Keep Cybertech for 1.2 or change?

Reshals

I currently have 400 in Cyber/Scavenge/UT...

I don't use the Cyber hardly at all, I've made myself the 400 Speeder and a couple of the reusable grenades and I've made some Mods/Armoring for alts or lower level guild mates.

But the best Mods/Armoring we can make right now are level 22 from what I have seen, this is NOT as good as the PvP or PvE endgame gear, and with 1.2 allowing people to extract even more armor from items doesn't this hurt Cybertech?

Where is the use of Cybertech? I currently don't use it to make money (Don't really see where the market is, maybe I'm blind) Will we be able to RE the level 23-25 armoring/mods and learn those schematics? I know we'll supposedly be able to sell the speeders but they aren't that great really.

So is there potential in Cybertech I am not using... or should I switch to something I think will be more useful like Armortech. Armortech goes with the 2 other skills I already have and I'll be able to make all those interesting endgame armors with augments and the self made crit crafted stuff....

Basically I am asking for enlightenment on Cybertech ... or should I start working Armortech up as much as possible before 1.2?

Are you absolutely certain that cybertechs can learn schematics for rank 25 armorings/mods?

This. I can't describe how furious I was when I realized those rank 22 artifact mods I worked so hard to get are completely *********** useless to any 50. :mad:

Yeah, too bad, they are only useful to fresh 50... Even thus, a few hours of pvp (HM are even faster) makes them useless too...

Grenades are cool, same for ship parts, but ppl only really care abt mods... I hope they will quickly add module plans in op that are as good as op loots (with rare and expensive components only obtainable through operations for instance).

Edited by EclatDeGivre

Are you absolutely certain that cybertechs can learn schematics for rank 25 armorings/mods?

Any mod that does *not* have a set bonus attached (i.e., currently only the Campaign armor inserts) can be REd. Or at least that is what they have explicitly (not vaguely finally) stated in the last Q&A. So, yes!

Yes but I want proof from someone who has checked this on the PTS. They're pretty clear about mods... not quite so clear about Armorings... unless I missed something (last Q&A I've seen was March 30)

I have columi and rakata gear piling up in my bank and inventory in the hopes that I can quickly learn some recipes for armoring/mods.

I'd also like to know how the bound to slot system is going to work. If I learn the pattern from an armoring I stripped out of a headpiece, is the schematic likewise bound to the head only? I've still got standard 50 epic armorings in my belt/bracers and I'm really hopeful that there's a way to learn rakata/columi level armorings and upgrade them.

Edited by Arzoo

From what I have read only the new sets in 1.2 can be reverse engineered for schematics.

It will tell you when you mouse over that a schematic can be learned and apparently the success chance, though not had a chance to test any of this yet.

I pulled both mods and armorings out of everything I had access to, and checked all the earpieces I could. You cannot RE jack **** for new schematics. Not Exotech or Energized. Not Tionese. Not Columi or Rakata. Not PvP or PvE (it wouldn't even let me RE the recruit earpiece for MATERIALS).

Literally the only thing I saw giving a chance at a new schematic was a black hole earpiece I bought after completing EC (did not acquire any other tier 2 gear).

Apparently when they said you could RE mods/armorings and earpieces they meant ONLY THE NEWEST TIER.

• 4 weeks later...