SWTOR must be in Portuguese

Machine-Elf

You've just successfully described, albeit unknowingly, the Roman Empire.

I'm done arguing semantics. You don't live here so you have no authority to judge our government. I don't give two flips about the Roman Empire. One government's success or failure does not dictate the validity or success of another following a similar model. I'm not saying the USA is completely the shining beacon everyone makes it out to be. The way our forefather's obtained the land we live on and the way we treat the ancestors of the people that lived here before is nothing to be proud of. But even in SWTOR the "Republic" is good, and the "Empire" is bad. This is why people take offense to being called an Empire. If the United States is such a big horrible place that warrants comparison to the Roman Empire, why are so many waiting in line to live here?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done arguing semantics. You don't live here so you have no authority to judge our government. I don't give two flips about the Roman Empire. One government's success or failure does not dictate the validity or success of another following a similar model. I'm not saying the USA is completely the shining beacon everyone makes it out to be. The way our forefather's obtained the land we live on and the way we treat the ancestors of the people that lived here before is nothing to be proud of. But even in SWTOR the "Republic" is good, and the "Empire" is bad. This is why people take offense to being called an Empire. If the United States is such a big horrible place that warrants comparison to the Roman Empire, why are so many waiting in line to live here?

Empires aren't necessarily bad.

I'll stop beating this dead horse, but not without leaving you this link for your inspection, first.

• 3 years later...

While I don't have a problem with them doing various languages, when you tell a company

"SWTOR must" you lose any points/leverage you might have gain if you would have asked politely. I am not sure about you but if someone tells me I must do something, it will become a cold day on Mustafar where the lava freezes before I do it, whereas asking me nicely you have a good chance of getting it done. Same with most company tell them they must do something you have a 0% to -100% chance of them listening.

Do you have any idea how expensive this would be?

Every NPC, every PC (which is 16 VA right there) for the ENTIRE game?

This would never have a ROI. Even if they fudged it and just did it in subtitles, it would still be a lot of work, and would be a mockery of the game.