EA says "no new sw games before 2014"

Thread already moved on from this subject but I just have to say it. Idk why people interpret this "not before 2014" to mean "for sure in 2014." It just means nothing this year. Which.. duh.

Also, why do people mourn 1313 so much? All we had of it was a tech demo. Knowing LucasArts it would of been mediocre at best. Sure, the idea of it sounded lovely, but when have they ever delivered our expectations in the last decade? I mean, Force Unleashed looked amazing before it came out. Then everyone playing it and realized "oh.. yeah.. meh. I guess I should have expected that." But now we get saved from that experience repeating and everyone is crying. You silly short attention span folks.

Wait, do you get to hunt the Gungans or...

Wampas in the Hoth Hunt map.

Ewoks in the Endor one...

Jawas vs Tusken raiders in the Moss Eisly one :D

Can't think of any others, but I have an aching feeling there's one more...

Wampas in the Hoth Hunt map.

Ewoks in the Endor one...

Jawas vs Tusken raiders in the Moss Eisly one :D

Can't think of any others, but I have an aching feeling there's one more...

Wookiees on Kashyyyk.

I want them to do a new Star Wars Rebellion game. That game was 100 times better than Empire at War.

It's been a long time since I played Rebellion, but if I remember correctly, resource gathering in that game was a little too meticulous for my liking. Aside from that, I did enjoy its game-play more than EaW.

That being said, I'd love to see a revamp of Rebellion.

None of the new Star Wars games will be coming to the Wii series of platforms.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/eas-star-wars-games-likely-wont-release-on-wii-u/

Well, I suppose that's a good thing.

On a similar note, EA and in particular DICE/BioWare don't seem the sort of companies that release games like Star Wars: Kinect etc. More likely we'll return to the more mature and more exciting game types.

That at least is a plus.

On a similar note, EA and in particular DICE/BioWare don't seem the sort of companies that release games like Star Wars: Kinect etc. More likely we'll return to the more mature and more exciting game types.

That at least is a plus.

Agreed.

Edited by LadyKulvax

That at least is a plus.[/color]

Though no more Star Wars Kinects is a good thing, I wouldn't mind seeing more mature SW games using Kinect as a controller option.

That at least is a plus.[/color]

I agree for two reasons.

1. I don't own a Wii.

2. I want to see Star Wars return to its more mature roots. Something like 1313 (RIP?)

Though no more Star Wars Kinects is a good thing, I wouldn't mind seeing more mature SW games using Kinect as a controller option.
Well, Kinect is a viable option for a Frostbit Engine on an Xbox console so as the technology develops they may attempt to incorporate it. TBH Star Wars: Kinect was actually a good idea, but it was watered down into just another Wii-esque product. I'd like to see an actual story-driven game.

Well, Kinect is a viable option for a Frostbit Engine on an Xbox console so as the technology develops they may attempt to incorporate it. TBH Star Wars: Kinect was actually a good idea, but it was watered down into just another Wii-esque product. I'd like to see an actual story-driven game.

KOTOR with motion controls? *mind overloads from sheer happiness at this new prospect*

KOTOR with motion controls? *mind overloads from sheer happiness at this new prospect*

Oh god no, please no, save it for force unleashed and all that stuff, no distractions should be given from the story if such a game were ever to be made.

Oh god no, please no, save it for force unleashed and all that stuff, no distractions should be given from the story if such a game were ever to be made.

I don't know, so long as it doesn't carry over into cutscenes. But yeah, Force Unleashed with Kinect would be even better.

• 3 weeks later...
By the time any new Star Wars games have come out i will have likely purchased the (under development) Star Citizen which has actual free-flight space combat not swtor's on rails **** space missions. Edited by ratatech
spelling correction

By the time any new Star Wars games have come out i will have likely purchased the (under development) Star Citizen which has actual free-flight space combat not swtor's on rails **** space missions.

Don't take this personally, but...

"Blah blah blah rails". I'm so tired of hearing people complain about rails...plenty of fun games in years past have been even more "restrictive" than that.

Don't take this personally, but...

"Blah blah blah rails". I'm so tired of hearing people complain about rails...plenty of fun games in years past have been even more "restrictive" than that.

I know but the space combat in Star Wars Galaxies was good in part because of the free flight space combat and besides you could fully customize aeverything from reactors to paint jobs on ships in swg and it make swtor's space combat seem restrictive and Star Citizen's space combat looks really good even if the ship will have asissted flight.

And 1313 was much better than BF3 too haha. Though we'll get that before 1313 seeing that it really was 99% done, aside from textures.

Whoa, hey if you mean BATTLEFRONT 3 YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

If you meant Battlefield 3, please continue.

1313 looked like a great game, but come on we have been waiting for Battlefront 3 FOR YEARS.

Whoa, hey if you mean BATTLEFRONT 3 YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

If you meant Battlefield 3, please continue.

1313 looked like a great game, but come on we have been waiting for Battlefront 3 FOR YEARS.

Lol its funny because BF3 from an objective perspective isn't that good. Its a great game no doubt but not as good as a lot tactical shooter games out there. But, its Star Wars, so we love it. :D

EDIT: Concerning BF3 I'm like to see a more fleshed out campaign mode. I mean BF2 sort of has one but really its just a series of battles with some objectives thrown in their, not much of a story. A more substantial campaign mode would make an excellent, excellent addition to the game.

Edited by Beniboybling

I know but the space combat in Star Wars Galaxies was good in part because of the free flight space combat and besides you could fully customize aeverything from reactors to paint jobs on ships in swg and it make swtor's space combat seem restrictive and Star Citizen's space combat looks really good even if the ship will have asissted flight.

<--Waits on BW to implement update (insert random #) that offers all this for space combat & then make ppl buy it in the cartel market for 10,000cc's....IJS