The End of The Molecular-Stabilizers Market???

GalaxyStrong

With new upper Tiers of end game raiding gear coming in 2.0, will Molecular-Stabilizers still be valuable. I assume were getting new crafting matts when we RE the new item mods and I'm wondering where that leaves stabs.

Also has anyone heard if the new mods will be able to be RE'ed for scemtaics (like BH gear)?

I'm curious what other people's opinions are too.

There's still droid parts, and the one ship part we can make, that require Stabilizers. But with HM FP's and SM Ops dropping Black Hole pieces, it will be a lot easier to get Stabilizers by RE'ing the armorings. I think that most likely, the mats needed for the next tier of gear will replace Stabilizers on the relative value scale, and Stabs will drop to the level of, say, Energy Matrices.

Doing the 3 lvl 50 space missions 7 days a week, in addition to the daily heroic space missions, you can get enough space comms for 3 of the tier 8 crafting mat boxes from the space vendor. That's a potential of 9 stabilizers for roughly 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week, on a single toon.

In addition to all of the other ways to farm stabilizers:

RE'ing warzone gear

OPs drops

RE'ing existing 26 & 27 mods

etc...

I'm honestly suprised the market's lasted this long.

Having "regular" crafted mods higher than 27 will all but finish it off. They'll still be worth SOMETHING, because people will want good gear to level with from 50 - 55. However, fewer people will be farming them so, potentially, they'll be semi-rare still, and therefore still worth a little bit.

(when I looked this morning, there was 46 pages of them on the GTN, the first two pages were priced at around 92k each)

Yeah, the stab market on Harbinger just crashed 50k within 24 hours of the announcement, so people are already freaking out and dumping their stocks... Will make crafting fun for the next few weeks-months before 2.0 (already tons of vicious undercutting of several hundred thousand credits on top tier items). So regardless of what their value would have been, the perception is that they're increasingly worthless. Edited by Mugen_no_Jidai

Well I am not sure what is going to happen. I mean people are still going to need gear leveling from 50-55, so unless you are 100% min/maxed, having stabs/patterns for 61/63 gear is valuable if you have patterns. I mean depending on loot drops to gear toons before you can do level advancement? LOL... especially if it is an alt..

I am waiting until the bottom falls out and I can buy them for nothing, then craft parts in 2.0 and see what happens.

Plus the stab market will now just move. the name will change to exotic element, but the core mat for level 55 gear is just like mole stabs.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Mostly though if the price of them completely tank out the way the Alien Data cubes did, to make the new droid and ship upgrades a viable crafting venue. Compared to their value of a few weeks ago, I expect, that in 2.0, they will become relatively worthless.

75k an T3-M4 (german PvE). But until 2.0 goes live, the market isn't dead. At least some 27 armorings still sell very well on my server. What i also learned on the PTS: The new crafting material (exotic element) can't be earned by reverse engineering enhancements or modifications. I guess that makes mats-farming through pvp less profitable.

75k an T3-M4 (german PvE). What i also learned on the PTS: The new crafting material (exotic element) can't be earned by reverse engineering enhancements or modifications.

I think its a bug because i tested myself by extracting all mods from offhand example and didnt give any exotic elements. Same as with enhancements. But if RE whole offhand by having mod or armoring inside then it gave always exotic element, sometimes 2.

Just bugged and hope it gets reported.

Hopefully the expansion and crew skill cap increase will not make all prior materials totally worthless, but it would not surprise me if it did. That being said, RotHC is NOT of the size and impact of a typical MMO expansion. Furthermore, BioWare has done a decent job of keeping old gear relevant while continuing to add new gear as the end-game content has grown. I do not see RotHC being a total "gear reset" like other MMO expansions sometimes are.

So, there will be a market for molecular stabilizer crafted gear, but the demand will decrease as it should.

I really hope that's a bug (REing doesn't give mats anymore), because that will certainly deincentivize pvp for me. I love to pvp, but it will be farther down the list of things that I need to accomplish in a given play session if this goes live. Edited by Mugen_no_Jidai

I guess in a weeks time or so I'll dump all my 27 armorings in stock on the GTN for like 500k (I expect it will cost somewhere around that), and get some extra profit before the patch hits. Afterwards it will be pretty hard to sell them anyway, so 500k is still better than nothing.

I guess in a weeks time or so I'll dump all my 27 armorings in stock on the GTN for like 500k (I expect it will cost somewhere around that), and get some extra profit before the patch hits. Afterwards it will be pretty hard to sell them anyway, so 500k is still better than nothing.

I'm selling more now then I ever did and making more because I'm moving and selling more at a lower price but isn't that the best way to sell any thing sell more at a lower price and over time you make more .. instead of waiting and holding out for that big sell that may never happen ,, :))) on my server I sell 27 hilt's for 860 or less all most all my mats are free and I crit a lot and all ways sell off my crits ..

Edited by tanktest

I really hope that's a bug (REing doesn't give mats anymore), because that will certainly deincentivize pvp for me. I love to pvp, but it will be farther down the list of things that I need to accomplish in a given play session if this goes live.

REiing still give mats it never was ment not to ,

What is was not suppose to do was give us schematic off other players makes ..

but it was all ways ment to give mats of any kind ...

so don't worry Re still does

what I don't know is does pvp gear still give mats if that's what you mean I have no idea I guess could do some pvp matches till I get enough coms and find out ..

Edited by tanktest

Hopefully the expansion and crew skill cap increase will not make all prior materials totally worthless, but it would not surprise me if it did. That being said, RotHC is NOT of the size and impact of a typical MMO expansion. Furthermore, BioWare has done a decent job of keeping old gear relevant while continuing to add new gear as the end-game content has grown. I do not see RotHC being a total "gear reset" like other MMO expansions sometimes are.

So, there will be a market for molecular stabilizer crafted gear, but the demand will decrease as it should.

Level 50 FPs give black hole gear and iirc, ev/kp nim will give dread guard/hazmat, so one would think they will be worth something but without knowing what kind of drops you get from Makeb while questing, hard to say.

Though it definetely sounds like campaign/dread guard will be leveling gear for 50-55. Probably a heroic 2 on makeb will drop hazmat, lmao

I'm selling more now then I ever did and making more because I'm moving and selling more at a lower price but isn't that the best way to sell any thing sell more at a lower price and over time you make more .. instead of waiting and holding out for that big sell that may never happen ,, :))) on my server I sell 27 hilt's for 860 or less all most all my mats are free and I crit a lot and all ways sell off my crits ..

of course you do, it's the same for me now that prices dropped a LOT. But that's soon gonna change when people realize that as soon as the patch hits the current BiS gear will become pretty much obsolete.

75k an T3-M4 (german PvE). What i also learned on the PTS: The new crafting material (exotic element) can't be earned by reverse engineering enhancements or modifications. I guess that makes mats-farming through pvp less profitable.

That is, unless, you have a synth/armor/cyber. PvP is still going to be the easiest way to get them... Plus Artifice & Cyber still gets the grade 9 mats from RE, whether PvP or PvE.

If you don't have a Cyber and a Slicer, now is the time.

Level 50 FPs give black hole gear and iirc, ev/kp nim will give dread guard/hazmat, so one would think they will be worth something but without knowing what kind of drops you get from Makeb while questing, hard to say.

Though it definetely sounds like campaign/dread guard will be leveling gear for 50-55. Probably a heroic 2 on makeb will drop hazmat, lmao

If BioWare is smart they will only offer item modification stuff (armoring, mod, enhancement and/or shells to put those into) or comms to buy them as quest rewards since the overwhelming majority of players will have mostly modded gear anyway and will not want to swap moddable gear for static gear.

If BioWare is smart they will only offer item modification stuff (armoring, mod, enhancement and/or shells to put those into) or comms to buy them as quest rewards since the overwhelming majority of players will have mostly modded gear anyway and will not want to swap moddable gear for static gear.

yeah from what i've seen on the PTS lvl 61-63 gear will be the new "tionese/ exotech" gear until you get to the new top tier gear.

on another note maybe the molestabs will be needed to make grade 7 augment slots? just a thought

That is, unless, you have a synth/armor/cyber. PvP is still going to be the easiest way to get them... Plus Artifice & Cyber still gets the grade 9 mats from RE, whether PvP or PvE.

If you don't have a Cyber and a Slicer, now is the time.

As i told you, the new exotic element equalizer don't drop by reverse engineering modifications and enhancements, only armorings/hilts/barrels drop the exotic element equalizer. So you get 1-2 of those mats instead of 3-4 which in turn makes pvp less profitable, just as i said.

As i told you, the new exotic element equalizer don't drop by reverse engineering modifications and enhancements, only armorings/hilts/barrels drop the exotic element equalizer. So you get 1-2 of those mats instead of 3-4 which in turn makes pvp less profitable, just as i said.

Less profitable compared to what? In live?

Ok, but the ease of acquisition is not changed so it will still be MORE profitable to go PvP since PvE has to live with the same "nerf" where armoring rewards only supplies the equalizers. Even the new op is only dropping 5 on an 8man.. In the same timeframe of a raid, you are guaranteed around 4 via PvP.