Starting operations for guild which one should we begin with

Hi,

We are thinking about starting operations for the guild but not sure which one. Most of us have Tionese/Columi and some rakata.

I was thinking starting SM EC, any suggestions? I wish to know what drops as well from SM EC & HM EC, SM/HM TFB as well.

Edited by overkillss

I would start off with like EV/KP SM just to get the group to work together and see the weak/strong sides of each player, it also teaches players to get more aware of what happened around them and not just their specific role. That would at the most take 3-4 hours if the group works well, then you can run into EC SM and try out the bosses, make sure everyone is aware of the mechanics and what their role in the fight is. The droplist is as follows:

Explosive Conflict: Storymode

Toth and Zorn: Rakata Bracer, Rakata Implant, Rakata Chest

Stormcaller and Firebrand: Rakata Belt, Rakata Offhand, Rakata Boot

Colonel Vorgath: Rakata Legs, Rakata Gloves, Rakata Implant

Warload Kephess: Rakata Helmet, Rakata Mainhand, Random Black Hole gear or Campaign Relic

I would not recommend you to go into hardmode, I would rather say that TFB SM is a safer bet, both for getting to know more mechanics and learning to handle them. Also, you get more good crafting mats to help people get better gear, add that you get another weekly done meaning more blackhole commendation so ppl can buy blackhole gear.

Terror from Beyond: Storymode

The Withering Horror: Rakata bracers, Rakata Boots

Ciphas, Heirad, and Kel’sara: Rakata Belt, Rakata Gloves

Operator IX: Rakata head, Rakata Legs

Kephess the Undying: Rakata Offland, Black Hole Piece

The TFB: Rakata Chest | Rakata Mainhand, Black Hole Piece

When your group can handle both EC SM and TFB SM and maybe have a little gear (if you can be overgeared, always do it) I would say you can make some tries at EC Hardmode. Then your group should have full rakata with a few blackhole parts here and there, and it will be much more simple to learn the tactics since you will be slightly overgeared.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Hi,

We are thinking about starting operations for the guild but not sure which one. Most of us have Tionese/Columi and some rakata.

I was thinking starting SM EC, any suggestions? I wish to know what drops as well from SM EC & HM EC, SM/HM TFB as well.

EC SM, TFB SM, EV HM, KP HM -> all drop Rakata gear.

I'd say EV HM / EC SM are the easiest ..

Personally, I've found that HM EV and HM KP is easier than SM EC and SM TfB, just due to the latter two having more complex mechanics.

I would suggest:

SM EV

SM KP

HM EV

HM KP

SM EC

SM TfB

HM EC

HM TfB

Edited by Khevar

I find EV and KP SM the easiest; they drop columi gear and can be a good way to get used to the larger groups.

EV/KP HM are the second easiest. I find that they can be easily pugged, but still might pose some problems to an untrained group. They drop Rakata.

Either EC or TFB would be the next step up. Although they drop the same gear as EV and KP HM, they are more mechanics heavy and would require better coordination.

These would probably be the best ones to start with. EC HM drops campaign, and TFB HM drop Dreadguard, but I wouldn't recommend these until you have better gear, and more experience. :)

Edited by Fiamma_Verde

SM EV

SM KP

HM EV

HM KP

SM EC

SM TfB

HM EC

HM TfB

This is the actual list of intended progression list which the developers have in mind. Although with the amount of black hold comms you get today, which allows you to skip straight to Black Hole gear, you can skip straight to HM EC if you are fully black hole gear with augments. However, I would not recommend doing that unless your guild is experienced in Trinity (Tank, heal and DPS) style MMO and would like a "baptism by fire" challenge.

Otherwise, follow the list to learn how working in large group feels like, or else the end game will only make you frustrated, demoralized and suicidal.

Edited by PhantomMalice

We are a pvp guild so most of us have full war hero and some elites! Does this matter if we wear pvp gear instead of tionese gear /columi which has lower stats?

Ignore whether something is PvE or PvP - pick whichever pieces benefit you the most in regards to stats and set bonuses.

Another thing you can do if you have enough extra WZ commas - buy a WH piece just to pull the mod and enhancement, then put those in a lower tier (tionese or columi) PvE piece. Make sure to check the interwebs to make sure you're buying the mods and enhancements you like as cheaply as possible. PvP armorings suck for PvE, but the mod/enhancement from a WH piece can be as good as a Rakata or BH piece, depending on the stat allocation.

If you have full War Hero/EWH you can more or less treat it as having full Rakata. That said, some of the PVE set bonuses are a LOT more useful for raids than the PVP ones (Juggernaut tank, for example). I'd still say get yourself some PVE gear, though.

The above suggestions are all good (except perhaps starting with EC HM). Start with EV and KP SM and get used to running in 8-man groups before you start going to the harder stuff, even if the gear isn't an improvement. Experience factor is HUGE - a skilled, experienced player who knows his role and how he fits into his group will trump a player with better gear but doesn't know what he's doing any day.