[General Crafting] RE Dread Guard

EternalMizer

It came as a slight shock to me that I can't RE just any Dread Guard quality Mod, Enhancement, Etc. to get my own schematic of it. It has to be specifically from your own Dread Guard gear. I mean I guess it's a good stop to crew skills getting too flooded with all the BiS stuff, but it does suck if your Ops group isn't specifically running TFB HM or NiM EC like mine. As well as most guilds/groups that are doing those runs don't need to pug a member outside their guild or group anyways. So the moral of this little rant is that they shouldn't limit a persons crafting because of their progression. Where will this moral get me? Nowhere unless I /gquit my guild or get lucky in a pug, then win the dread guard gear, then RE it, then get lucky again and learn the schematic. (run-on sentence; go!) As well as hoping the pug group downs a boss. See, ranting. Also, whether someone says those are easy or not, I absolutely do not care. It isn't where my guild is at so have fun with that. :rak_04:

/friendlyrant

Raiding to get gear should ALWAYS be the only way to obtain the very best gear.

else, what would be the point of raiding if i can just buy full DG at 50 on the gtn?

Or you could say...

Crafting end game gear should be the only way to obtain high end game items... else what's the pointing in spending hundreds of hours and millions of credits crafting?

Personally I think Raid quality gear should be craft-able.. But I also think the mats should be only found in the raiding areas...

False. Insert the mod crafted by someone else into some gear and remove it, then it will no longer be marked as crafted and you can RE it for a chance at the schem. This was confirmed to be "unintended" but not an exploit; they haven't decided whether this will be possible with the next tier of gear last I heard. Edited by Telanis

False. Insert the mod crafted by someone else into some gear and remove it, then it will no longer be marked as crafted and you can RE it for a chance at the schem. This was confirmed to be "unintended" but not an exploit; they haven't decided whether this will be possible with the next tier of gear last I heard.

Flipping awesome.

False. Insert the mod crafted by someone else into some gear and remove it, then it will no longer be marked as crafted and you can RE it for a chance at the schem. This was confirmed to be "unintended" but not an exploit; they haven't decided whether this will be possible with the next tier of gear last I heard.

Cool, thanks for posting this.

Does not just work on mods, also been on the forums since 1.4 as crafters are still split on this, some not likeing it, others loveing it.