Is PvP Gear Better than Black Hole etc...

Ginwho

I'm nearly done with my PvE experience, but I know even when you're finished there are still dalies, weekly, OP's and of course PvP. Which is the best gear to have? I do want to do PvP, but I also want to do PvE stuff too. If PvP gear is the best, will it also be good enough for PvE? Thanks in advance!

I've got a level 50 Jedi Guardian

I'm nearly done with my PvE experience, but I know even when you're finished there are still dalies, weekly, OP's and of course PvP. Which is the best gear to have? I do want to do PvP, but I also want to do PvE stuff too. If PvP gear is the best, will it also be good enough for PvE? Thanks in advance!

You are going to want 2 sets of gear. One for PvE. One for PvP.

You want expertise for PvP so you will want PvP gear for that and at the same time, expertise will provide you little value in your PvE, so you would be wasting a spot to have other stats in PvE.

Edited by Technohic

It really depends on what pve gear you have and what PvP get you have.

High level pvp gear like war hero is better than the base level pve gear (tionese and column). But as it was said above if you playing both PvP and high level PvE (hard modes and nightmare modes) you will want two separate sets of gear.

Hi,

I'm quite the oposite as you wrote. I did mainly PvP all the time so i have full auged WH set. Then i started to PvE with my new guild and it was just fine as a DPS to do HM Operations in this gear. But when i got the Black Hole set with Campaign mods that provide bonuses it seem that I can do even better in PvE aspect. Anyway as is written above, you would want to have two sets of gear, but you can do really good with top tier PvP gear in HM Ops too.

I'd definitely start with my PvP set because high level PvP gear is good enough in high level PvE as well. The fast War Hero set that you can get in a few days after 1.6 is good enough for you to jump straight into HM Denova at least and probably Asation, too. It's not best in slot, but it's good enough to allow you to skip previous gear tiers.

The trick is that the lack of Expertise on the PvE gear in PvP means that you will take an absurd amount of damage from other players and it seriously gimps you and your team. That's what you get for wearing inappropriate gear.

The addition of Expertise on the PvP gear, however, in PvE just means that you will have slightly less main and secondary stats than the PvE variant, but since you take no extra damage from operations bosses for wearing inappropriate gear, you will still be good enough. (Personally, however, I believe that if someone is penalized for wearing PvE gear in PvP, he/she should equally be penalized for doing the opposite, wearing PvP gear in PvE. But that's not the case, anyway.)

All in all, the PvP armor sets are basically good enough for both aspects. You see people doing HM flashpoints all the time in Recruit gear and HM Operations in BM/WH.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

I'd definitely start with my PvP set because high level PvP gear is good enough in high level PvE as well. The fast War Hero set that you can get in a few days after 1.6 is good enough for you to jump straight into HM Denova at least and probably Asation, too. It's not best in slot, but it's good enough to allow you to skip previous gear tiers.

The trick is that the lack of Expertise on the PvE gear in PvP means that you will take an absurd amount of damage from other players and it seriously gimps you and your team. That's what you get for wearing inappropriate gear.

The addition of Expertise on the PvP gear, however, in PvE just means that you will have slightly less main and secondary stats than the PvE variant, but since you take no extra damage from operations bosses for wearing inappropriate gear, you will still be good enough. (Personally, however, I believe that if someone is penalized for wearing PvE gear in PvP, he/she should equally be penalized for doing the opposite, wearing PvP gear in PvE. But that's not the case, anyway.)

All in all, the PvP armor sets are basically good enough for both aspects. You see people doing HM flashpoints all the time in Recruit gear and HM Operations in BM/WH.

In agreement here, Keeva is right.

PvP sets are definitely enough to do most PvE content except maybe HM TfB. I haven't changed out of my WH in a month, even when running HM's or Ops.

Basically ye if you have full aug wh its not a necessity to have full bh to do most of the higher level operations. However if you start to do higher level operations with say your guild or whatever you will quickly build up a pve set anyway and if you want to do both... two sets is the way to go since pve gear has a lot more primary stat etc. Edited by AngusFTW

WH PVP gear you can do almost all PVE, but not HM Denova or Asation, no one in is perfect mind will take you.unless is a guild run with well gear players that just need 1 more.(happen on my guild)

But the others on the group have to carry you, you will do less damage and take more(less main stats is less damage, less endurance is less HP harder to healers to keep you up), some bosses is a DPS race, if you dont do your part, they will not make it.

It is possible?? sure

But do you want to be the anchor that is pulling your group down instead of helping

Black Hole gear is realy fast to get. and 1.6 will put that in overdrive, so the best thing is do get that gear(BH) and then you are ready to do and help in all end game stuff

As an addendum to this, with the ease of wh in 1.6 it could be.quite worthwhile to grind out a second wh set (or at least partial) and swap out the armorings with pve ones.

Mods and enhancements have very tiny stat decreases between pve and pvp most if the difference is loaded into the armoring. So a couple.campaign armorings and a couple.columni (from the coms earned in fps) and you could have a not-quite-BH but better then rakata set for a bit over 70 bh coms instead of the 215 black hole coms for 4 pieces straight up

WH PVP gear you can do almost all PVE, but not HM Denova or Asation, no one in is perfect mind will take you.unless is a guild run with well gear players that just need 1 more.(happen on my guild)

But the others on the group have to carry you, you will do less damage and take more(less main stats is less damage, less endurance is less HP harder to healers to keep you up), some bosses is a DPS race, if you dont do your part, they will not make it.

It is possible?? sure

But do you want to be the anchor that is pulling your group down instead of helping

Black Hole gear is realy fast to get. and 1.6 will put that in overdrive, so the best thing is do get that gear(BH) and then you are ready to do and help in all end game stuff

For most dps classes aug optimised wh is absolutely fine for denova hm and if the player knows class, rotations etc they wont be getting carried. My mara who was full near min maxed wh (with a bm earpiece :rolleyes:.. he just dinged 50 and got most gear via legacy) did denova hm and was on the same side as a jug who was also full wh for first boss and there was NO dps issue. IDK about tanking or healing but for most dps classes it is enough for most ops including denova hm.

That being said he's now in bh gear after doing ops :p

Edited by AngusFTW

For most dps classes aug optimised wh is absolutely fine for denova hm and if the player is good enough they wont be getting carried.

I'd say role also has a lit to do with how far you are viable, tanking it in pvp gear would be far rougher then just being part of the dps pack as you are talking a 150ish point dip in endurance and mainstat

I actually started out in HM FP and Ops in non-augmented, full battlemaster gear (armor/ears/implants/weapons/relics) and had zero problems. Ofcourse it helps to know your class and have a brain for group scenarios.

However, health and dps where areas that could be vastly improved simply by accumulating decent pve gear. So now with black hole/rakata gear, dread guard relics, fully augmented, I do more damage and have about 4K more health to boot, handy if you get caught in some nasty boss aoe dmg.

Go ahead and roll in end-game pvp gear if you want, but you will increase your pve performance with comparable pve gear.

Edited by -Alma-

I've had the same question. Thanks for all the replies. I'm primarily a PVP Tankassin but my guild is starting to do more flashpoints etc. If I had fully augmented WH tank gear, when should I start looking at changing out to PVE gear? I'm thinking I really only need a set of Black Hole gear to change out of PVP gear, but since I haven't done much other than PVP I could be WAY off...

It really depends on what pve gear you have and what PvP get you have.

High level pvp gear like war hero is better than the base level pve gear (tionese and column). But as it was said above if you playing both PvP and high level PvE (hard modes and nightmare modes) you will want two separate sets of gear.

Actually aug columi is better than aug WH for most classes in pve.

Edited by Smashbrother

Wow, thanks guys for the suggestions. So, It looks like I'll get two sets of armor/gear. Right now my recruit PvP gear is stronger than my Destroyer PvE gear, but I absolutely can't stand the look of the recruit PvP gear.....at least for a Guardian. Honestly, they should have made it look a little better. Also, you should be able to change the mods out.

So the prices on the good PvP gear is coming down......what in 1.6 patch. Does anyone happen to know when 1.6 will be released? Thanks again guys.....this really helps, now that I know what to do! :D

Wow, thanks guys for the suggestions. So, It looks like I'll get two sets of armor/gear. Right now my recruit PvP gear is stronger than my Destroyer PvE gear, but I absolutely can't stand the look of the recruit PvP gear.....at least for a Guardian. Honestly, they should have made it look a little better. Also, you should be able to change the mods out.

So the prices on the good PvP gear is coming down......what in 1.6 patch. Does anyone happen to know when 1.6 will be released? Thanks again guys.....this really helps, now that I know what to do! :D

Been on pts a couple weeks so best bet is.probably just before Christmas

PvE gear is certainly easier and quicker to acquire, as is.

PvE gear is certainly easier and quicker to acquire, as is.

I agree in nearly all cases except my seemingly bad luck regarding one piece of gear... There is still randomness in PvE gear drops. After 3 months of PvE, on my sorc, I still don't have a PvE saber. My sorc is still using a modded EWH. The rest is BH/campaign or above.

Good pvp gear will be easy to get in 1.6

Good pve gear will be easy to get in 1.6, if you have a guild willing to drag you through some operations, after the weekly lock out resets.