Gree Event, why even teast us with weapons if we cant get them

Planar

Griping about not being able to attain certain items in game is irrelevant. It's understandable that some people just don't have the time to grind out the dailies every day for two weeks. There are those that do have the time as well. The same griping was heard in WoW when they started world events and YEARLY events. You don't hear that griping anymore. It's a part of the game. Learn to accept that unless you work for it and put forth the effort, it's going to take you longer than the next person to attain certain items. You'll save yourself a lot of grief and headache if you do.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griping about not being able to attain certain items in game is irrelevant. It's understandable that some people just don't have the time to grind out the dailies every day for two weeks. There are those that do have the time as well. The same griping was heard in WoW when they started world events and YEARLY events. You don't hear that griping anymore. It's a part of the game. Learn to accept that unless you work for it and put forth the effort, it's going to take you longer than the next person to attain certain items. You'll save yourself a lot of grief and headache if you do.

The problem is that the SWTOR community has got to be the most "I want it now!" community I've ever been involved in.

People expect everything in an instant with the least amount of effort. There is no risk/reward - simply put, they want plenty of reward with no risk and no "waiting".

Maybe I'm generalising. But when I look at the forums here and compare them with the forums of the many, many MMORPG's and MMO's I've played that is what I see here.

The pink text gives me hope for the future of SWTOR. If the WoW playeres can accept that people with lots of free time will always get certain things faster, then we can move on.

hehe they look good with that tronish aura at base, also i noticed theyre bigger than rest of sabers.

That night, on Nar Shaddaa at the Promenade cantina, a scantly dressed twi'lek dancer approaches one lucky sith:

Dancer girl: "Oh, your lightsaber is soooo big!" then suddenly her expression changes and says with surprise: "But why does it keep 'twitching'?".

Sith: "Sorry babe, it never happened before! I swear!"

Edited by zorroazul

That night, on Nar Shaddaa at the Promenade cantina, a scantly dressed twi'lek dancer approaches one lucky sith:

Dancer girl: "Oh, your lightsaber is soooo big!" then suddenly her expression changes and says with surprise: "But why does it keep 'twitching'?".

Sith: "Sorry babe, it never happened before! I swear!"

I guess that means your Schwartz is bigger than Lone Star's;)

... and vibrates apparently:p

BW noobs apply half done solutions as other games have, but lack the proper implementations. There is a game with calendar of events that you know upfront and can plan for all yah needs. Saying "the game event will happen again in future..." is not what people expect for 15$ a month.

On 1 side BW expect us to plan as logical adults for game events, rep grinds and such and on the other they treat us like imbecylic children. Decide already will yah? Because your actions speak all about you, not about us...

It's all good here. My guildies and I will have our weapons next week as a result of working together to farm WBs and Xeno (to a lesser extent because of the lock out). The cap isn't a bother because we could continue to stack rep... so many of us have enough accrued to finish Legendary status before the next event.

So... there you have it. I have enough for 2 lightsabers and the white armor. So... what will the next event entail I wonder.

BW noobs apply half done solutions as other games have, but lack the proper implementations. There is a game with calendar of events that you know upfront and can plan for all yah needs. Saying "the game event will happen again in future..." is not what people expect for 15$ a month.

On 1 side BW expect us to plan as logical adults for game events, rep grinds and such and on the other they treat us like imbecylic children. Decide already will yah? Because your actions speak all about you, not about us...

Chill plumz it's not like you need the weapons if you don't have many alts. You can't have your cake and eat it. If real life obligations, on vacation, or any other real life reasons you can't have every thing. People who are playing too much in game lose out in real life activities whether it be working more, going out, ect. i my self put some of my school work on hold for 2 or 3 days to finish get enough rep tokens and components to buy one weapon. It just so happen I had enough to buy three 24 weapons and one 18 weapon. However, I payed the price by having to do my school work mostly today and tomorrow while I could have been done already.

For the chev event I didn't have time to participate and I don't feel I lost any thing since I got real life work done.

I didn't get to do the event for almost the whole two weeks cause I was stuck in the hospital with only one level 50. Only way that I'll be able to get the legacy sabers is farming the hell out of the two world bosses and gathering those rep tokens. I just hope the vendors are around long enough to do so or that the event comes back before the expansion comes out.

So everything I read on the event is that it lasts from 2/12/2013 - 2/26/2013 (this coming Tuesday).

So if it goes like any other event once the event ends the missions AND the vendors will go poof on that Tuesday 2/26/2013

My problem with this is:

12k/weekly rep gain a week limit

EVEN if you precollected enough and used a PURPLE rep gain item right before reaching cap you will be unable to reach Champion by 2/26/2013, simple math:

To go from Hero to Champion is 15k, I have reached the cap both weeks (unfortunately for me I had no idea you could go over the 12k cap just once by using a purple right before you reach cap), so I am 640 shy of Hero. So since I have participated fully across multiple 50s (grinded), killed WB (without camping them), killed the boss op in HM 16 mans, I have obtained the Helix's needed for my weapons AND enough rep items I could stop now and still should reach Champion (but I want Legend) at least by using them, however if the event ends 2/26/2013 and the vendors go with it, then NO ONE will have been able to obtain Champion and purchased the weapons or the white Gree armor.

I have always felt removing the event vendors the day the event ends is a poor choice, I still have hundreds of Rakghoul DNA and several dozen tokens of entrichment unused with a tease "they vendors may return in the future" from a previous dev post so they sit wasting value cargo space.

I recommend that after an event ends the vendors be placed on fleet or the capital worlds OR maybe in the VIP lounge on fleet, until such time Biowares data mining cleary shows that no one has any tokens of enrichment, rakghoul DNA or Gree rep items left to spend making the vendor obsolete.

Has anyone seen a post I couldnt find stating the vendors will remain and the items usable afterwards to still gain rep?

what if your computer has be out of seves for haft of the event and now cant fines that is not right :(

The reputation system of the Gree Event could be so much more.

1. There could be some story attached to it as you increase in rep rank. Having some cutscene for every rep rank you reach, would give some meaning to the rep grind.

It would be similar to grinding rep with the Sand people back in KOTOR 1. You've already done it a few years ago. Why completely forget about it here when introducing rep grinds?

2. The whole weekly cap, and getting tokens to circumvent the cap by using them every week is just very confusing and redundant. They should have just kept it simple, by awarding rep straight away for killing a world boss and completing missions.

The simple reputation system of WoW is already enough. Give rep for killing world bosses and completing missions. This different reputation system that involves weekly cap and tokens doesn't have any advantages over the simple one.

If you want to do something new to the reputation system that is superior to WoW's, attaching story, the supposedly 4th pillar that you claim to have, would have been awesome. But you dropped the ball here.

It's not like I'm suggesting anything new. You already did something like that back in KOTOR 1 with the sand people, where each new rep you gain with them gives new missions, new story, a feeling that the sand people npcs are more accepting of you, and hilarious dialogue with HK47. That's why it's so frustrating that you do one thing and then forget another, like as if you have some form of amnesia.

Edited by ConradLionhart

• 3 weeks later...
One little problem I had with the event was adding the Blue Sphere on the 2nd part of the Gree event. I had enough rep to hit "legend" and saved up for weapons on my different alts and bought them before the 2nd part started. On my main toon I had 4 gray helix components left and now they put in another toy. the Blue Sphere which takes 48 grays to buy. With the 4 I had left over and If I do everything I can SM/HM 16 Xeno and the daily heroics I will only have 46 grays. If I'm missing something please let me know. I just wish they would have had it on the vendors from day one so I could have planned for it.

One little problem I had with the event was adding the Blue Sphere on the 2nd part of the Gree event. I had enough rep to hit "legend" and saved up for weapons on my different alts and bought them before the 2nd part started. On my main toon I had 4 gray helix components left and now they put in another toy. the Blue Sphere which takes 48 grays to buy. With the 4 I had left over and If I do everything I can SM/HM 16 Xeno and the daily heroics I will only have 46 grays. If I'm missing something please let me know. I just wish they would have had it on the vendors from day one so I could have planned for it.

It would have allowed for better planning to be sure. But, at least for me it worked out.

After thinking about it, I decided against the Gree mount. In short, I need the legacy weapons much more as they allow me to transfer mods crystals and Hilts/barrels between my toons because through legacy. That makes them extremely valuable to me. If the mount would have been a legacy mount I would feel differently. Just my 2 perpendiculars on this.

Recurring event - always the possibility of things changing.

Heard many people say "Voss reputation isn't worth it" and a lot of people aren't bothering. Nothing to say something wont be added to those reputation vendors.

This is an MMO and things change.

So you missed out. You got all the weapons you wanted.

Maybe in 3 weeks time when they run the event again (no, they haven't said 3 weeks but to tell us an even will recur throughout the year and for it to do so a few weeks after the first time is just plain stupid) they will add something in at 75 components at all those that spent 48 on the sphere will be "gutted".