Crafting in 2.0 !!

wainot-keel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - looks like a new tier of schematics may be coming. This could end up being extremely exciting ~ or seriously undwhelming.

Here's to hoping that this brings worthwhile new crafting content.

You could also assume that their will be grade 7 green mats. ~ or that the tier 7 recipes will use PILES of grade 6 mats. I hope we're getting new mats myself ~ just so the market for grade 6 stuff doesn't suddenly turn into a bidding war.

The Stab market is going to implode with the changes to HM loot tables.

From patch notes in PTS.

Awesome, innit ? Looking forward to it

Discuss.:D

Might sound good but that's all they tell us , i'll be honest depending on what they did to RE etc and how we make gear is what keeps me playing , I like How RE works now and I know a lot don't .. I raid to but I love being able to make to the BiS gear and a lot do that raid..

And don 't see were it's a bad thing to be able to make BIs , why not times are changing why not that change , like Win 8 it's really a awesome OS after you dig into it .. so would making BiS gear not be the same .. I don't raid for gear , never liked like idea , I want to have fun ..

Edited by tanktest

Yeah - looks like a new tier of schematics may be coming. This could end up being extremely exciting ~ or seriously undwhelming.

You could also assume that their will be grade 7 green mats. ~ or that the tier 7 recipes will use PILES of grade 6 mats. I hope we're getting new mats myself ~ just so the market for grade 6 stuff doesn't suddenly turn into a bidding war.

DLing it now I'm gonna test it .... I knew for a fact stab will drop big time , that how it is and new mats are there ,

Stab's havn't already ? I have seen a big drops in stabs and they are gonna drop even way more way before this stuff goes live ..

I bet those 50 extra points will cover grade 7 mats. Perhaps some new than the ones we see now. What grade the schematics will be, don't know. Perhaps the complete sets of schematics of something like to Columi effectively increasing the range for "lowbie" crafting from 15 - 45, to 15 - 50.

RE seems to work fine in 2.0 there is a new stab new matrix and green mats are all new for the 30 s ,, but it is now 10 % RE no longer 20 % but it seems to work better ..

Armors are learn able without a set bonus. smart idea ,

have not tested the re of other players make yet but that is prolly gone but Idc Re is not nerfed to the point we could not learn schematic .. and sell them so you can gear up if you want to and not raid which is smart to ..

so far my test sorc knows the resolve 30 armor the aptitude 30 mod.. all in like ten clicks and a new ear which is blue and can be red to epic from what it looks like ..

once I can set and write out the mats for underworld and Scavenging,I'll list them here ...

Edited by tanktest

Any word as to the perk items yet? Like synth/armor got rakata belts/bracers last time, artifice got relics, etc.

look like not with synth but new augment slots Mk -7 to 9 ... and still looks like CT and Artiice will be the top cred makers

but there is schematic drops so who knows there may be.

Hmmm, interesting....another lot of schematics that no one will be crafting....nice indeed. lol

Considering the fact that the only gear being crafted is the moddable gear, which tends to be very difficult to keep updated, though the 2.0 commendation system seems promising, which MIGHT help out alot with keeping moddable gear updated, but overall, i would prefer some normal gear like a reall mmo should have.

Maybe crafters will start doing their role in 2.0?

Hmmm, interesting....another lot of schematics that no one will be crafting....nice indeed. lol

Considering the fact that the only gear being crafted is the moddable gear, which tends to be very difficult to keep updated, though the 2.0 commendation system seems promising, which MIGHT help out alot with keeping moddable gear updated, but overall, i would prefer some normal gear like a reall mmo should have.

so MMO should drop gear the old school way what's wrong with something new or break way form the old ways to new .. :) the way you want it has been sense EQ 1 is time to break that mode and go with a new way ... as all ways no one wants new over old but some times it may be better at first its not what fits but over time it gets to be liked more then the old way .. :) ,, I tried of the old ways raid for gear fight over loot in raids etc ..and if this it so be it

Edited by tanktest

Cybertech can make 28 mods and armourings, Synthweaving can make some orange sets that look ok to me (including some Sorc trousers) and 26 augments.

Biochem makes 154+63 stims in their green versions.

Edited by mrpayday

After getting around on the PTS a little bit, I am rather underwhelmed with whats coming for crafters.

Its rather hard to even see how stuff acts as far as RE when you don't have access to the 3rd ingredient needed (think fluxes and the like) to craft an item. I am guessing they will have those at a vendor on Makeeb only and they will be BoP. Unless a bug, you cannot even get them as a mission option. Speaking of missions, I am a little concerned from what I am seeing in regards to the new ones. I have yet to see a single mission bring back more then 1 type of material. So it looks like we have another artificially slowed grind added. Also I found it a bit perplexing that for scavenging and archaeology the first new type of material for the tier is green and the second is blue. Guessing maybe the blue is needed for the 2nd step of crafting the items but sorta had to tell when you can't craft a green to RE to blue :rolleyes: .

Only thing I have seen that looks to be the new "perk" for crafting is a ton of recipes the new Basic Commendation vendors sell. Thing is that each recipe costs 200 basic comms and requires Hero standing with the Citizens of Makeeb. Still scratching my head at the fact that some of these recipes craft BoE gear and the others its BoP. Of course I really shouldn't be shocked by this since once again it looks like they added all the duplicate enhancement recipes to artifice :mad:.

Just my 2 cents for now...

Cybertech can make 28 mods and armourings, Synthweaving can make some orange sets that look ok to me (including some Sorc trousers) and 26 augments.

Biochem makes 154+63 stims in their green versions.

hm my sorc can make 30 not 28 at least the tooltip says 30s

They better fix the r/e xploit instead of puting caps on commendations and stuff. That is the reason of players getting gear too quickly, not commendations.

they have all ready said it wasn't a exploit not intended but not a exploit .. . and you can still gear up as fast only other way around it is don't RE at all .. .

Edited by tanktest

they have all ready said it wasn't a exploit not intended but not a exploit .. . and you can still gear up as fast only other way around it is don't RE at all .. .

Not intended, but not an exploit.

So that falls under the category of "creative use of existing game mechanics?"

Don't get me wrong, I take advantage of it. i've even been pretty lucky with getting over 50% of my level 27 schems on the first try.

My opinion is that if the devs really didn't want us to do it, they'd find a way to fix it. If they can't be bothered enough to actually fix it, then there's no reason not to do it.

I'm a crafter and the main reason a lot of times I only make mod gear and augments and augments slots it is the only thing that sells. Why waste mats on items that you put on the GTN that don't sell. I used to make purple and blue quality but I always winded up getting them back no matter how many times I listed them. My augments, augment slots and mod outfits sell and I don't feel like I'm wasting mats on things that don't sell.