Light or Dark?

Pernzilla

My bounty hunter is generally light, but I've picked a few dark choices here and there. The only thing that light/dark really can gimp you on is the relics, so I picked up diplomacy (since I have biochem and bioanalysis anyway) to help compensate for the times I do pick a dark side choice. I play mine similar to how many of you have mentioned: Professional. I don't turn on my employers, and I get the job done the way it's wanted. The only time I didn't is *SPOILER ALERT* that one mission where the guy sends you to kill his daughter, I froze her and brought her to him instead. Mako liked it more, and he ended up having second-thoughts anyway so it worked out best for everyone.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bounty Hunter is not neutral, and definently not a good guy. He's a stone cold evil bad ***.

I don't think the story gives you much wiggle room, honestly. When I started the story I tried to go in without a predetermined mind set (although part of me wanted to go light for variation in flashpoints because I figured most imperials would go dark). I figured I'd take the story as it came ty to make the most natural reactions and see where I ended up.

Now at lvl 23 I'm Dark II, with about 2800 DS and about 600 LS points.

Problem with the story is that you volunteer to join a killing contest. So early on I asked myself what type of personality would do this and I realized this guy is an evil bastard. I'm not saying that the LS options are fake, I think many of them are legitimate. In the end though they only serve to justify the BH conscience.

The bounty hunter is not a soldier or a lawman. He's a killer and a gangster. I don't think there's much room to debate it. If anyone of us claimed to know someone in a "Great Hunt" in real life, we would call that person a sociopath. "Just trying to make a living" in a wartorn state doesn't cut it as justification for the way this guy lives, it just doesn't.

You can let most of your mark's go or try to take them alive and try to look out for the innocents in the galaxy. But at the end of the day you're still a thief and a murderer. I think the only realistic way that someone takes the job of a bounty hunter is to be a very caloused and emotionally guarded person. Also, the BH is extremely selfish.

THe full LS bounty hunter is probably even more sociopathic that the DS one.

Regardless I've tried to give my charactor a "code" to make him more dynamic. So he spares the innocent as best he can, but I still end up making mostly evil choices, because going full LS just seems WAY to twisted for me to comprehend.

Have to agree here i wanted to test if mako learned anything I asked her what she wanted to do with the assassin. She said kill him because of what ever the hutts are going to do to him. I facepalmed they requested him alive as my BH said "you are too emotional for this job" *freezes*.

Gained some dark side points and I hate it when she starts crying when targets want me to kill them because of "Honor" the only thing I am worried about is the contract and it says they want you alive. *Proceeds to get even more dark side points*

She sees mando's and BH through bear goggles cause all other mando's I meet are rather bloodthirsty. Plus my BH did not become a mando did not have time for this whole honor nonsense and the other great hunt winners agreed with me called me ****** because of it.

I only consider a new contract if that said person is paying more as boba did he knew the rebels would pay him but guess what? The empire is giving him even more money.

My bh is dark 3 with like 600 lightside points.

Edited by lokdron