Crew skills for sniper?

SqusihyToast

cybertech, biochem, arms or armor are all helpful. At this point, there doesn't seem to be a far and away better choice.

Artifice and synthweaving are both nearly useless to you directly.

Then go with the other 2 gathering/mission skills that complement your chosen (see codex).

Edited by Infalliable

It depends what you're planning to do after 50.

If you're doing hardcore ops I recomend biochem, to keep at least long enought to make ops consumables for yourself to last a long long time, then drop for something else if you like.

The way I went about it was something like this:

Armortech is ok, but I feel like it's more of a money sink whereas other professions can actually net you a nice penny. Also I've never been a fan of crafting my own armor, it makes drops seem so "meh" and it just never attracted me.

Armstech on the other hand did attract me. Crafting your own weapons tickles my RP senses in the right way.

But frankly again I feel like it sells less; and unlike Armortech this is 1 or 2 of all your slots, so it feels somewhat limiting.

My eventual choice fell between cybertech and biochem.

Cybertech is the fun profession, you get the nades. You craft the gizmos like earpieces (again RP senses tingling). It reminded me of engineering in WoW which was by far my favorite "fun" profession.

Though in the end I started off with Biochem for the following reason:

I feel like Biochem is especially useful for a sniper; since we can't heal ourselves otherwise in combat (and believe me I used medpacks a plenty :p). On top of that it seems like one of the more profitable crafting professions. Everyone will need a ton of consumables at the end, constantly, all the time. Whereas a weapon mod is a once in a week/month upgrade at best.

Thing is that if the profession turns out to not be the ultimate one at the end; I'll at least make some profit out of it in the meanwhile.

So I went with:

Biochem (as stated)

Bioanalysis (the green items help you level and craft the consumables for leveling; the stims and medpacks)

Slicing (Because slicing is a big time money maker; not as huge as it was on beta but still sufficient that it's worth taking slicing to pay the bills)

Ill probably drop slicing at 30-50 (depending on expected income and expenses) and pick up diplomacy.

I went cybertech/scavenging/underwold trading and haven't looked back since.

Cybertech: The mods I make have been selling really well and new blue/purple recipes are easy to discover.

Scavenging: Supports Cybertech.

Underworld Trading: Kaliyo has a nice bonus for this, so she always brings me back good stuff, especially blue/purple lvl metals for Cybertech crafting.

I did think about getting Biochem for HP packs, but the money I make from selling mods means I can get those easily anyway.