the icon for when the ping gets to high and there is a disconnect was showing, although hovering over it showed a ping of 40 ms which varied like it normally does. 2 members of the group were disconnected at the same time. About 5-10 mins later the bug seemed to have resolved itself and we were able to continue.

Hi.

When i join via group finder to the maelstrom prison it's everytime stuck one player after first cutscene. I got stuck 3 times today.....nothing work (/stuck, relog or keybord) only shut down game and start it again. Did anyone else have same problem??

I had the same problem today. The other three in the group (it was a group finder PUG) were fine but my character would not move. I tried to go back to previous location: no good. I logged out and back in: no good. I logged out and logged into a different character: no good.

/stuck killed the character and moved him to the respawn point but did not fix the problem.

I could click in the text window to type, but trying to type straight from the keyboard without clicking first would not work.

Character was a Dirty Fighting Gunslinger level 55 if that's any help. I had a companion and a vanity pet (astromech) out when I clicked the Join button to go to the group. My character was able to run to the shuttle and click. I then spacebarred through the cutscene(s) but was frozen upon appearing in the hanger.

I had the same problem today. The other three in the group (it was a group finder PUG) were fine but my character would not move. I tried to EXIT to go back to previous location: I exited but still could not move. I logged out and back in: no good. I logged out and logged into a different character: no good.

/stuck killed the character and moved him to the respawn point but did not fix the problem.

I could click in the text window to type, but trying to type straight from the keyboard without clicking first would not work.

Character was a Dirty Fighting Gunslinger level 55 if that's any help. I had a companion and a vanity pet (astromech) out when I clicked the Join button to go to the group. My character was able to run to the shuttle and click. I then spacebarred through the cutscene(s) but was frozen upon appearing in the hanger.

I did NOT try to re-enter the FP after I exited and not spacebar through the cutscene, so I don't know if that would have worked or not.

I experienced this problem with Maelstrom Prison SM yesterday on my lvl 35 commando. After using the shuttle, two of us were unable to move (our entire keyboards seemed unresponsive). We tried using stuck after the other two entered combat, but even after returning to medcenter, we still couldn't move. Even exiting the area didn't fix it. Finally, I used Alt+F4 to close the game with out being removed from the group, and things were fine after I logged back in. After that, we were able to do the FP without any further bugs.

Something with the camera since its in the ship or maybe were getting stuck in the ramp of the ship. Move the spawn point.

It's not the spawn point. In my case, the other 3 PUG members, who spawned into the same place, had no trouble moving. Even after I exited to previous, I could not move. Even upon logging out and logging in with another character, I couldn't move.

Had the same issue several times.

Workaround: I pressed Alt+F4 and launched the game again. I was not kicked from the group, reappeared on the exact same spot and was able to move.

My theory that this bug happens when I was trying to move forward during Flashpoint's intro cut scene, by pressing W key or left and right mouse buttons.

Edited by EvgenijM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hey there folks!

First, I've updated this thread title to be more descriptive, as this only happens in one Flashpoint. :)

Secondly, we've confirmed that this issue happens just as reported above: when you use spacebar to skip the opening cinematic for Maelstrom Prison, it puts you into this frozen state that requires a full client restart. Just as others said here, too, allowing the cinematic to play prevents this. The bug's been added to the Known Issues to get more visibility on the workaround. Unfortunately, I don't have a solid time frame on when the fix will be deployed other than that it does not look like we'll be able to get it into Game Update 2.4.1. As more information becomes available, I'll let you know!

Thanks for your reports and patience.

Hey there folks!

First, I've updated this thread title to be more descriptive, as this only happens in one Flashpoint. :)

Secondly, we've confirmed that this issue happens just as reported above: when you use spacebar to skip the opening cinematic for Maelstrom Prison, it puts you into this frozen state that requires a full client restart. Just as others said here, too, allowing the cinematic to play prevents this. The bug's been added to the Known Issues to get more visibility on the workaround. Unfortunately, I don't have a solid time frame on when the fix will be deployed other than that it does not look like we'll be able to get it into Game Update 2.4.1. As more information becomes available, I'll let you know!

Thanks for your reports and patience.

Whoa, hold it right there. This does not only happen in maelstrom. We had multiple deaths on Styrak HM 8man a few nights ago due to this bug. Additional reports have been filed elsewhere in the game.