Endgame Crafting Goes Buh-Bye in 2.0

Heezdedjim

Hi all, just thought I would clarify some things.

At this time it is our intention that the best-in-slot PvE gear and Mods available are not reverse engineerable for schematics and not craftable at this time. Our goal is when new levels of PvE gear are introduced, the older gear and mods will then become reverse engineerable for schematics.

For the release of "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" Arkanian level gear and mods are the best craftable equipment in the game. Underworld level gear and mods will eventually be craftable when a new tier of equipment is released.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5951042#post5951042

Enjoy it while it lasts.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know what the purpose of crafting is with this change. If anything prior to this announcement people were clamoring for more crafting love, and instead we get outright hate? I don't understand. Take crafting out of the game if there's no point to it. There is absolutely no point in having a crafting skill other than Cybertech for grenades and Biochem for adrenals / stims.

Just take it out if you hate it so much and make space combat better. Or if people start asking for better space combat are you going to turn it into Asteroids?

I want to know what the purpose of crafting is with this change. If anything prior to this announcement people were clamoring for more crafting love, and instead we get outright hate? I don't understand. Take crafting out of the game if there's no point to it. There is absolutely no point in having a crafting skill other than Cybertech for grenades and Biochem for adrenals / stims.

Just take it out if you hate it so much and make space combat better. Or if people start asking for better space combat are you going to turn it into Asteroids?

I don't understand that mentality. I'm able to sell gear from low to mid level for players who are leveling. It doesn't give you millions of credits like the endgame stuff has been, but it can be a steady stream of income.

I don't understand that mentality. I'm able to sell gear from low to mid level for players who are leveling. It doesn't give you millions of credits like the endgame stuff has been, but it can be a steady stream of income.

I craft my alts gear myself, and I do that because 15K for a lvl 15 prototype mod is ridiculous.

I still plan on crafting Arkanian gear. I'm sure it won't be as profitable as crafting grade 27 stuff used to be, but I'd be surprised if it isn't profitable at all.

While it would be nice to craft Underworld stuff, it's not the "end of crafting as we know it"

If you have crafting purely as a revenue stream, then yes you have taken a hit.

For me, crafting is about making armouring, mods, enhancements, ear pieces and implants for my alts and companions as I level them.

Levelling in this game is rather easy, putting all blue mods into armour for alts and companions makes levelling so simple its actually to easy.

My first three level 50's I used whatever gear dropped and what I could buy cheap on the GTN. Which generally meant I was up to 5 levels behind in gear on average. Since I levelled all crafting professions and make all my own gear I cant believe how much of a difference it makes to levelling.

I do top end raiding weekly and have BiS on my raiding toon. I really couldn't care that I can craft BiS gear and I will never pay for it off the GTN because of the ridiculous prices.

I personally think that crafting BiS devalues the gear because guilds get the schemas and very soon the BiS gear is everywhere. Making BiS only obtainable by doing the end game content I think gives the gear more value.

In wow BIS slot crafted gear was removed after BIS and people still were selling items each expansion and tier after tier. Granted you were not able to charge absurd high prices simply because it was BIS, in this case the components were very expensive. However, post BC in wow people kept selling non-BIS gear. For example, in cataclysm I was selling heavy armor for warriors and paladin that were considered starter tier gear in that expansion despite being on the second teir of that expansion. The only difference is you can't charge absurd prices for a bis item. I think most of you crafters complain are doing so cause you won't be able to sell items at million or millions of credits per item and instead have to compete with non raiding crafters and do more work than before. Despite these changes it's still more efficient to craft and sell items than to run dailies. Flipping items also helps while you list items.

I don't remember the prices I sold those items, but they were nice amount of gold. I do craft in this game for credits, but to me it's more like not having to do dailies and crafting for my alts.

To keep players from copying each others schematics they removed the schematics entirely; A sledgehammer response when a scalpel was called for.

Your thread title is misleading. You did not 'dupe' which is a colloquialism for a duplication exploit. You reverse engineered the mod, which is the expected behavior based on earlier mods. In my opinion, not only should this practice continue, the devs should formalize it by selling the schematics for tokens. A few Ultimates, a good amount of Elites or a deluge of Basics.[/quote

QUOTE=Karl-Just-Karl;5930474]Bioware has already confirmed that this is not working as intended.

My intent in posting this was to highlight that this is a known glitch that seems to have carried over into the expansion and multiple new tiers of gear even though it is not working as intended and the devs had mentioned that they want to fix it.

As for reasons for it being a problem, please read my previous post. Suffice it to say, the problem is not one of "greed" on my part.

Honestly you would have been better not posting at all in here...but seeing as your feeling so concerned about crafting, perhaps starting stupid posts as of the like of Your "Duping" thread in the PTS then congratulations on nerfing the crafting community as a whole, instead of actually focusing on actual crafting bugs that are there of the like of which I have posted on...I guess you were just testing to see how you could make more and use scenarios to suit yourself and other....Golfclap....Yes Golfclap....dont come crying here.

Seems to me there is a serious problem with the rewards of these missions. I am not sure on what quantities have been allowed on these for the purple drops, but I am still in the process of running through them.

Ran 1 Underworld Discovery: Skimmers. It returned 2 nanite threaded cloth (purple)

Ran 1 Diplomacy: Deep-sea Diplomacy. Get this it returned me 3 blue Medical Grade Injectors. Your kidding me right?

Both of these missions was run with characters with either efficiency or critical bonuses in the skill all with full 10000 affection.

I will have more to come...and will list all results and provide screenshots if needed. Still trying to slice more Discovery missions to test, these seem to be harder to come by then live so bear with me.

Nice to see you in here Darevsool....Dunno if you remember me from SWG mainly in the weaponsmith forums in the final days...Occa was my forum name but ran ingame under Goonbag. Anyhow my 2 cents. Keep myself out of the forums mostly but read them everyday and post when I am pissed off.

GL all looking for crafting love for sure its been a ride....

Edited by Goonbag

The sound of an opinion being stated as fact...

Agreed.

My guild learns the schematics so we can gear ourselves (and alts up) without having to mix and match drops.

For instance, most of the mods in the Sage/Sorc Dread Guard pieces were high willpower, lower power. BiS was medium willpower, medium power. So, for me to have gotten BiS would have required me to get 18 seperate pieces of gear (because the ones that had the right mod, have the wrong enhancement) so I could have 9 BiS pieces...

That's over 20 weeks of farming just so I can be BiS, why would BW add that to 2.0?

Being able to min-max without making it a bloody night job was what I liked about SWTOR compared to other mmos.

Well time for everybodys mains to go back to biochem.

Oh wait...

But yeah I was gonna post a thread about this. Crafting in MMOs is a very binary fail. Either we have the current situation where BiS gear can be crafted (and Special Snowflake Syndrome players cry that anyone can get the gear) or BiS cannot be crafted and it is useless for the endgame raider.

Edited by PariahMessiah

more like the sound of someone stating a known fact from most MMOs, and people calling it opinion

so true.

its sad when players can get end game gear with out stepping foot into the instance. in essance the few skilled players that can are really carrying the rest of the server when such crafting is allowed.

Honestly you would have been better not posting at all in here...but seeing as your feeling so concerned about crafting, perhaps starting stupid posts as of the like of Your "Duping" thread in the PTS then congratulations on nerfing the crafting community as a whole, instead of actually focusing on actual crafting bugs that are there of the like of which I have posted on...I guess you were just testing to see how you could make more and use scenarios to suit yourself and other....Golfclap....Yes Golfclap....dont come crying here..

No idea what you are talking about. Was a known bug, I pointed out that it had migrated into the expansion. Looks like the did a messy job fixing it well before my post went up. I am truly sorry that I haven't posted enough crew skills testing feedback. I can tell that I've really let you down. I'll do everything in my power to make it up to you.

Edited by Karl-Just-Karl

so true.

its sad when players can get end game gear with out stepping foot into the instance. in essance the few skilled players that can are really carrying the rest of the server when such crafting is allowed.

If said "skilled players" actually had a signifcant problem with the current access to end game gear via crafting, there would be no end game gear via crafting. The only reason it's even been a thing is due to "skilled players" offering their crafting services, which means one or more of three things:

- They don't actually think this is a problem

- They're more concerned about making money

- They're using crit crafts to contribute to the gearing up their respective guilds

You didn't like the current system? Super. Good for you. Enjoy the monotony of 2.0 gearups, capped commendation incomes and all. But stop trying to present this as some affront to every ops player out there. If "carrying the server" was some horrendous notion to them, there literally would be no end game crafting in the first place.

Edited by Bleeters

If said "skilled players" actually had a signifcant problem with the current access to end game gear via crafting, there would be no end game gear via crafting. The only reason it's even been a thing is due to "skilled players" offering their crafting services, which means one or more of three things:

- They don't actually think this is a problem

- They're more concerned about making money

- They're using crit crafts to contribute to the gearing up their respective guilds

You didn't like the current system? Super. Good for you. Enjoy the monotony of 2.0 gearups, capped commendation incomes and all. But stop trying to present this as some affront to every ops player out there. If "carrying the server" was some horrendous notion to them, there literally would be no end game crafting in the first place.

Not true. The majority of crafters are people who RE'd items from another crafter.

In other words, the majority of cybertechs who can craft the Skill Armoring 27 never killed Firebrand & Stormcaller in NiM. And that's one of the main problem of crafting. Leeching. So, of course they're more concerned about making money. It's a never-ending chain.

I see the opposite effect, if you're forced into raids to get the top gear, you'll still want to be fully kitted out in 27s before you embark on the new raids. It has to be all or nothing though, no more BoE armorings which would be astronomically expensive if they can't be learnt.

Nice to see you in here Darevsool....Dunno if you remember me from SWG mainly in the weaponsmith forums in the final days...Occa was my forum name but ran ingame under Goonbag. Anyhow my 2 cents. Keep myself out of the forums mostly but read them everyday and post when I am pissed off.

Yep, I remember you. As I was generally on TCprime I don't think I ever came across you in game, but I do remember you from the forums. Good to "see" you!

I see the opposite effect, if you're forced into raids to get the top gear, you'll still want to be fully kitted out in 27s before you embark on the new raids. It has to be all or nothing though, no more BoE armorings which would be astronomically expensive if they can't be learnt.

That concept is outdated anyways, they haven't had BOE armorings drop since HM EC. Nothing like that drops in NiM EC or HM TFB.

To the other guy that said most crafters learned their schematics from stuff bought from the GTN - do you think that is really true? Our guild probably knows 2-3 out of the 7 major armorings, 2 of the 7 major hilts/barrels and about half of all the 27 mods & enhancements but ALL were from ops drops. Just curious.