Companions 101: Vette

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malavai Quinn.

He is, by far, more interesting than the other three companions that have been featured due to his choices in the Sith Warrior story.

At least do a male companion for the next one. I'd settle for Aric since he's romanceable and that seems to be the emerging pattern.

Edited by irishfino

So... I guess our suggestions on the companion blogs don't really matter, since the favorite for the next one was overwhelmingly Quinn?

Throwing out Tharan or Gus for next pub companion, if we ever see a male.

id vote for Gus due to him being the only one to make me actually laugh out loud.

So... I guess our suggestions on the companion blogs don't really matter, since the favorite for the next one was overwhelmingly Quinn?

Co-signed.

I mean, really, why would we want to see some equal treatment and maybe do some of the male companions, given how overwhelming their numbers are compared to female companions? (12 females, if you include SCORPIO, vs. 26 male companions minus the three droids, two of which are male-voiced). Because, yeah, the disproportionate attention being paid to the female companions makes sense, when there wasn't even an attempt made at equal representation amidst the demographic.

It says feel free to suggest, it doesn't say "we'll do the one that is the most suggested."

It says feel free to suggest, it doesn't say "we'll do the one that is the most suggested."

No, but it does imply that it would have a bit of sway over the next Companions 101. However, like all "suggestions" BioWare "encourages", they are taken "under advisement" which is corporate speak for "We heard you, we're going to keep doing what we're doing. Enjoy."

Edited by irishfino

Malavai Quinn

And the question I would like asked. 'Why even with 10,000 affection and helping him in every possible occassion, and fighting by his side he still does what he does."

And by that I mean betray you to a man that tried to blow him up in an explosion and set his apprentice to kill him.

It makes the story seem fixed and no choices have any effect so its much like Dragon Age 2 where all you do is sit on the side line and watch things happen that you can't change. And that was so popular.

Malavai Quinn.

He is, by far, more interesting than the other three companions that have been featured due to his choices in the Sith Warrior story.

At least do a male companion for the next one. I'd settle for Aric since he's romanceable and that seems to be the emerging pattern.

This, a thousand times this...

My first character to level 50 was my dark side Sith Marauder who completed the romance storyline with Vette. While I think Vette is funny, snarky, and overall a great character, I did have one gripe in her romance...

Towards the end of Vette's romance, you find Vette's mother who has died from being worked too hard as a slave to a Hutt. You eventually are given a choice of recommending Vette join her sister and seek revenge on the Hutt, or letting it go and moving on.

Being a dark side Sith, I naturally told Vette that getting revenge was a good idea. She carries through with it, but later confronts you that murdering the Hutt bothered her. I felt for a character described as having "crossed many moral lines over time..." that killing a villianous Hutt responsible for her mother's death would have been an excellent chance to nudge Vette down a darker path, one where she would understand the Sith a little better. I thought this could have been used as a pivotal moment where your character choice could turn Vette into a bit more dark sided or light sided personality. I was really let down Bioware didn't explore that in her romance and in her character.

Malavai Quinn.

When I was playing on the Imps side, I would like to kill him ...

after his treason ... I can force choke to the death innocent people, but I can't on this coward. Damn you Malavai Quinn !!!

Edited by Rendolphe

FYI, they also include poll results from Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit.

Vette is a great match for my juggernaut, Darth Sangreal, in strength of personality, and her lightheartedness balances out Sangreal's grouchiness well. Vette is a bright spot in what she sees as an otherwise rather grim world, and brings out the best in her. I dearly hope that Sangreal will be able to pursue a romance with Vette when SGRAs are finally launched. :t_smile:

Been waiting for this one! Vette is probably my favorite character in the game- I say probably because Blizz, Kira, Quinn and Scourge are close. So thank you for this Companion 101.

Favorite moment is tough because there are a lot, the romance missions being most of them since I'ma sucker for those, if I had to pick it would be between the first meeting and her mission on Tat. Pretty big moments for her character...

Oh and the mission about getting back the Star of Ryloth, I lul'd at her lines, we get it you practiced! :p

Edit: Plus she's a great counter to my Sith's Dark tendencies, though we both share a great laugh at the more serious Darth's and Jedi and Crime lords and well..pretty much everybody. And add HK-51 to the list up there, he's giving Vette a run for her money.

Edited by Airmo

Please share your favorite Vette moments in here!

Well, I'm going to bypass all the QQ about which companion got selected and talk about Vette.

Once she gets hand grenades... she's a grenade throwing, snark tossing little pip-squeak! I love seeing all the craters on the terrain after we drop some mobs. :D

Edited by Andryah