PVE gearing guide

MagikFingerz

Not really a new player, but I haven't been doing much PvE gearing since I hit 50-55 (focused on PvP). The only guides I've seen on endgame gearing just deals with which commendations buys which gear and where to get them. What I haven't found is the actual progression of which gear to get first and/or keep. Should one get full Campaign gear and replace the mods with better ones after that to keep the set bonus? And for dropped unassembled pieces (of which I have never seen any), does any of their set bonus stack with the Campaign gear?

Well, I can answer some of the questions you asked in your first post:

Campaign is level 61

Dread Guard is level 63

Basic Gear is level 66

Arkanian is level 69

Underworld is level 72

Kell Dragon is level 75

Campaign is gotten from Classic Comms, and is good starting out gear for a level 50 doing flashpoints and operations.

Dread Guard unassembled pieces are gotten from running Hard Mode Denova (Explosive Conflict)

The set bonuses of Campaign stack with the set bonuses for Dread Guard. In other words, 2 Campaign armorings and 2 Dread Guard armorings == 4-piece set bonus.

The set bonuses of Arkanian, Underworld and Kell Dragon all stack together, but do not stack with the Campaign/Dread Guard set.

Does this help?

Edited by Khevar

That does help, thanks!

What I'm most interested in though is the exact transition from Campaign to Basic gear. Is anything kept and remodded? And what about min/max'ing, is that done along the way?

I might just have a hard time understanding things, but I find the guides on gearing for PvP much more detailed and easier to follow. Due to, in part, that it only has 2 tiers of course, but still.

That does help, thanks!

What I'm most interested in though is the exact transition from Campaign to Basic gear. Is anything kept and remodded? And what about min/max'ing, is that done along the way?

it's easy as to take away a candy from a child now to get 61 gear - campaign (offhand first of all and mainhand) for comms and blackhole from HM 50 flashpoints loot

then gearing 66 is easy and streight - comms from makeb dailies and staged weekly, GSI dailies, Section X and so on

it's no hard work to get one piece a week from vendor only running Makeb (weekly staged + CSI weekly)

also you can get 66 enhancement as a reward for staged weekly in order to minmax - vendor gear is awfull from that point of view