Founder returns, Bioware this is your last chance to impress me

nysis

Seems like you guys have stopped asking for better and are resigned to be happy with what you have. Back when I played many players had hoped for more from the game and asked for better. Im back to give bioware one last shot, and if I don't see change on some level during this crucial month then i will no longer give money to this project.

Have you even read 1/100th of the stuff posted on these forums?! Noone has stopped asking anything. But threatening BW with cancelling your sub is not how you get them to listen. Do a little research, understand the process, and then makes suggestions not demands.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you even read 1/100th of the stuff posted on these forums?! Noone has stopped asking anything. But threatening BW with cancelling your sub is not how you get them to listen. Do a little research, understand the process, and then makes suggestions not demands.

Im addressing some folks in the thread based on their responses. I thought that was obvious :)

Thanks for responding all

I bought the game upon release and really wanted it to be my new home after the underwhelming cataclysm expansion.

I enjoyed the leveling process, the companion relationships and the moral decisions made while questing.

I enjoyed being able to decide, for example, between sleeping with a sith or honoring a quirky jedi

I enjoyed the fresh designs of space sci-fi and the coolness of having my own ship

I enjoyed how the characters have strong personalities and how immersive the game can be

I did not enjoy how poorly this game ran on my pc compared to just about every other game I have

I did not enjoy 3-5 min load screens

I did not enjoy the stutter every time I dismounted

I did not enjoy the boring rotations of certain classes, and the copy paste skills classes share

I did not enjoy having to do the world quests over and over and over again just to get to the few mins of fun class quest lines.

End game looked boring and unoriginal

Lack of customization after creation. NO barbershop, no paid character transfers, no appearance change

Ive been away from this game for many months now. I've seen the dev team and leadership all change hands. Many who championed this game at launch are long gone.

Unlike them, I return to give this game one last shot. Mists of pandaria is a damn good game and if this game fails to impress me then i'll simply jump into free to play during wow down time. However you can prove to me that the game is worth my sub by fixing the perfomance issues and adding the following

-Less mob density. I cant explore the planet if every step theres 8x8 rows of mooks lying around

-Make the zone locations more memorable: there are so many codex entries detailing parts of the planet, however these areas have nothing going on in them. I'd love to be able to find cool things to in nar shaada for example. Maybe some twilek dancing, pazzak and other minigames. Give life to the planets.

More communication: if you can't release new content every month, then at least let us know whats going on every step of the way. Blizzard has my love because they come off as very sincere with their players. Bioware never says anything, leaving the faithful with nothing but blind hope

-The rest: Out of mop i love the tiller dailies ( logging on to freshly grown crops is a daily sense of accomplishment), I love all the small scale content from improved faction grinds to challenge mode dungeons to pet battles. Swtor from the start should have been designed with more in mind than the typical mmo experiance. We have done that for years, we want freshness ideas. Space combat is a start, and should be expanded upon. Find a way to make it multiplayer for starters

I wish you luck bioware ( and much love), but seriously this is it for me. Your own lead producers, devs and top employees have bailed on this game, what does that say to the players who invested in the product? Many of us are wondering if this will end up being warhammer online in space.

All the things you did not enjoy are still there. If you didnt like the game before then you wont like it now.

.....But threatening BW with cancelling your sub is not how you get them to listen.

This is true.

According to Bioware, you first have to cancel, fill in the survey, and then be in the minority before they will listen.

Edited by Skoobie

Actually..it has nothing to do if you played since launch. I have friends that joined a month and a half after launch and they also recived that worthless title.

worthless??? ur face is worthless!!!! jk i love ur face (looks at avatar) i thought it was a cool title but then again i just like collecting titles :p

oh boy,,why do we always get such fine visitors, when this place is a mess?

we have to dust off the throne, hire a band, and have the chef make a 24 course dinner

we prolly need some security guards to keep the paparazzi away too,,not to mention terrorists

please give us some warning next time your lordship,,such a meager game is not worthy of your attention,

as it is now

I bought the game upon release and really wanted it to be my new home after the underwhelming cataclysm expansion.

I enjoyed the leveling process, the companion relationships and the moral decisions made while questing.

I enjoyed being able to decide, for example, between sleeping with a sith or honoring a quirky jedi

I enjoyed the fresh designs of space sci-fi and the coolness of having my own ship

I enjoyed how the characters have strong personalities and how immersive the game can be

I did not enjoy how poorly this game ran on my pc compared to just about every other game I have

I did not enjoy the boring rotations of certain classes, and the copy paste skills classes share

I did not enjoy having to do the world quests over and over and over again just to get to the few mins of fun class quest lines.

Lack of customization after creation. NO barbershop, no paid character transfers, no appearance change

Ive been away from this game for many months now. I've seen the dev team and leadership all change hands. Many who championed this game at launch are long gone.

Unlike them, I return to give this game one last shot. Mists of pandaria is a damn good game and if this game fails to impress me then i'll simply jump into free to play during wow down time. However you can prove to me that the game is worth my sub by fixing the perfomance issues and adding the following

-Less mob density. I cant explore the planet if every step theres 8x8 rows of mooks lying around

-Make the zone locations more memorable: there are so many codex entries detailing parts of the planet, however these areas have nothing going on in them. I'd love to be able to find cool things to in nar shaada for example. Maybe some twilek dancing, pazzak and other minigames. Give life to the planets.

More communication: if you can't release new content every month, then at least let us know whats going on every step of the way. Blizzard has my love because they come off as very sincere with their players. Bioware never says anything, leaving the faithful with nothing but blind hope

-The rest: Out of mop i love the tiller dailies ( logging on to freshly grown crops is a daily sense of accomplishment), I love all the small scale content from improved faction grinds to challenge mode dungeons to pet battles. Swtor from the start should have been designed with more in mind than the typical mmo experiance. We have done that for years, we want freshness ideas. Space combat is a start, and should be expanded upon. Find a way to make it multiplayer for starters

I wish you luck bioware ( and much love), but seriously this is it for me. Your own lead producers, devs and top employees have bailed on this game, what does that say to the players who invested in the product? Many of us are wondering if this will end up being warhammer online in space.

This game isn't for you

I stopped reading after this.

Unlike them, I return to give this game one last shot. Mists of pandaria is a damn good game and if this game fails to impress me then i'll simply jump into free to play during wow down time.

Have a nice day.

To everyone that complains about loading time: buy better computer. My new pc has under 30s loading time and my 10 year old crap pc has 1.5 mins.

Bull. I run on a high quality 240GB SSD, with an i7 @3.4ghz, 16GB RAM, and two 2GB GTX560 Ti's in SLI. The loading times are atrocious for that setup. It doesn't bother me much, since loading times aren't all that common in this game, but it is without a doubt atrociously slow.

worthless??? ur face is worthless!!!! jk i love ur face (looks at avatar) i thought it was a cool title but then again i just like collecting titles :p

Lol..well jokes aside. It is kinda worthless. Everyone who had a sub before march 24th, or something like that, got a founder title = worhtless..just like my handsome face ;)

Uh, you enjoy grinding dailies for rep instead of doing dungeons etc to get it? Thousands will disagree with you there. :eek:

Go away.

Seems like you guys have stopped asking for better and are resigned to be happy with what you have.

I play for 1-4 hours pretty much every day. I've been playing since January. The game could be half as engaging and still provide me with enough content for a healthy amount of gaming per day.

"resigned to be happy" - I absolutely LOVE this phrase. Heck yes, I am resigned to be happy :D

I know it makes you sad a bit when you try some shoes on and they don't fit. But, well... Try on another pair. These shoes will fit someone else just fine.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again.

We as gamers are a fickle breed, that quite honestly regard our own personal entitlement to be the be all and end all. (expectations far too high, with entitlement ranking even higher)

It's no secret that in recent years, we as gamers have been spoilt, and have in my opinion come expect too much in certain scenarios.

Whilst I can understand this standpoint from a consumers point of view (being one myself). I do have to realise that I have to be realistic and take into account all factors involved. (Some of which will be admittedly on an assumption basis).

I do agree that it's disappointing to see bugs still in game that have been around for months or longer. I also agree that the reemergence of bugs is a little disheartening to say the least. (Not forgetting the recent hits in performance for higher end machines again).

I also feel that the game as a whole hasn't quite been managed the way it should of been and honestly believe that Bioware has to be aware of this fact.

Since the release of Dragon Age 2, Bioware has quite honestly gone from a developer that could do no wrong to a developer that has been butchered in the gaming community. It's no secret that Bioware have lost their way a little.

In my opinion Bioware cannot be so arrogant and blind not to know this.

I honestly feel that in part, this has caused notable and well respected members of Bioware to move on.

In all honesty, ToR is at a very tentative point right now.

Patch 1.5 (tomorrow) we all know whilst adding in new content is mainly to bring in the Cartel Market and the F2P model. This is Bioware's first step at trying to recoup some of their lost revenue, and claw back subscriber numbers.

I personally am more interested in what 1.6 - 2.0 will bring.

Yes there are problems with the game, I am not blind to them. I just try not to let the bugs outweigh my enjoyment of the game.

I suggest that anyone feeling like the OP takes the F2P route and keeps their eye on the game if they are so inclined.

For me to still be here, subscribing (and will continue to do so) has to signify that I have faith that Bioware will begin to make the right decisions and move forward in a direction that is better for everybody.

TL;DR Yes there are problems, my advise is to take the F2P option and keep your eye on the game until it gets to a point you are happy to resubscribe.

lol another one of these threads ... and worse yet you seem to think your entitled to soooo much ! ... why ?

You have admitted that you jumped ship ? why do you think they'll listen to you over those of us that have been here from day one and havn't left . <snip>

Just to point out the way big business seems to work, and this is no way meant to be having a pop at you, UniverseSong:

Companies do listen to people like the OP over those of you that have never left because you have shown that you are happy to keep paying for the service offered in its current state. You have shown that you are happy to accept the current situation and all that that entails.

The OP and people like him, including myself, have shown that we are not. That EA Bioware must do better in order to get our money and that if they want to keep getting it, they need to do better. You are a safe bet, money in the bank. We are not.

Again this is no reflection on you and others like you. But this is simply how certain businesses view their customers. You see it time and time again with things like mobile phone and internet providers. There's constantly amazing new deals, but only for new customers. Existing customers can go swing until they decide to kick up a stink themselves.