Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I'm thinking that businesses have to show a little more patience that players in regards to big decisions like that. In other words, they're not going to do anything until F2P has been going for a good number of months.

Define "good number of months", 'cause by my definition:

ITS ALREADY BEEN A GOOD

COUPLE OF MONTHS!

Edited by Ignicity

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the stench of its rotting decomposing corpse is demoralizing to the point I re-rolled on a US server.

1 - 30 in 27 hours... Yeeha!

See I cant even gather the impetus to do that, And i ahve a lvl 34 sniper on the bastion i think......

- Bump -

For the sake of the Force, please stop ignoring us on Master Dar'Nala. It's 2013 already, what are you waiting for, Bioware? F2P didn't help our population much, neither did Christmas, and I highly doubt RotHC will either. Just give us the damn options to transfer already.

Gotta feel for you guys, we got a good injection of lowbies on Gav, but with the F2P restrictions it's not done much from a WZ or Ops perspective. Should come over to Gav and just lvl on warzones. Sub 50 pumps.

Also, not going to re-roll.

50 Operative (Min/Maxed in 61's)

50 PT (Full campaign, not min/maxed yet though)

50 VG (Full WH)

50 Sniper (BH/Campaign Mix)

50 Mara (BH/Campaign Mix)

50 Merc (BH/Rakata Mix)

50 Sorc (BH/Rakata Mix)

50 Sin (BM/Rakata Mix)

50 Sage (WH/BH/Rakata Mix)

50 Sent (Not too long ago dinged)

40 Guardian (Already has 1.5k RWZ comms)

40 Scoundrel

Only species I dont have is Mirialan. I have WAY too many legacy features unlocked. I have a decent amount of credits (around 15 mil) as well as a 400 of every crew skill who can make purples for various classes while leveling as well as some nice end game gear. I have every companion maxed affection, as well as a 50 human, meaning I start new characters with 500 bonus presence.

So no, re-rolling will never be an option for me. I tried it on Bastion and have a level 14 over there. No credits, no legacy perks, nothing. No way in hell.

Another reason that the population of these servers is suffering is that existing characters on any of the US or EU server cannot transfer to APAC, not even if they are willing to pay a transfer fee.

If you missed the free transfer period then there is now no way you can move your character there. Its stuck where you made it.

I agree though that the APAC servers need to be consolidated. As a result of the low population we are now seeing long time APAC players simply creating character on the US server and playing there. The US server during APAC peak time is still busier than any of the APAC severs during APAC peak.

Bioware - Fix it!

I am still wondering why even paid transfers are not ready because they would be making a packet from those they must have some serious problems in the code and the team can't get it working unless they do a manual transfer.

Because they are running a game engine (HERO) that is famous for having no inter/cross server abilities.

Anecdotally I've seen a considerable increase in the Gav Daragon population since F2p and it seems to be growing, not shrinking. Last time I played prior to F2P there were around 15-20 people on each fleet and 25 or so on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas. One person (me) on Voss. In the past week or two it has been 30-60 people on each fleet and 60-80 people on the capital worlds and I even saw five other people on Voss.

Not great but it is a start.

from State of the Game #2:

nothing

:(

oh wait...

As of the writing of this letter, we are in focused, internal testing on character copies for PTS. You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year. It will provide free character copies to PTS at any time (with possible restrictions dependent upon our testing needs at any given time). This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.
Edited by orpheus

Wow, just...wow. I feel so sorry for you guys. So character transfers are planned for the second half of the year, probably towards the end. So you will be stuck on these servers for at least 9 more months probably. I remember how it was in spring 2012 when most servers were dead. I am now on a healthy EU server. I can't help but feel the APAC players have been forsaken. Mr. Hickman should have also worded his announcement more carefully as well, I mean i can't imagine how you guys felt when he said "the servers are rocking!".

Think they've actually forgotten about our player base here. It's like when you're in the waiting bay at a McDonalds drive thru waiting for someone to come out that door with the goods. We will be waiting another year for someone at BW to come through that APAC door and respond...