Jugg Tank stats 2.0

midakg

I made a spreadsheet model with the new talents and KeyboardNinja's new formulas. It really depends on the percentage of Kinetic/Energy attacks that are Force/Tech in any given fight. Looking at some of my old parses from NiM EC and HM TFB, it seems like 25% might be a safe average. There are obviously exceptions like TFB Kephess and Nightmare Stormcaller.

Defense is going to be a lot lower now since it's a lot less valuable due to the shield changes, and we don't get 6% from guard stance anymore (we get more armor instead).

So assuming everything on the PTS goes live and 25% Force/Tech, a near optimal distribution will be around 15/47/50 for augmented Underworld gear, or a 2:1 absorb rating to defense rating ratio.

I would post my excel model but I'd rather someone double check my math independently and we can compare notes if someone else comes up with a different answer.

Edited by KamikazeNY

Interesting...so only 15 percent defence? And whats deal with alacrity? thank you for responce

Yeah. That was my knee-jerk reaction at first too, until you realize there's over 1800 points spent to get shield and absorb as high as they are, with still over 500 points in defense. This is all due to how stats scale in the expac, not to mention the Guard Stance change I mentioned above.

I'm not planning on stacking any alacrity on my tank gear at the moment.

I'd love for someone to double check my math, just to make sure I put in all the formulas correctly, etc. I haven't been able to get my Guardian transfered over so I can't verify any of my math on the PTS.

Edited by KamikazeNY

Interesting posts here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=603857

" Shadow

Defense: 0 (21.96% with debuff and stim)

Shield: 909 (65.06% with KW)

Absorb: 1060 (58.70%)

Guardian

Defense: 740 (28.14% with BB, debuff and stim)

Shield: 694 (44.60%)

Absorb: 655 (42.20%)

Vanguard

Defense: 11 (19.62% with debuff and stim)

Shield: 1191 (53.37%)

Absorb: 898 (67.07% with PS and EB)"

They're talking about the optimization now in that thread. If you use the damage profile that Keyboard Ninja used in his model my model came out almost identical. He's also optimizing Arkanian and I optimized for Underworld (much larger stat budget).

What it really comes down to is how much force/tech damage we're going to see in the new operations. If it's higher then the current content (which I suspect it will be) you'll be better off with the optimization I linked above. If you think it will be similar to current content, use KeyboardNinja's optimization.

Make sure you subtract 10% from his defense numbers since he's counting Blade Barrier and Dust Storm which you won't see on your character sheet while standing on fleet. His optimization becomes 18/45/42.

Edited by KamikazeNY

Yeah I just checked and I think you are right, defence should be max to 17 percent

Eh, who knows. Only time will tell. The formula for computing mean mitigation is well known but we have no idea what the damage profiles of the new operations will be like. It used to not matter since defense and shield both applied to the same attacks, but now that shields work vs F/T, we have to start paying closer attention.