Cartel market needs to sell endgame pve/pvp gear!

Ishagu

I understand your point of view OP, but no, the raids/pvp are one of the few spots the game forces people to actually interact with one another in a generally solo type enviroment.

Sure there is always the player's choice to interact, but in most part one can decide to lone wolf it through most of the game (I'm like this actually). Raids and PvP are the only spots that the game encourages/forces people to actually work with other people.

We get a free set of pvp gear already, and soon raid/pve gear, nothing else is needed.

Im not talking about the top tier stuff, but there should be the option to buy a set of columi gear at least so that new players and alts can quickly jump in to hard modes and possibly ops once we hit the endgame.

No, if you can't take 1-2 weeks to gear yourself up then you need to play a different game.

If you give people gear so they can "jump into a HM" they will be clueless and have no idea how to do the fights,it will be a clusterf**k.

Oh please when we first got to endgame we had to use daily gear to do the hardmodes and recruit gear didn't exist. They should not be selling Columi in the cash shop -ever, that's tier 2 endgame stuff. You should have to beat the hardmodes to get it at least. Edited by MorgonKara

nobody ever had to work for Tionese, lol. I don't know a single person that has ever worked for Tionese and I've been playing since launch.

At launch you had to do dailies and/or get crafted lvl 49 item modifications just to step into a FP and complete it successfully. Maybe not fully geared out, but at least some. If you didn't, you were being carried. Maybe you weren't specifically working for Tionese, but it was a step up from the lvl 49 prototype. The FP's weren't as much as a faceroll as they are now. Remember all the changes in 1.2 and 1.3 (increased enrage timers, less mobs, mobs don't hit as hard, etc, etc)? Any gear upgrade helped back then.

Granted it was faster to gear completely in Columi due to the ridiculous cost of Tionese at launch. But, if you could afford a Tionese piece and it was an upgrade, you bought it, there was nothing else to spend the crystals and comms on. That's called working for it. Now days you just get your recruit gear, maybe do a few dailies, que for a SM OP, and bam, look at me I'm full Columi in less than 2 hours. With 1.6 it will be even easier.

On the subject of Columi in the Cartel Shop. That's a bad idea. People that have never ran an OP or a FP will be picking up full Columi and thinking they can take on any content in the game. I don't want to carry these people, sounds harsh, but I would rather have an under geared player that knows what they are doing than a geared player that doesn't feel like putting in the effort to learn. I have no problem helping people learn the various mechanics, but I expect people to have ran a at least a SM OP before they do the HM, regardless of how simple they are now and how much they've been nerfed. Giving away gear creates more people with less experience expecting to be able to take on the whole galaxy. Look what happened to Luke, give the guy a lightsaber and he thinks he take on a Sith Lord. Where did that get him? We don't need people losing limbs due to over confidence and increasing galactic insurance rates, it's just bad for the games reputation.

Im not talking about the top tier stuff, but there should be the option to buy a set of columi gear at least so that new players and alts can quickly jump in to hard modes and possibly ops once we hit the endgame.

No, work for it by doing dungeons. PvP gear can suffice, even in raids, as well for dungeons and story mode raids.

I must be doing something wrong then. I jump into HM fp and SM ops as soon as I hit 50. Evene before I do dalies. The way the GF is set up right now there's so many high end geared 50's doing hms and sm ops you just need to be able to keep up with all the mob skipping to get yer gear. But hey lets go the route of other f2p games and put the best stuff in a cash shop so nobody runs those ops and fps anymore. Yeah that's a great idea. Aren't we gettin low end pve gear with 1.6?

You get recruit gear when you hit lvl 50 and in 1.6 you will get the tionese gear as well, no need for anything else to start right into the endgame

Should I report this post?

BECAUSE ITS AWFUL.

THE RECRUIT GEAR DOES NOT HELP ONE IN END GAME lol.

Should I report this post?

BECAUSE ITS AWFUL.

THE RECRUIT GEAR DOES NOT HELP ONE IN END GAME lol.

Lolwut?

The only thing that makes recruit gear PvP gear at all is the inclusion of expertise.

And they hardly made a dent in the stat budget for the gear to add it.

You can easily run BH and section X dailies with it and, I'd be willing to bet, you can even run some early HMs with it as well.

Furthermore, come patch 1.6, you'll be getting a set of recruit gear AND a set of Tionese gear FREE (unless I misunderstood. Might be one or the other).

Edited by althene