R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship

Scorpiooooo

Hi all,

On Saturday 8th December, myself and EsKy (Fresk/Gresk) will be hosting/casting a SWTOR eSports first. The

R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship.

There is an event page on Facebook here - http://www.facebook.com/events/301051616663722/ which will be updated with more and more details as we get closer to the date, as well as the bracket/draw, teams and players etc...

There is a link to an application form there as well, if you could email it to matt@boughenpix.com once you've filled it out that would be awesome.

With no spectator mode we've had to jerry-rig a solution, but it should work just fine for a first go-around.

If you want to message me in-game for more info, please do - I'll try and plug this through the general chat, so that all guilds get a look in. Otherwise spread the word and can't wait to see you there!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add a few questions/things that came to me.

We need to make sure the draw of lots for matches is random. You might have already though about this but there was no info on how you will decide who plays who(brackets etc).

I will try and convince the core raiding team in Midian to come as well, but we have no pvp gear(relics apart lol) and will get facerolled so luck is important in draw(as I expect not all teams to be full PVP teams). hopefull others will follow in PVE gear and we can all have some fun.

There needs to be cascading prizes, and I think they need to be mentioned asap to get more people in and need to be adhered to. I know you had a successful event but then due to wahtever reason, the prize was revoked at the end. even if its for fun, a prize will keep people motivated beyond the fun and get some proper competition going. I know my team has no chance of winning, but still :)

I would like to add a few questions/things that came to me.

We need to make sure the draw of lots for matches is random. You might have already though about this but there was no info on how you will decide who plays who(brackets etc).

I will try and convince the core raiding team in Midian to come as well, but we have no pvp gear(relics apart lol) and will get facerolled so luck is important in draw(as I expect not all teams to be full PVP teams). hopefull others will follow in PVE gear and we can all have some fun.

There needs to be cascading prizes, and I think they need to be mentioned asap to get more people in and need to be adhered to. I know you had a successful event but then due to wahtever reason, the prize was revoked at the end. even if its for fun, a prize will keep people motivated beyond the fun and get some proper competition going. I know my team has no chance of winning, but still :)

First of all - Thanks for the feedback!

The bracket and draw will depend on how many guilds want to play. Whatever we do it'll be a fair, random draw! No preferences to anyone. At the moment I have been est 8-10 groups and a straight elimination system. But again, it will all depend on attendance.

In terms of Prizes, I would LOVE to offer a prize, but the fact is this is the first time this has been done and it would be out of my pocket. I'm already going to be investing in making sure the stream and games are of an exceptional quality, and we all have a great time.

If we do that, I can go out and get sponsors and prizes for every RAW Championship that follows, using our initial success as the ticket. As far as I know this is the first time SWTOR will be broadcasting a competitive Warzone league. Let's start here, have a great time and use it to get the comp off the ground!

Midian won't get rolled, you guys are awesome at PvP!

Again thanks for the feedback, it's all extremely appreciated!

Edited by Scorpiooooo

Lol, and you are?

i am the only person who would even consider giving you 500k in the game.

First of all - Thanks for the feedback!

In terms of Prizes, I would LOVE to offer a prize, but the fact is this is the first time this has been done and it would be out of my pocket. I'm already going to be investing in making sure the stream and games are of an exceptional quality, and we all have a great time.

If we do that, I can go out and get sponsors and prizes for every RAW Championship that follows, using our initial success as the ticket. As far as I know this is the first time SWTOR will be broadcasting a competitive Warzone league. Let's start here, have a great time and use it to get the comp off the ground!!

ill donate 1mil for the competition. not sure exactly how you want to disperse it.

Midian won't get rolled, you guys are awesome at PvP!

Again thanks for the feedback, it's all extremely appreciated!

No questions midian wont get rolled :). however there is a difference between midian pvp team and midian raiding team doing pvp lol :)

Lots of people saying they are interested - but no one is filling out the entry forms!

If you're wondering why I have these, it's for a couple of reasons. To make sure all the teams have the minimum number of players available, to let me post and advertise who is competing, to be able to know how many teams are competing so as to properly create the bracket, and to be prepared for casting the event as best as possible.

Guys! Fill out the form and get it to me ASAP! It's just a little info on all your players (Names/Class) and Guild Info!

This will be streamed live on Twitch and is a SWTOR First!

Lots of people saying they are interested - but no one is filling out the entry forms!

If you're wondering why I have these, it's for a couple of reasons. To make sure all the teams have the minimum number of players available, to let me post and advertise who is competing, to be able to know how many teams are competing so as to properly create the bracket, and to be prepared for casting the event as best as possible.

Guys! Fill out the form and get it to me ASAP! It's just a little info on all your players (Names/Class) and Guild Info!

This will be streamed live on Twitch and is a SWTOR First!

The problem for the server is there is very few players left it's hard to know who is available so far away from the day. I know I will have a team, who is on it I'm unsure of yet due to these issues. It's much easier for me to say Add Coins will have a team (As we will) then to list the exact players, unless you're willing for these players to be changed on the day.

The other option is in my form I list more than 9 players who will be my pool from whom I will select from given their availability.

Edited by Antiskeptic

people are lazy.

^ fact of life

some people will show but more then likely out of the possible 6 guild teams that there can be a couple wont show just cause they are that lazy + availblity issues

inshort we are a nail in the coffin server, events are very hard to plan

now do recruit gear only ranked wz's and wooo

Edited by Jumpchan

recruit gear ranked war zone! sounds awesome!

recruit mk-2 RWZ's do sound awesome as it would level the playing field to skill and tactics as opposed to gear.

but how do you police it? I reckon you'd see the PVP players who are full WH / EWH would happily start the game in MK-2 but would switch to their better equipment if they start losing. then they would QQ about being disqualified and call it a sham of a competition.

The problem for the server is there is very few players left it's hard to know who is available so far away from the day. I know I will have a team, who is on it I'm unsure of yet due to these issues. It's much easier for me to say Add Coins will have a team (As we will) then to list the exact players, unless you're willing for these players to be changed on the day.

The other option is in my form I list more than 9 players who will be my pool from whom I will select from given their availability.

No worries Mosus! Happy to be flexible here, this goes for anyone, as long as you can confirm you'll be there, by messaging me I'm happy to confirm all your players closer to the date.

ADD COINS - now confirmed as a participating challenger for the RAW Championship!