SM S&V: Kill Horic Last!

Hot raid strat right there. :-) I know there's at least one other guild that has done this (I think on ToFN), but no one has, to my knowledge, posted a full recording thereof:

Our kill order was Vilas, Sunder, Tu'chuk and finally Horic. I was the commando healer. For the record, the Horic cartel lieutenants do a LOT more damage than any of the others (each boss has its own lieutenant type). Additionally, Horic does an ability in the final phase if he's the last to die which targets a person (possibly random) and nukes them for about 35k over 3 quick hits. Bubble, Kolto Bomb shield and some very fast reactive heals were the only real answer to the mechanic.

Needless to say, we don't recommend this in hard mode.

Nice video, was really interesting to see.

And I wondered did anyone do any other "unusual" kill orders, for example on the second boss of TfB? I did a quick youtube search and didn't find anything.

Nice video, was really interesting to see.

And I wondered did anyone do any other "unusual" kill orders, for example on the second boss of TfB? I did a quick youtube search and didn't find anything.

We're going to do Kel'sara first tonight. We gave it a try last night, but we didn't have our primary tanks and Ciphas's damage gets *absurdly* high. More importantly, if you even damage Hierad, Kel'sara heals nearly to full, which sort of screwed us when one of the tanks Slow Timed during a surging chain.

The other thing we're planning on doing is dropping all the Warlords down to about 3-5k, then group them up and kill them with a Force Sweep. The damage is instant on all of them, so it's not totally clear to me what the game will do. Should be fun to find out though.

We're going to do Kel'sara first tonight. We gave it a try last night, but we didn't have our primary tanks and Ciphas's damage gets *absurdly* high. More importantly, if you even damage Hierad, Kel'sara heals nearly to full, which sort of screwed us when one of the tanks Slow Timed during a surging chain.

The other thing we're planning on doing is dropping all the Warlords down to about 3-5k, then group them up and kill them with a Force Sweep. The damage is instant on all of them, so it's not totally clear to me what the game will do. Should be fun to find out though.

That bit about force sweep is pretty cool. I would be interested in what happens.

Will subscribe to this thread just to see that force sweep kill!

Due to personnel and gearing concerns, we're not going to have our Focus sentinel on their main for tonight's run, so it looks like we won't be doing this until next week. I'll update here though as soon as we do!

It might in theory be possible to do this with other AoEs, but Force Sweep is the only auto-crit AoE in the game, which makes it by far the easiest to work with. I suppose we could also do it by lowering all HP down to about 1k and then using Thernal Grenade, Mortar Volley, Force in Balance or XS Freighter. Explosive Surge might even work.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

So what happened?:)

^_^ Well, they're dead…

Personally, I was hoping we would crash the servers (or at the very least, bug the fight), but neither happened. There was a slight pause, and then all four bosses died simultaneously. The video is still pretty entertaining. I think we could do it in Hard Mode without too much trouble, but we would have to be more coordinated than we were. The nice thing about it is we basically skipped over all of the mechanics that add challenge to the fight (e.g. Fixate) since no one boss died before the others.