50 PvP - Different Queue For Casual Players?

arunav

So you enjoy obtaining optimized, augmented War Hero gear on more than one character? Seriously?

Is it necessary to insert (bad) sarcasm into an attempt to bring up a legitimate topic?

I've been in two guilds since launch, and most people don't enjoy 50 PvP because of the gear gap that is required to be overcome, not because they don't use keybinds. That is a small sample of the player-base, but I doubt the feeling is uncommon.

Especially in a game that encourages rolling alts and enjoying the different classes' play-styles, it seems silly to have only one "PvP character" because you spent months getting him/her geared properly.

SWTOR should be about having fun, not grinding for gear at a chance to have fun, even at 50.

I don't think the grind is that bad since I have three 50s full WH. But, I think it would be awesome if once you unlock gear on one char, you should be able to purchase them with other chars for credits. At the very least, have the prices be reduced. This should be something only subscribers get.

Getting rid of premades isn't the answer because people enjoy playing with friends, and this is a goddamn MMO and we should all be allowed to play with our friends. Unfortunately, we can't all have 8 ppl on all the time to do RWZs, so instead, BW should just make it so premades get matched with other premades in normal WZs. Edited by Smashbrother

find it funny how people only complain about premades post 50, no one complains about the premades that play in the 10-49 bracket.

I solo queue and enjoy playing against a premade team. Makes me feel better stomping them into the ground. :cool:

find it funny how people only complain about premades post 50, no one complains about the premades that play in the 10-49 bracket.

I solo queue and enjoy playing against a premade team. Makes me feel better stomping them into the ground. :cool:

Pre mades in the pre 50 war zones dont have the huge gear advantages as they tend to have in the post 50 warzones.

In pre 50 any person can craft up purple mods/armor/enhancements/ect and thanks to booster pretty much even the feild on the gear aspect meaning its only a pre made vrs a pug issue. There normally is no gear issue to comppound the issue.

And like when the gear advantage is removed in the post 50 warzones.

Those pre mades running pre 50 and unranked tend to get spanked and exposed for the real players they are.

On a level playing feild, the pre mades running in unranked are nothing to write home about

But truth of matter is its rarely a even playing feild for the PUGs.

They normally have 5-6 players in under battle master gear and mostly not augmented or stat distributed yet.

So the pre mades in the post 50 get their unbalanced encounter that they so desperately desire so they can come here and yammer about L2P and MAKE FRIENDS, and all the other loser sayings they use to feel good about themselves.

Fact is most premades in the under 50 wzs dont have a great winning record (not that they will admit to that ever. To hear them speak they gods gift to all forms of pvp. They are after all their biggest fans, just ask them, they will tell you).

Its a more even playing feild in the pre 50 wz most of time.

And your wrong (or in denial) if you really dont think people complain about the pre mades in pre 50 pvp.

They do, just not as strongly as they do in the post 50 pvp because as I pointed out above, they can even the playing feilds by one visit to the GTN. And on a even playing feild, those that rely on premades NEVER fair to well. Truth be told.

On a level playing feild, the pre mades running in unranked are nothing to write home about

But truth of matter is its rarely a even playing feild for the PUGs.

They normally have 5-6 players in under battle master gear and mostly not augmented or stat distributed yet.

So the pre mades in the post 50 get their unbalanced encounter that they so desperately desire so they can come here and yammer about L2P and MAKE FRIENDS, and all the other loser sayings they use to feel good about themselves.

I'm actually a little shocked at you Kalfear, you're usual more rational and mature in your posts.

The above statement is simply not true, and it's probably the weakest argument solo/pug/casual pvper's use. It is rare that a full PuG team is also full Recruit/BM mix vs. a WH double premade. In the past few days of PuG'ing (to remind myself of the other side) I've been on dozens of teams that were 4/8 PuG's in WH, against both PuG's and premades in Recruit, BM, and WH. My last few matches had at most 2 people with 15k or less HP. I've beaten PuG's and Premades alike, and lost to PuG's and Premades alike. It is simply a false statement.

I do not favor the gear gap. I think it's stupid. I think people should have gear, and they should customize it to suit their play style... but that could be done with one tier of gear, allowing people to choose stacking power vs. crit, aim vs. endurance, etc... All within the same expertise and stat pool.

But I also preach that the grind to being competitive is short. Very short. As in full BM and working your way into WH within a week.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

are people just socially awkward or complete wierdos that cant interact with other human beings?I mean...the whole basement nerd stereotype that stays locked at home is old..but it refers to real life!do we now have "social wierdos" that cant interact even online?!

tip-counseling......psychiatrist..chose one..U NEED IT.

how can this thing go on..l

get an invite (usualy doesnt take more then 10 mins asking)

BAM! you ar ein a premade!now..unless your awkward and you cant comunicate...or you are mentally chalenged to the point that ou cant pvp properly in a game like swtor you will prbably get kicked,(blame it on yourself not premades..)

ALSO...

spam general "LF mroe people for normal WZ premade@

ill give you 5 mins for a full group

BAM! you are in a premade!

Srsly, this is an online MMO..it REQUIRES interaction, and if you have problems with that you should go see a professional...

unless you are bored and passing time people dont generaly prefer to queue solo just because....

all the xcuses for "why i like solo better" are just pooor and sad xcuses..nonsense.

if your a wierdo and socially awkward...then G...T.....F....O...those kind of people give me the creeps and should be banished of the planet..

(sorry for my english...clearly not my language)

are people just socially awkward or complete wierdos that cant interact with other human beings?I mean...the whole basement nerd stereotype that stays locked at home is old..but it refers to real life!do we now have "social wierdos" that cant interact even online?!

tip-counseling......psychiatrist..chose one..U NEED IT.

how can this thing go on..l

get an invite (usualy doesnt take more then 10 mins asking)

BAM! you ar ein a premade!now..unless your awkward and you cant comunicate...or you are mentally chalenged to the point that ou cant pvp properly in a game like swtor you will prbably get kicked,(blame it on yourself not premades..)

ALSO...

spam general "LF mroe people for normal WZ premade@

ill give you 5 mins for a full group

BAM! you are in a premade!

Srsly, this is an online MMO..it REQUIRES interaction, and if you have problems with that you should go see a professional...

unless you are bored and passing time people dont generaly prefer to queue solo just because....

all the xcuses for "why i like solo better" are just pooor and sad xcuses..nonsense.

if your a wierdo and socially awkward...then G...T.....F....O...those kind of people give me the creeps and should be banished of the planet..

(sorry for my english...clearly not my language)

This guy got serious problems with himself...

You need to realize the fact all ppl are D I F F R E N T and therefore find diffrent things fun. And this is a fact you gotta accept since thats how lift is. Therefore we have diffrent options in society aswell. And we ask for more options in this game aswell, since we dont find it fun running in a preamde team. There are ppl who likes to be free and come and go as they like without getting any penalty for that.

Everyone doent like or cant be at the computer several hours in a row without going afk now and then. In a premade team you loose your place in the team if you cant join hour after hour. We want more flexible teammodels where you can come and go as you like.

On top of that it is not medically advicable to not move around and excercice every 40 min by the computer. Medically you should take breaks now and then from the computer gameing and with more flexible team rules this is possible.

• 3 weeks later...
I have an issue with your idea that A) of they let u stay under fifty u can twink, u can make a gear gap as large as the one from recruit to WH, B) if they make gear equal or remove gear grins- you would be playing Guild wars- no need to gear, just get the good gear for free. defeting the point of pvp. I do enjoy the gear grind, it gives u a challange and if u dont want a challange then dont play, The point of pvp is to pit ur skills against any player who is better or worst then u, gear is a large part of this, it affects how gaming and spec works, grind also gives u time to understand gear and adjust as needed.

There are many folks who enjoy the WZs in SWTOR but lose interest when they reach 50. On an alt, for example, because of the tremendous gear grind involved to be on an even playing field, it can be frustrating.

Would it be possible to implement a more casual PvP queue at 50?

For example, one that does not use expertise and has a function to bring various PVE tier gears to approximately the same level, as leveling PvP is done?

The 10-49 experience is so much fun, because there isn't a terrible gear gap to overcome. In order to be even remotely competitive at 50 right now, you need to get full Battlemaster and augment everything, only to have the need to get War Hero and put it into gear you'd actually want to wear (for many classes) and augment this gear. Then comes optimizing War Hero mods and enhancements because the stats are often off, though this isn't necessary to play well.

Who has fun doing this on more than one character?!! Or even one character if the point is to enter a WZ and have a good time competing with other players and winning matches? It takes weeks and, for some, even months of frustrating play to even have a chance at what was available instantly in 10-49.

Another option would be to have a toggle to stop gaining experience while leveling, up to a certain level, best decided by BioWare for balance. This way, you could play 10-49 PvP for as long as you'd like.

I'm new to the PvP forums, so please don't flame this post. I believe it's a legitimate topic for discussion, as the current gear gap is very large between a new recruit and an augmented, optimized War Hero-geared player. It simply isn't fun to progress through more than once, if that.

Yeah, If I didn't already have a geared player I would not ever redo that gear grind from start. The facestomping you have to take in 50 until you get an acceptable semi satisfactory armor set is to much for me.

I am ok building my alt using legacy, but without it, I wouldn't even be playing right now.