HK-51 Legacy Character Perk

Somtaaw

Has anyone already bought him on a low level alt, and does he come with orange moddable gear?

Took me about 4 hours to clear the questline and unlock him, got full orange gear with Tionese level mods (blue not purple though), but I'm against paying my CC (or 1mil credits) for every alt, if he doesn't come with at least his moddable orange gear.

Particularly since my 400 cybertech does not have many moddable droid armor schematics, it would really suck that "yeah I got HK @ lvl 1(0)! NOOO he's naked, and will suck forever."

I didn't unlock him on a lower level toon but I did use the 350 cartel coins to unlock him on my lvl 50 operative after getting him on my main trooper. He did come with all the same gear the other one did though. I imagine he comes with whatever level range gear is appropriate for the character your unlocking it for. Otherwise that would be overkill unlocking him on a fresh lowbie toon with him in tionese. Edited by Raideag

As long as he comes with his named orange moddable, I don't care what level the mods are... that's the only thing I'm trying to find out.

Having played since Founding/Beta, I've got maxed crafters so I'll just make replacement armorings and such. But if he doesn't come with the moddable @ lvl 10, it defeats the point.

Thanks for that response about getting orange moddable gear @ 28.

Main Stats is Aim & Cunning.

If you hover over those stats, they both give roughly equal bonus and to the same things. So you can equip him like a Mercenary OR Sniper, and he'll be amazing.

Gifts:

LOVES: Weapons

everything else = doesnt care.

Edited by Somtaaw

I'm curious how I can even get him on any other character after I unlocked him once. FInished the quest line with my 50 Marauder, see that I have the perk to unlock him, but cant see how to actually get him on any other character besides having to run through that quest line again as all my other characters.

You do it on one character to unlock him. On any other character you have to spend the 1 mil creds or 350 cartel coins. You have to hit Y to go to your legacy window. Character perks will have Advancement, Companion, Travel and Convenience. He will be under companions of course, at the bottom of the list and if available on the icon will be the small symbol for credit/cart coin.

I was also wondering about the gear downscaling too. But with there being 1 or 2 bugged things about HK51 its hard to say. His stats display is bugged, his HUD portrait has an error message, and his gear is red and says level 50. I claimed him on two low level toons, but on the first one i unequipped all his gear, the second toon i left the gear on. The equipped HK does pull out his sniper rifle, and the unequipped one runs up to targets and starts punching them. But one working part and a couple of other bugged parts isnt enough proof for me that it is fully working as intended.

Edited by swtonewbie

OK, what am I doing wrong.

I have HK-51 unlocked on a character.

Every other character can see the box on the legacy tab, it says "Unlocked" but has no price.

Nothing happens when I click on it, even if the character has over 1,000,000 credits on them.

You're not looking at the perks of the character, but at the page of the legacy for all characters. Go to the legacy perk page and you can unlock him there.

i unlocked HK on my lvl 3 jedi knight (got him on my sniper) at lvl 3 to lvl 9 his target eliminated would stack very slowly and assassinate would miss all targets. Damage seemed low but did not watch it carefully.

His gear is same as start at lvl 50. It is marked red and he has stats as if he was naked.

I removed his sniper rifle and replaced it with a lvl 5 rifle. After the switch target eliminated stacked like normal and assassinate worked, and damage seemed significantly higher.

would be nice to have the gear scale but for now replacing his rifle makes him useful.