What happens when you reach lvl 50 after 2.0?

Two questions:

1. Will it be possible to obtain anything in between Corellia-level gear and Black Hole-level gear after 2.0 hits? Right now you finish your class story and reach level 50 with Corellia-level (116?) gear, and then get a free set of Tionese with which to start doing HM Flashpoints and build up Columi gear. In 2.0, level 50 HM flashpoints will now drop Black Hole gear. If the hardmodes are dropping BH gear, it seems a fair assumption that you won't be given free BH gear when you reach 50 (in place of the current free Tionese), because otherwise there would be little point in even doing the lvl 50 hardmodes at all. So what gear will fresh 50's have to use for hardmodes? Will they be forced to use Corellia gear because Tionese no longer exists? I feel like that would make too many people with better gear not want to PUG the FP daily anymore because they don't want to "carry" low-geared players through (yes, I know once upon a time everybody did them with Corellia gear, but people have gotten spoiled). I personally have no qualms with running them while in Corellia gear, but I don't want to be a source of annoyance or frustration for others that want to get their daily done as fast as possible.

2. If you have purchased the expansion and therefore have access to level 55, will level 50 flashpoints and operations give you experience points? In other words, if I wanted to level up some of my characters to level 55 so I can see all the new content, would it be possible to, at the same time, keep certain other characters at 50 so I can have the 'level 50 endgame' experience with friends who do not have the expansion, without my character gradually reaching 51, 52, etc. making the FP's and Ops become too easy for us?

I really do want to be able to have characters at both 50 and 55 and will be unhappy if it's not possible. I have never actually done any of the current operations yet. I plan to purchase the expansion soon after it's released so I can see Makeb, but at the same time, I want to be able to have as much fun with EV, KP, and EC as I want without all my characters leveling past them, putting me at the point where I can only enjoy TfB and S+V (I don't care for the idea of running level 50 ops as a really unnecessarily powerful level 55 character)

Answer to question 1. You get what you work for like those of us that were around at launch when you did not recive free gear just for finishing the grind to 50.

Answer to question 2. Yes you get xp towards 55 from doing FP's

1. It will be like it used to be before they started to give away free gear. You hit 50, you get your daily armorings, hilts, barrels (tio-grade) and as for other purple parts, you buy/craft/get as quest reward (lvl 49 mods come from h2 on Belsavis daily) and enhancements come from H2 on Ilum).

When you have it, you can go to HMs. I've been there myself with my first two 50s. After I started using Legacy gear and spare HM/ops drops for gearing alts.

If you have Makeb, it will be much easier. You just proceed doing Makeb planetary quest and its planetary gear is about rakata grade. Even if you don't, you will be able to craft lvl 51-55 stuff for you. Or buy it from GTN.

Edited by PaniMauser

I share your disappointment with point 2. Alts won't have much of an option to play ops or HM FP with them being a challenge. You'll likely outlevel them and/or outgear them. I imagine finding a group might be extremely hard too.

Just comes with the territory with increase lvl caps. I didn't think about this until after I preordered the expansion... otherwise I might have held off on it until all my alts were 50 and through the content before buying. :)

Two questions:

1. Will it be possible to obtain anything in between Corellia-level gear and Black Hole-level gear after 2.0 hits? Right now you finish your class story and reach level 50 with Corellia-level (116?) gear, and then get a free set of Tionese with which to start doing HM Flashpoints and build up Columi gear. In 2.0, level 50 HM flashpoints will now drop Black Hole gear. If the hardmodes are dropping BH gear, it seems a fair assumption that you won't be given free BH gear when you reach 50 (in place of the current free Tionese), because otherwise there would be little point in even doing the lvl 50 hardmodes at all. So what gear will fresh 50's have to use for hardmodes? Will they be forced to use Corellia gear because Tionese no longer exists? I feel like that would make too many people with better gear not want to PUG the FP daily anymore because they don't want to "carry" low-geared players through (yes, I know once upon a time everybody did them with Corellia gear, but people have gotten spoiled). I personally have no qualms with running them while in Corellia gear, but I don't want to be a source of annoyance or frustration for others that want to get their daily done as fast as possible.

2. If you have purchased the expansion and therefore have access to level 55, will level 50 flashpoints and operations give you experience points? In other words, if I wanted to level up some of my characters to level 55 so I can see all the new content, would it be possible to, at the same time, keep certain other characters at 50 so I can have the 'level 50 endgame' experience with friends who do not have the expansion, without my character gradually reaching 51, 52, etc. making the FP's and Ops become too easy for us?

I really do want to be able to have characters at both 50 and 55 and will be unhappy if it's not possible. I have never actually done any of the current operations yet. I plan to purchase the expansion soon after it's released so I can see Makeb, but at the same time, I want to be able to have as much fun with EV, KP, and EC as I want without all my characters leveling past them, putting me at the point where I can only enjoy TfB and S+V (I don't care for the idea of running level 50 ops as a really unnecessarily powerful level 55 character)

1. It will work the same as it worked prior to BW giving away free level 50 pvp/pve starter gear. Your corellia blues will be fine for HM FPs, especially considering you will likely be running those (as your fresh 50) with 51-54s that are already mostly geared.

2. Yes, you will get XP on your 50s from FPs and Ops. eventually they will level up, but it's a long way.

If you own the expansion you can get a set of rakata level mods for 156 planetary comms.

For some stupid reason thats only if you own the expansion as the makeb comm vendor requires it even though they put it on fleet to taunt those of us without.

As for point 1, I can foresee Lvl 50 hard modes becoming annoyingly unpredictable now. Sometimes, you'll end up grouped with lvl 54-55 players who just trivialize the content. Other times, you'll get fresh 50s in Corellia gear trying to run HM LI (even with the nerf, I still wouldn't want to see fresh 50s trying it).

If you own the expansion you can get a set of rakata level mods for 156 planetary comms.

For some stupid reason thats only if you own the expansion as the makeb comm vendor requires it even though they put it on fleet to taunt those of us without.

You know some of the people that have the expansion go to the Fleet also. I seriously doubt the devs stood around talking "oh let's put a vendor on the fleet just to taunt those who don't have the expansion."

:rolleyes:

Edited by ScarletBlaze