***Official PvE Progression V2***

Bombbuster

Hey all, I am very excited for the new content coming out soon. Just a little bit of background information to the dates Taii has listed. The reason <Wrath> won't start raiding until June 23 is that I will not have access to TOR from May 30 to June 21, and since we are such a small guild, there is no feasible way for us to post full guild clears, obviously. I am by no means asking any guild to wait for their own progression, or to restrict their practicing on the PTS/viewing videos. Just a heads up as to why we will have a delayed start on NiM TFB, but I hope we will be back up to full speed for NiM S&V. Good luck to everyone!

P.S. <Wrath> is not using the PTS, so our first attempt on June 23 will be a blind run :rak_03:

Edited by cloudblade

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you aren't too sad, but <Calamitous Intent> will not be participating in any restrictions of PTS content. While we currently have no plans to attempt NiM runs on the PTs in our full raid teams, we see no reason to prohibit individual guildies from experiencing the content if they can find groups for it. Since our main raid group has recently undergone some slight adjustments due to summer schedule changes, we plan to use any resources available to assist us on clears, including videos, guides, and experiences from the PTS.

As a plus, everyone who isn't server first can add "They cheated by using PTS" as an excuse for coming in not-first place. When you inevitably try to rearrange the rankings again Tam, you'll have this to add to your petitions!

And of course, best of luck to UWA on a quick clear when it lands, bring home a win for the server!

obligatory rakata of niceness: :rak_angelic:

As a plus, everyone who isn't server first can add "They cheated by using PTS" as an excuse for coming in not-first place. When you inevitably try to rearrange the rankings again Tam, you'll have this to add to your petitions!

:-) If I was going to use that excuse, I would have already done it. All three of the guilds that got HM S&V before Aisthesis had PTS experience, while Aisthesis didn't even look at story mode before it hit live.

In any case, TfB and S&V are being staggered in their release, so I don't foresee any ordering issues beyond guilds that take a particularly long time to clear TfB and somehow clear S&V first.

I don't get the PTS "controversy" really. It's quite common for MMO devs to test raids in a public environment, internal testing can only go so far versus a playerbase that will run things in ways the Devs did not expect, and ultimately uncover edge cases that lead to bugs not existing.

Even with PTS Dash'rode can be trivialized by positioning, something that if they found in PTS I'm sure would have been fixed. (Literally you can do it with just the active tank gaining stacks, and then dropping them when he tags out with the OT, totally bypassing the entire shield mechanic.)

Additionally it's basically the only chance I have to play a fight before everyone is like "If you want to do this raid go to dulfy and read the guide first." Something I miss sorely from my earlier days of MMO raiding.

I'm on the PTS, sadly my lockouts carried with me and I have to wait till reset to do the new content.

Edited by Battyone

This thread is getting as bad as the PVP threads. Can't we all just get along? Last I checked there were no server firsts and world firsts. I mean not in the measurable validated sense, other than a screenshot and timestamp. WHEEE!

I don't have your guild info. There's a sample on the first page.

That's because there isn't any.

I've refrained from posting in this thread previously because by the letter of the law, we're ineligible (even with our steady lineup of 8, not all 8 are EK tagged).

We really don't get worked up by the guild tag over a raid group member's head. If they want to sport EK, they're welcome to, but we've never requested that they drop their current tag to raid with us.

However, if it makes you happy...

Imperial

<El Kamíno>

Eternity Vault: 5/5 NM 8man (pre-2.0)

Karagga's Palace: 5/5 NM 8man (pre-2.0)

Explosive Conflict: 4/4 SM, HM 8man (pre-2.0)

Terror from Beyond: 5/5 SM, HM 8man

TFB 55: 5/5 SM, HM 8man

S&V: 7/7 SM 8man

Considering that the guild has only 4 full-time members, and about 7 active tagged members (all of whom are in our active raid group, however not necessarily on the character they raid on for any given week, and that may not continue indefinitely), I doubt we'll ever really qualify for this thread, regardless of our progression. Especially as we're not in any particular hurry to drastically change the size of the guild.

Edited by Omophorus

That's because there isn't any.

I've refrained from posting in this thread previously because by the letter of the law, we're ineligible (even with our steady lineup of 8, not all 8 are EK tagged).

We really don't get worked up by the guild tag over a raid group member's head. If they want to sport EK, they're welcome to, but we've never requested that they drop their current tag to raid with us.

Imperial

<El Kamíno>

Eternity Vault: 5/5 NM 8man (pre-2.0)

Karagga's Palace: 5/5 NM 8man (pre-2.0)

Explosive Conflict: 4/4 SM, HM 8man (pre-2.0)

Terror from Beyond: 5/5 SM, HM 8man

TFB 55: 5/5 SM, HM 8man

S&V: 7/7 SM 8man

Considering that the guild has only 4 full-time members, and about 7 active tagged members (all of whom are in our active raid group, however not necessarily on the character they raid on for any given week, and that may not continue indefinitely), I doubt we'll ever really qualify for this thread, regardless of our progression. Especially as we're not in any particular hurry to drastically change the size of the guild.

I still think you meet the requirements. If not, I'll join El Kamino. You guys were gracious enough to let me join your raid teams and I never would have gotten past tfb hm if not for you guys. :)

I'm happy to add your guild to the progression thread and look forward to hearing about your continued success.

The only thing that non-guild boss kills will do is prevent your guild from being ranked above the guilds that are doing all guild kills.

That rule is not intended to punish those who are having fun doing ops with ad hoc groups but, rather, as a reward to the guilds and their officers that are working hard to recruit, train, and retain players, which contributes to the long term health of our MMO.

Edited by Bombbuster

The only thing that non-guild boss kills will do is prevent your guild from being ranked above the guilds that are doing all guild kills.

That rule is not intended to punish those who are having fun doing ops with ad hoc groups but, rather, as a reward to the guilds and their officers that are working hard to recruit, train, and retain players, which contributes to the long term health of our MMO.

While I think that recruiting is difficult and important and should be rewarded, I think this rule pushes back against such recruiting in some subtle ways. For example, Aisthesis has been a bit more stingy than before about taking non-guild people on raids, since we know that we need to get our guild groups geared and investing in outside help is a strict loss during progression season. This coming from a guild which used to run *consistently* with non-guilded raiders, and indeed recruited most of our best current progression team in that fashion. Thus, this restriction has somewhat hurt our recruitment, since it's harder for us to attract/audition progression raiders over the long-term.

There are benefits to having a healthy guild population beyond just supporting the future of the MMO. Aisthesis now has two groups running HM S&V and TfB, which gives us a pretty significant pool of competent and *geared* players for when the nightmare modes drop. This in turn makes scheduling a lot easier and allows us to absorb even long-term fluctuation in our progression team with far less disruption. It's a lot harder to do that in a small guild. Thus, in a sense, active recruitment is its own reward, and doesn't require significant incentive.

With that said, I can see both sides of the issue. Just wanted to report an unintended side-effect that other guilds may have seen.

As for El Kamino, I don't feel like Aisthesis would lose anything by having El Kamino ranked. In fact, I don't think any of us would. The more people pushing content competitively, the better.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I'm happy to add your guild to the progression thread and look forward to hearing about your continued success.

Just as a note, we don't really use "ad hoc" groups, so much as we find 1 group of 8 with a compatible schedule and run together. We will pick up PUGs if a regular member can't make it, but all 5 TFB HM 55 bosses have been killed by our "standard" line up.

We had a slight shuffle of membership with the release of 2.0. One member has been focusing on school (as he should) and another took a new job which alters his play hours and precludes him from running with us (due to the late hour).

Even so, we don't just pick up whoever's on our friends list if we can help it. We have a set group with set members, just not all wearing the EK tags, as that was never a prerequisite, and we didn't want to make our friends choose between us and their other interests.

I doubt we'll be contending for too many server firsts just due to the lateness of our raids, and the fact that we're 8 busy adults with RL conflicts from time to time, but we absolutely like tackling hard content and intend to keep pushing on ahead now that our lineup has resettled.

Edit:

I still think you meet the requirements. If not, I'll join El Kamino. You guys were gracious enough to let me join your raid teams and I never would have gotten past tfb hm if not for you guys. :)

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. I appreciate Luddott's sentiment, and he's been an asset to our group in many ways, but I don't want him to have to decide between his other interests, such as PVP (which takes up a lot more of his time anyway), and whether or not we qualify under "the rules" for progression.

We're killin' bosses, we're gettin' loot. We plan to kill more bosses, harder bosses, and get more loot, better loot.

That's enough, really.

Edited by Omophorus

Anger Management has killed Dreadtooth 10stacks (which is still lvl 50) . We have also killed Dreadfull Entity, the secret boss on 16man HM TfB. That boss is tuned to lvl 55. I believe , correct me if I am wrong, we are the server first on killing him.

On a side note. AM has cleared TFB 55 HM for a while now, We cleared it right after the underworld alliance right around the time Aisthesis killed them. I just noticed it still says we are 4/5

http://i.imgur.com/Iqol9Nx.jpg There is the pic for the dreadfull Entity. We killed him 5/31/13 at 10:30 EST pn

Edited by rhoule

Anger Management has killed Dreadtooth 10stacks (which is still lvl 50) . We have also killed Dreadfull Entity, the secret boss on 16man HM TfB. That boss is tuned to lvl 55. I believe , correct me if I am wrong, we are the server first on killing him.
Added your Dreadful Entity kill as server first.
On a side note. AM has cleared TFB 55 HM for a while now, We cleared it right after the underworld alliance right around the time Aisthesis killed them. I just noticed it still says we are 4/5
Updated. I checked the thread for any entry from your team around the time you indicated, starting on page 23 (Apr 25) and continuing up, and the first time I find you mentioning it was three weeks later than that, on page 35 (13 May), and you did not mention when the kill occurred. Apologies for missing the 13 May post.

Edit: You said you cleared it, "right after underworld alliance right around the time aisthesis killed them." That's a 2 week window. UWA killed TFB HM on 25 Apr and Aisthesis killed it on 5 May. Can you be more specific?

Edited by Bombbuster