Pvp Warzones

trullarsen

The lack of option to choose, drastically reduces queue times, its gives people a chance to play everything (sure huttball is more frequent if ur server has bad balance) but thats the way its designed.

The system is designed to minimize queues, so you spend more time playing less time waiting, regardless of server balance.

If they changed it the way you wanted you would be complaining about 30-40 minute queues lol, now im sure ull come back and say id gladly wait 30 mins to play the 1 i want, but at the end of a week of it, we'd see a post complaining about it for sure lol

I disagree Nfinite. I find that the queues are sometimes too long in some cases. I end up joining a match that is near completed sometimes after going in and out of the queue status. I would like to see more maps/options that make sense for republic vs empire instead of hutball.

Hutball should be an option not an automatic choice. The Alderran and the Ship zones should be automatic because it makes sense.

I don't understand what you mean by "makes more sense", are you speaking from a lore standpoint?

The system was made purely on thoughts of quality of life, if you make it so huttball is R v E only then the queues will get extremely long on most servers because empire usually greatly outnumber republic. (the same will happen regardless if you allow choosing your warzone queues)

I really cant see anyone whos thought about it long and hard choosing a 45m queue over the ability to choose a bg. If you change the system you condemn everyone who just wants to pvp now and doesnt really care of the field its played on, to the same 45m queue.

Sorry at the end of the day a small minority will care and the rest of us would just rather play the game instead of waiting in line.

Edited by Nfinite

Yeah, I mean 'makes more sense' in terms of the game setting; R v E.

Hutball seems like a just get out and have fun kinda game that involves death lol. So the game basically is advertised for people to choose a side and play against eachother. Huttball feels like a gimic to me.

You are right where some may have huttball as their favorite. But if you lower the group sizing like 4v4 or increase it to 10v10 you will find queues will be increased in those sections.

8v8 is pretty standard but some like a more personable approach (4v4) and others like the gigantic battle (10v10 - 20v20 ... )

I agree to; at the end of the day we will just play the game.

I think what it really comes down to is not everyone likes huttball, and we shouldn't have to play it. I get that in a way it balances out those waiting for PvP but I don't enjoy it! Why am I forced to play a game I don't enjoy when I'll be paying a monthly subscription to enjoy SWTOR? I'm a republic player on an RP server and huttball doesn't work for me! Allow it as an option to unselect huttball for PvP zones.

I think what it really comes down to is not everyone likes huttball, and we shouldn't have to play it. I get that in a way it balances out those waiting for PvP but I don't enjoy it! Why am I forced to play a game I don't enjoy when I'll be paying a monthly subscription to enjoy SWTOR? I'm a republic player on an RP server and huttball doesn't work for me! Allow it as an option to unselect huttball for PvP zones.

If you weren't playing in the majority of an unbalanced server than this wouldn't be a problem. Help balance the republic and you'll have smaller q times and never play huttball.