Is there any way at all to boost artifice crit rate?

Drooge

So, on reppublic at least - I don't see a companion available with +crit to artifice - is that correct?

The legacy sensor from the 1,000,000 credit repair droid is +10 artifice efficiency (reduce craft time) an + 2 crit to TH.

Anyone know why we don't get +crit option like everyone else?

I hope that I'm wrong and someone flames me with the way to get +crit to artifice

I read in a Q&A that if you max a companions affection it adds an additional 5% to their crit chances on crew skills. I think the bonus thing from the repair droid effects it also, but I could be wrong. If I were you I'd try to max affection with the droid(With the artifice bonus piece.) I don't think you can get your chances any higher than that.

Nope, there's no way. Khem, Qyzen, and the ship droid are the only people with any sort of boost at all, and all 3 are +efficiency.

A rumored companion coming in the future may have a +2 Artifice crit (available to all players), but until we get some actual information on whether or not Bioware still intends to add him to the game or not, I wouldn't hold your breath.

There is a droid companion with +2 artifice and +2 cybertech. Those are the two only crew skills without a crit bonus. I think the droid was in the beta, but was later removed (can't confirm tho).

Spoiler contains some more info on the droid: Read at own risk

A companion is coming in 1.3. It leaked while ago, they may change it, but it seems like the droid is making its way back :)